Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm personally going to wait until i get a delivery date before I do financing. I've seen too many people on here and other places lose their VIN for no reason at all.
Duly noted. Probably more accurate to say that I'm going to start researching financing. I didn't anticipate getting a VIN in <4 wks so I didn't look at financing at all before getting in the queue. 😄

Reactions: allentx46
All these updates for everyone and still no VIN or updated EDD for me. This game is really random. 🤣
Yep, when you think about the logistics it is really complicated: Manufacturing configurations efficiently given the pool of waiting orders that can be transported around the country/world while filling each truck/train car, delivering to service centers without overflowing their capacity to prep and deliver all the cars that come their way, but keeping them as close as possible to maximum capacity. That's a long way from a FIFO order queue.

Been on here since I ordered my car and just took delivery yesterday. After reading the majority of this thread, here are my bullet points....

- Orderd 8/7 M3LR Black/Black 18in wheels
- EDD stayed 9/24-9/24 until 8/28 when it changed to 9/10-9/21
- VIN on 9/1
- Delivery/Pick up 9/14

A couple of notes.
- My SA was responsive but could not give me any updates on time of delivery or VIN. He told me the algorithm was based on how production was going that day.
- I did happen to try to order a car that was found in inventory. But ended up not because I got my VIN that day.

The car is awesome and worth the wait. Enjoy everyone!

OD 7/31 for a White/White M3 with a EDD that's been at 9/15-9/30 forever. Hoping to see a VIN any day now. The wait is killing me bros.

I'm starting to suspect that mine is taking longer because I need to wait for another white interior batch or something.
we have the same configuration. I ordered 7/27 and my EDD is 9/15-9/25 with no VIN yet. Good luck to you

Last edited:
Well, that was fairly short lived, the dates changed again to November 14 - December 4. I guess we are going to be Q4 owners, or maybe Q1 if congress does reinstate the Tax Credit for Tesla.
Well, strange thing, we had given up since we got changed to the late November, early December dates from last 2 weeks of September. Today I checked and it was still showing those Q4 dates, we made plans for leaving town. This afternoon I suddenly get an email asking for final payment. in Michigan we have to pay in full before the car enters the State due to dealer laws. I had to tell them to delay delivery. It is ok as we do not need the car at the moment. We lost my hybrid Accord in a flood this June but I am no longer going into the office so my wife has her leased Explorer she takes to work and I ride my motorcycle if I need to go anywhere, at least through November unless winter comes early. Maybe someone else in Michigan will get the M3LR in white with standard 18 inch wheels and black interior. Good luck to those waiting.

Well, strange thing, we had given up since we got changed to the late November, early December dates from last 2 weeks of September. Today I checked and it was still showing those Q4 dates, we made plans for leaving town. This afternoon I suddenly get an email asking for final payment. in Michigan we have to pay in full before the car enters the State due to dealer laws. I had to tell them to delay delivery. It is ok as we do not need the car at the moment. We lost my hybrid Accord in a flood this June but I am no longer going into the office so my wife has her leased Explorer she takes to work and I ride my motorcycle if I need to go anywhere, at least through November unless winter comes early. Maybe someone else in Michigan will get the M3LR in white with standard 18 inch wheels and black interior. Good luck to those waiting.
Our cars might have been on the same delivery train/truck. I think they send them to the region hub in Chicago first before going into the midwest states.

Just thought to provide a datapoint for you guys.

OD : 7/21
EDD : Jumped all around September before stabilizing at Sep 14-Sep 25 in the first week of September, and then today it changed to Sep 18-Sep 25, got a VIN not long ago, and EDD set with a 2 day window, and then a delivery scheduled now on 9/22

Model 3 LR AWD
White Exterior, Black Interior, Standard Wheels, No FSD

for those of you got a text from tesla about delivery. did you guys get a text saying "we currenlty plan to build and deliver your model 3 in septmember....." I just got that text right now.
I just got that text too. Here's the full content of the text for those who are curious:

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out after September."