Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While yes, it's annoying, there are people from June and July that haven't been assigned a vin yet. On top of that, when you ordered, your original edd would have been october-december
On my order date my EDD was November. The very next day it changed to Sept 15-30th and hasn't moved since. Just comes as a shock that inside my 2 week delivery window it suddenly gets pushed back by 3 months. I could order today and have the same EDD, so what gives? There has to be an explanation somewhere, other than "sorry we don't know".

My M3LR/red/white/18s/noFSD was delivered today; original order made and completed on 7/5, so just over 10 weeks from order to delivery. The only flaw was the rear door handles being slightly recessed; I don’t think I’m going to have anything done on them though. Paint is very good (ought to be for $2k extra ;)) and compares acceptably to other $50k cars; a bit of orange peel in a few places but you have to look closely to see it, and the color is extremely uniform across the whole car. Audi is still better but not by a lot; you have to pay a lot of attention to spot the difference. Panel gaps are perfect across the whole car; as good as an higher end Audi. Interior was spotless and perfect as well. Tesla can clearly build to fit and finish standards competitive with European sport/luxury sedans when they try; maybe we’re starting to see a turning point where this level of fit and finish is expected by Tesla management. The car drives great, and no squeaks or rattles, again as should be expected. Quite impressive.
Oh, I should put in a brief description of the delivery process: a Tesla employee, shadowed by another one in a Y, backed the car into my driveway, locked it, took some pictures (including a wide shot with the house in the frame, presumably to document the delivery to my actual house), got into the waiting Y, waved, and took off. After about 10 minutes, I got the link in my account to accept delivery; I had already paid the night before, and had done a pretty thorough walk around, so I accepted delivery. Then go to the app…nothing. Wait 5 minutes…nothing. After about 20 minutes and I still can’t unlock the car, I called my service center, navigated their short phone menu, got customer service person Kendall on the phone, explained the problem, and she said, “Try logging out of the app and then back in again.” D’ohhh!!! I’ve read that a dozen times in various threads here but didn’t remember; I did as suggested, and voilà, the app recognizes the car, I unlock, and start setting it up. Only other oddity was that the key cards were warped and wavy like a bad vinyl record; did Tesla have a pallet of key cards parked next to Elon’s volcano fortress or something? 😉

Reactions: Sandmaster
On my order date my EDD was November. The very next day it changed to Sept 15-30th and hasn't moved since. Just comes as a shock that inside my 2 week delivery window it suddenly gets pushed back by 3 months. I could order today and have the same EDD, so what gives? There has to be an explanation somewhere, other than "sorry we don't know".
I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I doubt your real delivery date will end up being in December. The dates jump around all the time, the Edd on the website is more like a magic 8 ball than a guaranteed window.

I’m scared my financing expiring is going to lead to me losing priority and beyond delayed past September. Anyone know if the financing matters other than profile submission?
A SA told me that everything is based on the original order date. When I put my oder in on 7/28 I got a vin in three weeks even though the website said 10-16 weeks delivery. I needed an October delivery so I asked to put my order on hold until 10/5. Decided to change the paint color from MSM to White on 9/5 giving me a new order date. When I saw the Tesla order page had the LR pushed back to December I got concerned I would wait until December or longer so I clicked the "I'm Ready" button on 9/10 and within a few hours I got another vin number. Not messing around this time so I'm taking delivery this weekend.

Glovis Safety is Just departing to Southampton
glovis.png

My EDD just changed to 9/19-9/30. No VIN or Vision agreement.
Mine finally changed by two days. Went from 9/22-9/30 to 9/20-9/30. No vision agreement either. The rep in the Tesla store at my orientation last week said the vehicle was expected to leave Fremont on the 20th and arrive at the Marina Del Rey distribution center on the 21st. I am hoping to have my car by Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: bradnd99 and lifjoy
m3 lr blue awd , 7/29 OD , got VIN 9/7 , made payment on 9/12 and it allowed me to set up delivery for the 22nd,23rd, or 24th. i chose the 22nd and then got the texts this morning.. that the car had arrived early, and i could pick up today, incredible experience , got it around 6pm
I'm hoping for something similar, I'm set up to pick up car on the 20th, I'd love for them to text me and say it's ready early and pickup to have for the weekend! But 3 more days isn't all that bad I guess haha.

Reactions: sbizzle
Not to rub it in, but for those people that now have a delivery date set and are doing financing through Tesla, when do you submit the downpayment portion? Do you wait until the vehicle is inspected on day of delivery?
When I bought my MY last year, I just brought a cashiers check the day of delivery and gave it to them after I checked out the car