Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those waiting….my observations:

1. The “source code” trick didn’t seem to work for me. My most recent check was three days ago and nothing was showing. I got VIN a earlier today and it now IS showing via the trick. I suspect that doesn’t work to predict any longer or at best it is a few hours advance? Don’t waste your time.
2. I did not get any text or email for VIN. I simply did a “refresh” and voila, there was the vision agreement. Once I accepted the VIN was populated in my account.
3. Refreshing and disappointment are par for the course. Get used to the ups (really only one) and downs (total refresh count minus one). To be honest, this forum and your stories helped me throughout and kept my faith. Thanks!
4. My SA was friendly and responsive but he didn’t have any additional info for me throughout this process. He answered the four non delivery questions I had quickly but never provided any delivery or production updates. I suspect they don’t have any “secret, inside info” on production.
5. Educated guess but it does appear to be a domestic push at end of each quarter. If you aren’t taking possession by end of Sept, I wouldn’t expect Oct. delivery. I don’t know why but reading exhaustively everywhere seems to suggest this. Now how to crack the VIN matching algorithm? Recommend you email [email protected]

According to my VIN, I’m getting a ‘21…not that it matters.

Good luck all….signing off this thread. And remember, The waiting is the harrrrrrrrrrdesssssssst part.
Congrats

I decided to text back SEPTEMBER two more times for good measure. ;)

But still got no reply. 😬
I just got a reply text saying "Understood! we'll mark your account as on hold. if you decide you're ready sooner, simply log into your tesla Accut and click the "I'm Ready" button." and now i'm like WTF?? are they serious after i have already texted SEPTEMBER and this is the reply i get back? then a minute later "My apologizes. We will not put your order on hold. Your account is complete and we will contact you once your vehicle is built and ready to schedule. Thank you!" What the hell is going on here?

Picked up my car this afternoon in Nashville, TN. 51 days from order to delivery. Haven't found anything wrong with it yet. At pickup, the odometer read 3 miles.

Delivery was originally scheduled for yesterday (9/14) but the car was schedule to arrive Monday (12) or Tuesday (13). It didn't arrive until yesterday so delivery was pushed back a day. I had originally selected the first day in the delivery window that they had offered.

One trick I learned is that you can get the store's "extension number" from them then type that in when you call to get to your local showroom instead of talking to the call center.

The Nashville showroom's parking lot was packed with cars. Last time I was there, mid-July, the lot was empty. Now there's hardly a parking spot open and they have cars at an overflow lot at the nearby Target, too. Must be near the end of quarter?

The cameras calibrated very quickly. Probably within 10 minutes of freeway driving.