Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery a few hours ago. Car was immaculate. Panel gaps were even across the entire car, no paint issues, no wheel damage, white color was spot on throughout even the bumper. Two extremely minor issues was a small bit of residue on the front bumper (Easily came off with a quick wipe and a damp cloth) and there was a small smudge in the rear passenger headliner which also easily came off with a damp cloth and a quick wipe. The rear driver side door handle is a tiny bit more recessed than the other 3 but it is so minor I am not even going to bother with it. You would never even know it was there. Basically 10 seconds of effort and the car is perfect.

Home delivery in an apartment building worked well. They found a parallel parking spot on the road. Got a call, walked down, the delivery person from our local store said "happy Tesla day!" and texted the store lead to mark the car as delivered so I could accept delivery in my account.

I already dropped the car off at the detailing store to get some ppf added and will pick it back up sometime next week. The car was amazing to drive and loved the short time I got to test autopilot. It is 100% worth the wait. It was love at first sight when I walked across the street and saw it sitting there. Within a mile and I was hooked. Never going back to a rumbling gas engine. Only EV for the future!

My M3LR/red/white/18s/noFSD was delivered today; original order made and completed on 7/5, so just over 10 weeks from order to delivery. The only flaw was the rear door handles being slightly recessed; I don’t think I’m going to have anything done on them though. Paint is very good (ought to be for $2k extra ;)) and compares acceptably to other $50k cars; a bit of orange peel in a few places but you have to look closely to see it, and the color is extremely uniform across the whole car. Audi is still better but not by a lot; you have to pay a lot of attention to spot the difference. Panel gaps are perfect across the whole car; as good as an higher end Audi. Interior was spotless and perfect as well. Tesla can clearly build to fit and finish standards competitive with European sport/luxury sedans when they try; maybe we’re starting to see a turning point where this level of fit and finish is expected by Tesla management. The car drives great, and no squeaks or rattles, again as should be expected. Quite impressive.
Congrats on the new car!

Regarding the door handles, I had the same with mine that I picked up a few weeks ago. I opened a service ticket and they looked at them today. They said "they are within spec" and could not adjust.

Setting up my financing. My wife and I are both going to be on it but its asking for our mortgage cost on both sides. Should I split the cost between both of us or just do one of us and the other as "living with family"?
When I did our financing I put the payment in for both. I am assuming they are smart enough to realize the address is the same and we live together. Either way, it didn't seem to matter as I received instant approval.

You guys, I am livid right now. I ordered 8/16 and my EDD has been Sept 15-30. I just refreshed today, September 16th and my new EDD is DECEMBER! What in the entire F@CK is going on? I called my SA and she just said oh sorry it's just due to delivery delays. This is unreal and my lust for Tesla is rapidly turning in to a Taycan order....any ideas?

You guys, I am livid right now. I ordered 8/16 and my EDD has been Sept 15-30. I just refreshed today, September 16th and my new EDD is DECEMBER! What in the entire F@CK is going on? I called my SA and she just said oh sorry it's just due to delivery delays. This is unreal and my lust for Tesla is rapidly turning in to a Taycan order....any ideas?
Did you get the text yesterday asking if you wanted the car in September or delay?