Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat as you.. except OD: 8/10
LR/White/Black/19s

did you happen to get the text to reply SEPTEMBER?
where is your pickup location? fremont? i ordered he same as you but 18s. still on 9/19-9/30
I have the same config: LR/white/black/19”. OD: 08/30. Pickup location: Fremont. My EDD changed a week later to 09/19-09/30 and hasnt changed since. I got the SEPTEMBER text and a reply as well. Fingers crossed for the week ahead!

I’m in Walnut Creek and I’m picking mine up tomorrow in Vallejo instead of Dublin which was closer to me. Not sure how they decide where you pick up.
Thanks for your input
yeah my SA dodged my last email when i got that SEPTEMEMBER text and i texted and they acted like they didn't recieve the text and said they will put my acct on hold. then they texted that sorry their mistake and your acct is not on hold. and i wanted to find out what was going on with the text messages and SA did not get back to me either. first 2 emails he got back to me but 3rd email silence.
Little frustrating huh? We really are in the same boat lol

Anyone with MSM (Midnight Silver) exterior color have a VIN or scheduled September delivery date?

I ordered MSM and my EDD is still 9/19-9/30. I wonder if the factory has not yet started producing the MSM color for this quarter.

Anyone with MSM (Midnight Silver) exterior color have a VIN or scheduled September delivery date?

I ordered MSM and my EDD is still 9/19-9/30. I wonder if the factory has not yet started producing the MSM color for this quarter.
Mine is a performance, but its an MSM/black build. On the performance side, it seems the MSMs are taking longer. From what I see in my area (orange county CA, tesla capitol of the world lol) MSM is absolutely the least common color I see, not sure why, I love it. But it would make sense if it isn't popular that Tesla does longer runs of white and black to fill more orders

Reactions: lifjoy
Back to 10 days. The torture

Updating when it changes. Ordered 7/27 LR/White/White/19
8/4 EDD 9/6-9/26
8/7 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/11 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/13 EDD 9/8-9/28
8/16 EDD 9/14-9/30
8/17 EDD 9/7-9/27
8/18 EDD 9/15-9/30
8/19 EDD 9/14-9/30
9/12 EDD 9/13-9/25
9/14 EDD 9/15-9/25
9/16 EDD 9/17-9/30
9/17 EDD 9/18-9/30
9/19 EDD 9/20-9/30
Same EDD For me only mine is blue/white/19. My order date was 7/16. I think I think the white interiors and 19 combo takes longer. I didn't get a September text.

Hi all, new to the forum. I ordered my LR AWD M3 in MSM, black interior, 18” wheels on 7/28. Still waiting for a VIN here in Northern Virginia. Current ETA is 10/19-11/18, but it has bounced around from mid-September to early December since I ordered. The wa-ai-ting is the hardest part!

This is my second M3 (2018 is totaled), and here is what I have on the way from Tesla:
- Homelink (was included in my 2018 M3)
- Console trays from Tesla (were also included in my 2018 M3: seems like a cheap move on Tesla's part to stop including them)
- All weather floor mats. I just used the stock carpet mats in my 2018 and they were looking a bit dog-eared after 3 years, so i got these for the salty months.

Moving from my 2018 to the 2021:
- Frunk and trunk liner mats (purchased from Tesla): definitely very useful, plastic will contain any liquid spills.
- Tesla tire pump/goop dispenser: a bit over-priced for what it does, but handy for topping up tires.
- Nema 14-50 Adapter for mobile connector: Was included in 2018, I have never used it but who knows if it will ever come in handy?
- Modern Spare: I do road trips in rural areas of the Northeast/mid-atlantic and read about spotty Tesla road-side assistance outside of metro areas. Plus, who wants to wait for a truck and a flat-bed tow? Thankfully, never used yet. Biggest down-side is the amount of room it takes in the trunk, but I leave it behind when necessary. 2017-2021 Tesla Model 3 Spare Tire Kit Options
- Tire patch kit: For truly desperate times on the road with multiple flats or when modern spare left behind. Never used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0777P76YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- For rim rash: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HE66OK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Pucks for jacking: Also never used and I have been told that they are not necessary with a Model 3 when using flat lifts because the jack points protrude a bit. But I have them, so I kept them.
- Dog seat cover from evannex. I also had cut a yoga mat to fit the seat and install below the seat cover to give added protection to the vegan leather seat from my 80-lb dog's claws.
- Tesla roof sunshades: I go to all-day trials with my dog where we spend hours in the car waiting for our turn to compete. These help to keep the car cool when sitting in direct sunlight .

