Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY got my delivery text this afternoon! Scheduled for next Monday at 4:30. Going to be a long weekend.

That said, has anyone else had problems with them incorreclty calculating the tax on your car? In PA, you only pay tax on the difference of your trade in. So my car costs $52k and my trade is $15,100. So I should only be paying tax on $37k, whcih is a difference of about $1000 in tax that they are showing on my account. I called and they said they'd look into it. I just want to get my cashiers check in order, but its affecting my amount due for delivery.

FINALLY got my delivery text this afternoon! Scheduled for next Monday at 4:30. Going to be a long weekend.

That said, has anyone else had problems with them incorreclty calculating the tax on your car? In PA, you only pay tax on the difference of your trade in. So my car costs $52k and my trade is $15,100. So I should only be paying tax on $37k, whcih is a difference of about $1000 in tax that they are showing on my account. I called and they said they'd look into it. I just want to get my cashiers check in order, but its affecting my amount due for delivery.
Congrats... you are correct about what the tax calculation should be. I don't have a trade-in, so I can't compare, but I would just get the cashier's check for the amount with the right tax amount. Tesla has been selling in PA for many years, and they should know the rules by now. I think someone just screwed up: https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BMV/BMV Fact Sheets/fs-buysell.pdf

Reactions: Azo9987
Congrats... you are correct about what the tax calculation should be. I don't have a trade-in, so I can't compare, but I would just get the cashier's check for the amount with the right tax amount. Tesla has been selling in PA for many years, and they should know the rules by now. I think someone just screwed up: https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BMV/BMV Fact Sheets/fs-buysell.pdf

Yeah I just don't wanna get there on Monday and them not let me take delivery or something stupid over their own mistake. They're showing $3146.40 in tax, while it should be $2240.40

I had a TAX calculating issue with my Plaid.

I bought the car in MD but I'm from WA. They initially did a mistake for about $1700 and I have noticed that only at delivery time. They did fix numbers on MVPA but took a check from my bank for the initial amount and told me they will send me the difference by check, in 6 weeks. I'm on week 7 after delivery still did not hear from them :D

Elon must be trying to make me crazy!

Ordered 9/5 --> Nov 5 - Dec 5 --> November --> Oct 15 - Nov 1 --> Sep 20 - Sep 30 --> Oct 10 - Oct 30 --> Sep 24 - Sep 30 (current)

I should start a pool! :)
What are your specs?

I have ordered 9/3 LR black/white/19" and was showed 11/9-12/9, not it is 12/9-1/6 :( Seems like the white interior is a problem for tesla. I had the same issue with my plaid order and ended up taking delivery black/black (((

I had a TAX calculating issue with my Plaid.

I bought the car in MD but I'm from WA. They initially did a mistake for about $1700 and I have noticed that only at delivery time. They did fix numbers on MVPA but took a check from my bank for the initial amount and told me they will send me the difference by check, in 6 weeks. I'm on week 7 after delivery still did not hear from them :D
Yeah screw that. I'm going to hound them until they fix it. I'm not losing $1000 for nothing.

Yeah I just don't wanna get there on Monday and them not let me take delivery or something stupid over their own mistake. They're showing $3146.40 in tax, while it should be $2240.40
I'll bet they would take a personal check for $900 if push came to shove and you had a cashier's check for the $30K+. But I agree that they should have plenty of time to fix it before Monday.

Nothing here. My account page still shows 9/22-9/30, this is the 3rd time the beginning date got pushed back so I'm hoping no movement means something. Might be blind optimism though. I'm near Sacramento OD: 8/11, Blue/Black.
No VIN here in Oregon either. Same 9/22-9/30 EDD. I've also had the September start date pushed back 3 times. OD 8/20. MSM/Black. My SA says his system predicts my VIN will arrive on 9/23.

Got my car Sept 17. Ordered June 23 with FSD. MY trade in' s catalytic converter was stolen so I had no trade in. Explained all to my Tesla person and said I couldn't afford the FSD and to please remove it. They did and changed my order date to Sept 1. Got a text on 9/16 saying to pick up car. No vin given. Tried to respond but no reply. Picked up car 9/17. No paperwork, no intro to touchscreen. No help pairing phone or phone key. Is this normal procedure?