Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery a few hours ago. Car was immaculate. Panel gaps were even across the entire car, no paint issues, no wheel damage, white color was spot on throughout even the bumper. Two extremely minor issues was a small bit of residue on the front bumper (Easily came off with a quick wipe and a damp cloth) and there was a small smudge in the rear passenger headliner which also easily came off with a damp cloth and a quick wipe. The rear driver side door handle is a tiny bit more recessed than the other 3 but it is so minor I am not even going to bother with it. You would never even know it was there. Basically 10 seconds of effort and the car is perfect.

Home delivery in an apartment building worked well. They found a parallel parking spot on the road. Got a call, walked down, the delivery person from our local store said "happy Tesla day!" and texted the store lead to mark the car as delivered so I could accept delivery in my account.

I already dropped the car off at the detailing store to get some ppf added and will pick it back up sometime next week. The car was amazing to drive and loved the short time I got to test autopilot. It is 100% worth the wait. It was love at first sight when I walked across the street and saw it sitting there. Within a mile and I was hooked. Never going back to a rumbling gas engine. Only EV for the future!
Fantastic! I'm hoping that I'm right behind you. If you are in the MSP area, what is your preferred detailing place?

Not to rub it in, but for those people that now have a delivery date set and are doing financing through Tesla, when do you submit the downpayment portion? Do you wait until the vehicle is inspected on day of delivery?
Once my delivery was scheduled, the option to make final payment (down payment) was made available through my account. I just paid it immediately. My advisor said you won't be able to accept delivery unless you've made your final payment, and also provided your insurance listing the VIN on the policy (Texas). Both of which are done for me... last thing left is to go pick up the car. It's supposed to be arriving tomorrow, ready for pickup on Tuesday. Relativity is a terrible thing sometimes... this will be the longest weekend of my life! :D

Reactions: lowgitek
See, this is what I'm talking about.....how is it possible that you ordered after me, yet your EDD window shrank while mine got pushed back by 3 months?
Maybe it has to do with our geographic location and Tesla's ability to get a fully loaded carrier truck to those locations before EOQ?

You're right: FIFO delivery seems like a fairer, more predictable experience for customers.

Reactions: jalynn2
See, this is what I'm talking about.....how is it possible that you ordered after me, yet your EDD window shrank while mine got pushed back by 3 months?
Looks like you got a white with black interior. i would make a guess, seeing how that (i would assume) is basically the most popular build, maybe you missed the q3 push for arizona. He is in oregon and oregon is delivered after arizona so he made the cut? Just a guess. December would mean you are getting yours end of Q4. It will probably be earlier Q4 realistically. Not sure. Just trying to come up with some sort of idea as to why. There are people who ordered their M3P 2 or 3 weeks after me with a VIN and my EDD just changed to 9/24 from 9/19 and was 9/14 before that.

EDIT: funnily enough my EDD changed to 9/24 the day after I called my delivery center asking why I never got the SEPTEMBER text others that ordered after me got. Someone in the M3P section suggested maybe that means they now know when my car is going to be built, VIN assigned, and how long the shipping will take. I'm hoping that is true and that VIN will be assigned 9/21

Once my delivery was scheduled, the option to make final payment (down payment) was made available through my account. I just paid it immediately. My advisor said you won't be able to accept delivery unless you've made your final payment, and also provided your insurance listing the VIN on the policy (Texas). Both of which are done for me... last thing left is to go pick up the car. It's supposed to be arriving tomorrow, ready for pickup on Tuesday. Relativity is a terrible thing sometimes... this will be the longest weekend of my life! :D
I know the feeling. I am dreading this weekend and the first half of next week. I have the car, but had to drop it off to get the ppf applied. I don't know if it will be done by Wednesday or Thursday. It could be a full week without the car lol. Also selling my current car on Monday so it will be a hectic time with lots of changes happening.

I just want my tesla back! But, I know it takes time for a professional to apply the ppf and would rather be patient rather than a botched and rushed job.

Maybe it has to do with our geographic location and Tesla's ability to get a fully loaded carrier truck to those locations before EOQ?

You're right: FIFO delivery seems like a fairer, more predictable experience for customers.
I'm in Arizona, not nearly far enough away from you to be pushed out by 3 months. I'm literally a 12 hour drive from Fremont. Man I just want an explanation like oh white paint has a nationwide shortage or your wheels are on backorder....anything! I would happily change paint or wheels or whatever to get it earlier, but there is no valid explanation for the extreme delay when others are getting their orders.

Updating when it changes. Ordered 7/27 LR/White/White/19
8/4 EDD 9/6-9/26
8/7 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/11 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/13 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/16 EDD 9/14-9/30
8/17 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/18 EDD 9/15-9/30
8/19 EDD 9/14-9/30
9/12 EDD 9/13-9/25
9/14 EDD 9/15-9/25
9/16 EDD 9/17-9/30
9/17 EDD 9/18-9/30

Looks like you got a white with black interior. i would make a guess, seeing how that (i would assume) is basically the most popular build, maybe you missed the q3 push for arizona. He is in oregon and oregon is delivered after arizona so he made the cut? Just a guess. December would mean you are getting yours end of Q4. It will probably be earlier Q4 realistically. Not sure. Just trying to come up with some sort of idea as to why. There are people who ordered their M3P 2 or 3 weeks after me with a VIN and my EDD just changed to 9/24 from 9/19 and was 9/14 before that.