Abandoned in my 2018:
- Nomad wireless phone charger, now standard
- powered USB hub: I had installed it to power the Nomad pad, and it was more trouble than it was worth to take the trim apart and remove it since I don't need it
- Stealth hitch: Installing this involved replacing some parts that I did not have access to, plus it took me several hours to install it and would probably take the same if I tried to un-install it. So I made the painful decision to leave it behind and eventually I'll get another for my 2021: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Tesla/Model+3/2018/391TES317.html?VehicleID=20185000838 I use this with a bike rack and a rear cargo carrier.
- Tesla paint touch-up: My 2018 was the now-discontinued metallic silver, and I will eventually get the blue kit after I take delivery.
I am collecting a bunch of boxes in Tesla anticipation.
Right now:
Center Console Trays (Amazon Specials)
Spigen Matte Screen Protector
Tesla OEM All Weather Mats (Frunk received others in route)
Aero Wheel Caps
Tesla OEM Mud Flaps
Air Intake Grill Cover
Tesla Wall Charger 3
Samsung T7 drive for TeslaCam and Music
Armrest Storage Box

Considering:
Homelink Kit (Waiting on VIN and Delivery)
Tesla Tire Kit (Plan on doing a trip to CA in the future)
Tesla Paint Touch Up
Need a hub, etc. but the reviews are generally poor on many of them. Haven't found one I am happy with.

I’m curious what your experience is going to be like. It’s the end of Tesla’s quarter and I’m curious about imperfections. Would you let us know how the car comes out?
So they actually called me today to offer home delivery so it will be delivered today but unfortunately I don’t get off work until tomorrow morning so the wife is going to take delivery. I’ll keep you posted on how it is when I get home tomorrow though!

Order date 8/16 with a November EDD. The next day it changed to Sept 15-30 and stayed there until Sept 16th then it changed to December. I was so mad I almost cancelled my order.
Two days later I had a VIN and delivery date less than a week out. Thanks for the roller coaster Tesla and definitely pay zero attention to your EDD! Wow...see you on the other side.
Did you order 7/16 or 8/16? You’ve posted both dates. Also, what did you order?

I have the Midnight Silver. Placed my order 8/5 and my delivery is tomorrow 9/20 5:00pm. Denver Colorado.

Attachments

• 3E277139-7FF4-4455-A130-C1103D015035.png
    3E277139-7FF4-4455-A130-C1103D015035.png
    629.8 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: lifjoy
So, delivery day success! So, for the day, here's how it went down. Got an email at 10:59am saying my car was ready for pickup (didn't have to wait until my scheduled time of 3pm). Also at this point, the Tesla app was all sorts of changed, and I could see the current charge (251 miles), and I could turn on climate control and cool her down. Which I did, and kept her at 78 until I got there to pick her up. Had to wait for a ride, so didn't get there until 3:15pm.

With my 9 year old son with me, we found the car almost immediately, I mean, the app literally showed exactly where in the parking lot it was even surrounded by a sea of other cars being picked up. It took a long frustrating 2-3 minutes before the accept delivery thing went through, and then I was able to unlock, hop into a nice cool car, and start setting it up! Everything looked great, I'm sure I could be a little nitpicky about something here and there but honestly I couldn't find anything to worry about. Took me about 10-15 mins to set up everything and go through all of the settings and get everything how I wanted.

Didn't even put it in drive for the first time until I purchased the Acceleration Boost, I had already budgeted for it ($2150 incl tax). Then, well, away we go with GLaDOS... And I tell you what, there is no sweeter sound to a father's ears than to hear a full on uncontrollable nervous but giddy belly laugh from your child because of the absolutely insane rocketship acceleration this thing has. I mean it, maybe I should have tried her out before the performance boost, but I'm glad I didn't. Now I won't question it, but I'll enjoy the heart stopping power and absolute zero wheel slip. I mean, it's like it has launch control enabled all the time. I guess it does!

So, this has been my journey, I wish you all the best on yours, and I can promise you, it is a car unlike any other and you will enjoy it! I know I already am, and I've only had her for a few hours.

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 57