Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from what i've read on different sites and forum. the closer you are to the factory you will get your car later compared to those people who are further away from the factory. i'm like 20 min from the fremont factory so i will probably get my car later then you s.cali people.
I think this is my case as well. I keep getting bumped back. My new EDD is 9/20 to 9/30. Without an vin. Today is my birthday btw. I ordered the car in July so I can have it for my birthday.

for the uber voucher did they offer that to you? or did you have to ask for it? because i currently don't have a car and i will also need to uber to tesla delivery location when/if my car is ready for pick up.
I asked for it. Told them I had no ride there because wife was working and delivery date was given such short notice. Honestly I could have driven there, left my car and then come back later that night and picked it up. The voucher saved me 90 miles and 2 hours driving.
The only thing is that the voucher expires 24 hours after they send it to you so make sure they don't send it to you until you're ready to pickup.

I had a really good experience with Carmax, took me less than an hour and a half from start to finish, and I ended up getting $1k more than Carvana and $500k more than Vroom. I had started the process with Vroom until they tried to tell me it would have been 2-3 weeks before they'd be able to schedule the pickup! Literally had the car sold with a bank draft in hand less than 2 hours later (including the drive over there!).
I got the best trade in value from a local dealer. Way over Carmax. Dealers are so desperate for trucks. They only marked it up $1,800 on their website. Took two hours.

Back to 10 days. The torture

Updating when it changes. Ordered 7/27 LR/White/White/19
8/4 EDD 9/6-9/26
8/7 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/11 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/13 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/16 EDD 9/14-9/30
8/17 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/18 EDD 9/15-9/30
8/19 EDD 9/14-9/30
9/12 EDD 9/13-9/25
9/14 EDD 9/15-9/25
9/16 EDD 9/17-9/30
9/17 EDD 9/18-9/30
9/19 EDD 9/20-9/30

Back to 10 days. The torture

Updating when it changes. Ordered 7/27 LR/White/White/19
8/4 EDD 9/6-9/26
8/7 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/11 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/13 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/16 EDD 9/14-9/30
8/17 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/18 EDD 9/15-9/30
8/19 EDD 9/14-9/30
9/12 EDD 9/13-9/25
9/14 EDD 9/15-9/25
9/16 EDD 9/17-9/30
9/17 EDD 9/18-9/30
9/19 EDD 9/20-9/30
I’m in the same boat as you.. except OD: 8/10
LR/White/Black/19s

did you happen to get the text to reply SEPTEMBER?

I’m curious about my pickup location. I’m in Richmond and have no idea where ill be picking up my car.

this is going to be an interesting week. Your edd should change tomorrow morning. The question is, what will it be? Lol
i don't know whats worse alot of edd changes or little edd changes. and when you ordered your tesla didn't you pick where your pickup location was? mine i put my hayward address and it said they can't deliver to my apt so pick a location for pickup and i chose fremont.

Yah pickup location is in Fremont. EDD is 9/20-930 right now. The changes are killing me but based off what I’ve read in this forum, since we’re closer to the factory we get less priority.
i ordered 3 days before you everything exactly the same except i chose the 18s. so i wonder if they are really going to have us pick up our car at the last week or next week. i would like to have my car soon as possible since i havent had a car for like a month now. this waiting game is really getting exhausting. i want to get my car already so i dont' have to keep checking my acct page on tesla every like 5 min or so..

Last edited:
i don't know whats worse alot of edd changes or little edd changes. and when you ordered your tesla didn't you pick where your pickup location was? mine i put my hayward address and it said they can't deliver to my apt so pick a location for pickup and i chose fremont.
No, i put my 100 dollar deposit down back in February. I was in Walnut Creek and just happened to walk in to the tesla showroom. I remember talking about it with my sa but can’t remember. getting in contact with my sa has been difficult lately

I’m curious about my pickup location. I’m in Richmond and have no idea where ill be picking up my car.

this is going to be an interesting week. Your edd should change tomorrow morning. The question is, what will it be? Lol
I’m in Walnut Creek and I’m picking mine up tomorrow in Vallejo instead of Dublin which was closer to me. Not sure how they decide where you pick up.

No, i put my 100 dollar deposit down back in February. I was in Walnut Creek and just happened to walk in to the tesla showroom. I remember talking about it with my sa but can’t remember. getting in contact with my sa has been difficult lately
yeah my SA dodged my last email when i got that SEPTEMEMBER text and i texted and they acted like they didn't recieve the text and said they will put my acct on hold. then they texted that sorry their mistake and your acct is not on hold. and i wanted to find out what was going on with the text messages and SA did not get back to me either. first 2 emails he got back to me but 3rd email silence.

i ordered 3 days before you everything exactly the same except i chose the 18s. so i wonder if they are really going to have us pick up our car at the last week or next week. i would like to have my car soon as possible since i havent had a car for like a month now. this waiting game is really getting exhausting. i want to get my car already so i dont' have to keep checking my acct page on tesla every like 5 min or so..
The amount of refreshes I’ve had on my account is ridiculous

I received the following text yesterday:

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 11.41.00 AM.jpg

It was followed by a phone call from the Tesla store rep who did the orientation last week. He said a car with the same configuration was immediately available. It was a showroom car with 65 miles on it. He asked if I wanted to take immediate delivery. I asked him if Tesla would give me a break on the price and/or supercharger credits. He said Tesla would only allow $110 off the price of the car. I declined considering I should get my car this week.