Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a reply text saying "Understood! we'll mark your account as on hold. if you decide you're ready sooner, simply log into your tesla Accut and click the "I'm Ready" button." and now i'm like WTF?? are they serious after i have already texted SEPTEMBER and this is the reply i get back? then a minute later "My apologizes. We will not put your order on hold. Your account is complete and we will contact you once your vehicle is built and ready to schedule. Thank you!" What the hell is going on here?
You didn't pay attention. They did not ask to reply more than once ;)

A train load of cars pulled into Newark NJ this morning and a truckload of Tesla's including mine arrived at Cherry Hill Tesla this afternoon. If all goes well my 9 year old son and I will be picking up "Ghost Car" PW with white seats Saturday morning. He is more excited than me. He is really hoping to see the Model S Plaid at the Tesla store when we pickup. He wants to touch the worlds fastest car. lol

Ordered my M3LRAWD September 2, 2021 with EDD October 17 - November 16. Does this mean that my vehicle could end up being a 2022 If it gets delivered in that timeframe?
Depends on the build date but good chance its a 2022 with a September build vehicle but if October builds and beyond I would suspect will all be 2022 if its the same as last year build dates. Wont be a different car just a different vin code for the early 2022 models.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
My M3LR/red/white/18s/noFSD was delivered today; original order made and completed on 7/5, so just over 10 weeks from order to delivery. The only flaw was the rear door handles being slightly recessed; I don’t think I’m going to have anything done on them though. Paint is very good (ought to be for $2k extra ;)) and compares acceptably to other $50k cars; a bit of orange peel in a few places but you have to look closely to see it, and the color is extremely uniform across the whole car. Audi is still better but not by a lot; you have to pay a lot of attention to spot the difference. Panel gaps are perfect across the whole car; as good as an higher end Audi. Interior was spotless and perfect as well. Tesla can clearly build to fit and finish standards competitive with European sport/luxury sedans when they try; maybe we’re starting to see a turning point where this level of fit and finish is expected by Tesla management. The car drives great, and no squeaks or rattles, again as should be expected. Quite impressive.

Anyone else got a text from Tesla?
"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in June. Please reply JUNE if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery soon. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the coming weeks."
After you got that txt how many days or weeks you received your vin?

Ordered my M3LRAWD September 2, 2021 with EDD October 17 - November 16. Does this mean that my vehicle could end up being a 2022 If it gets delivered in that timeframe?
If your M3LRAWD is built on or before December 31st, 2021, it will be a 2021 year model. If it's built on or after January 1st, 2022, it will be a 2022 year model.