EDIT: funnily enough my EDD changed to 9/24 the day after I called my delivery center asking why I never got the SEPTEMBER text others that ordered after me got. Someone in the M3P section suggested maybe that means they now know when my car is going to be built, VIN assigned, and how long the shipping will take. I'm hoping that is true and that VIN will be assigned 9/21
Well your guess and explanation is a lot more helpful than my SA not having any clue. This at least makes some sort of sense to me. Still, I'd drive to the plant to pick it up in person and I would change interior or paint no problem. Why don't they give that option instead of shipping my car to Oregon where it will end up being lit on fire by Antifa during a protest... I believe Arizona is removing the vehicle registration discounts for electric vehicles after the 1st of the year. Right now its like $150 to register a Tesla for 5 years and on my other cars I am paying like $800 per year so I better get it in December at the latest lol.

I know the feeling. I am dreading this weekend and the first half of next week. I have the car, but had to drop it off to get the ppf applied. I don't know if it will be done by Wednesday or Thursday. It could be a full week without the car lol. Also selling my current car on Monday so it will be a hectic time with lots of changes happening.

I just want my tesla back! But, I know it takes time for a professional to apply the ppf and would rather be patient rather than a botched and rushed job.
I had a really good experience with Carmax, took me less than an hour and a half from start to finish, and I ended up getting $1k more than Carvana and $500k more than Vroom. I had started the process with Vroom until they tried to tell me it would have been 2-3 weeks before they'd be able to schedule the pickup! Literally had the car sold with a bank draft in hand less than 2 hours later (including the drive over there!).

Reactions: usna92
Interesting. My order date was 9/5. My first EDD was 11/5 - 12/5, then November, then last Thursday switched to 10/12-11/1, this morning switched to 9/20-9/30. I guess the Tesla elves are smiling on me. No agreement or VIN yet.
We have similar dates. OD is 9/10, first EDD was 11/5-12/5, then on 9/14 it changed to 10/11-10/31. Hoping for another change to September like you!

UPDATE!
  • Order date: July 28
  • Initial EDD: November
  • (9 days later) August 6th EDD updated to Sept 7 - Sept 30
  • (12 days later) August 18th EDD updated to Sept 14 - Sept 30
  • (20 days later) September 6th - EDD updated to October 06 - November 05
  • (11 days later) - Today - September 17th - EDD updated to September 19 - September 29

Reactions: lifjoy
Well your guess and explanation is a lot more helpful than my SA not having any clue. This at least makes some sort of sense to me. Still, I'd drive to the plant to pick it up in person and I would change interior or paint no problem. Why don't they give that option instead of shipping my car to Oregon where it will end up being lit on fire by Antifa during a protest... I believe Arizona is removing the vehicle registration discounts for electric vehicles after the 1st of the year. Right now its like $150 to register a Tesla for 5 years and on my other cars I am paying like $800 per year so I better get it in December at the latest lol.
My 2017 Ram 2500 diesel was over 1000 the first year in california for a year. My 2012 f350 diesel is still nearly 800 a year. On top of 5 dollars a gallon for diesel because of like 2.50 in taxes per gallon.

I had a really good experience with Carmax, took me less than an hour and a half from start to finish, and I ended up getting $1k more than Carvana and $500k more than Vroom. I had started the process with Vroom until they tried to tell me it would have been 2-3 weeks before they'd be able to schedule the pickup! Literally had the car sold with a bank draft in hand less than 2 hours later (including the drive over there!).
I tried carmax, carvana, and local dealerships (and tesla trade in). Tesla's offer was lowest, then dealership, then carmax. Carvana was the highest offer and we purposefully scheduled the pick up after the Tesla arrived so we had a car while we are waiting for the ppf to get applied to the car.

I think all in all, Carvana beat carmax by like 2.8k or something which is significant when the car is only worth 18-20k to begin with. Only downside is I have to wait a few days after they pick up before I get the check deposited into my account and due to timing, I will have to make a car payment on it this month and then get the money back from the bank later. Slight annoyance, but it is what I have to get done.

I tried carmax, carvana, and local dealerships (and tesla trade in). Tesla's offer was lowest, then dealership, then carmax. Carvana was the highest offer and we purposefully scheduled the pick up after the Tesla arrived so we had a car while we are waiting for the ppf to get applied to the car.

I think all in all, Carvana beat carmax by like 2.8k or something which is significant when the car is only worth 18-20k to begin with. Only downside is I have to wait a few days after they pick up before I get the check deposited into my account and due to timing, I will have to make a car payment on it this month and then get the money back from the bank later. Slight annoyance, but it is what I have to get done.
In my experience carmax hands you a check right then and there... I don't see why carvana should be different

In my experience carmax hands you a check right then and there... I don't see why carvana should be different
We chose the different option. Carvana charges you a small fee to cut you a check then and there. I don't need the money that day so I opted for the slightly slower (and free) route of direct deposit. They calculated the amount based off of the 10 day pay off letter I got so I assume they just send the bank the pay off amount the same day, but just in case I am keeping insurance and paying on the car until I know for sure it is paid off and I am free of the car's burden.