Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here. Ordered a white/black 18” wheels on 7/29. Scheduled delivery for 9/22. Originally was coming in November. So excited. Thanks for everyone’s post. Helped me with waiting for mine.
I'll have to say posting, learning, and interacting with the community here can definitely ease the wait a bit. I've still refreshed tesla.com account about a million times, but it would be a lot more if not for here.

since my edd is 9/14-9/30 does the edd change tomorrow since it hits the 9/14? or just remain the same?

For the past 3 weeks or so (before I finally got assigned the VIN), the front end of the EDD always changes the day after. For your example, you will probably NOT see any changes on the 14th. However, on the 15th morning, you EDD will either shrink (say go to 9/17 to 9/30) or whole thing shifts without shrinking (say 9/17 to 10/2) or worst case scenario where it moves back and increase the window (say 9/17 to 10/9). How much it shifts back is anyone's guess but it will definitely move the day after your current front date.

All I can say is the size of the EDD window has changed like 6 times or more in the last month for me and all three scenario above occurred. Your EDD window should shrink smaller (say ~21 days to ~14 days to ~7 days) as it gets closer to your eventual VIN assignment. This only makes sense as Tesla are more confident about its production capacity and where you are in line.

Reactions: mickey05 and WI2MO
It's been fun and good luck to you all. I finally got the VIN assignment yesterday and was able to schedule delivery appointment today for Wednesday. The delivery center was very quick on responding to questions and was able to correct some of the mistakes on the pre-pickup documentation.

Some info, M3LR / Red / Black / 19" / No FSD. Located in SoCal and OD is 7/11. Original timeframe at order was 10 to 17 weeks (this is before they stopped giving ETA as range of weeks vs. now as a particular month of the year). I didn't really start tracking EDD until mid-August (roughly the last month or so).

Here is a graph showing the ever changing EDD window. Lighter line is the front of the EDD window and the darker color is the back end of the EDD window.

EDD.png

Reactions: lifjoy and WI2MO
For the archives, I ordered on 9/4, delivery window of 10/29->11/28. Black with black interior, 18" wheels. In NorCal.

That window is fine with me, my college age kid is hybrid right now so she's living at home, her car here, we don't need another car right this second. In January we'll be down to 1 car, I just want it before then.

Silly question but for the people who financed...do they fill out the finance paperwork after you do your down payment? I want to put more than I originally entered.
You'll probably have to call if you want to increase the down payment as that will change the finance terms. I wasn't given an option to change the amount over what I had originally put in for the down payment once the 'make final payment' button became available upon scheduling delivery.

My wife wants me to wait until we get the car before ordering anything. Sigh...
Oh man, half the fun of this waiting process is buying all the goodies and holding the pieces in your hands imaging how they are going to look in the car. My wife has been gracefully putting up with my constant 'look what I got' show and tells, and 'did you know that...' commentary, embracing my enthusiasm 😄

Here's my list of goodies I have piling up...
All-Weather Trunk & Frunk Liners
Set of jack pads
Center console organizer set
Cupholder spring insert
Wind noise reduction trim for top glass
Door lock/latch covers
License plate frames
HVAC air intake leaf guard
Trunk grocery bag holder
Frunk screw hole covers
Foot pedal slip on pads + left foot rest cover