Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3P just popped for existing inventory....so tempted....
I tried to grab one, but they said I needed to pay a new order fee and would lose my other one. But was told it’s okay because it goes towards the car, lmfao. Then I had to explain to the guy that when you add something up top and subtract it below doesn’t mean what you think, if you increased the price by the amount subtracted below its a fee and not a deposit. Then he tried to tell me I was wrong, I told him I do numbers for a living and I know what I’m talking about. He said I was wrong I told him if I was I’ll gladly pay it but if I was correct just match me to the car so I won’t pay it… it almost worked he came back said I was correct but they wouldn’t let me just “match” me to the car!

I tried to grab one, but they said I needed to pay a new order fee and would lose my other one. But was told it’s okay because it goes towards the car, lmfao. Then I had to explain to the guy that when you add something up top and subtract it below doesn’t mean what you think, if you increased the price by the amount subtracted below its a fee and not a deposit. Then he tried to tell me I was wrong, I told him I do numbers for a living and I know what I’m talking about. He said I was wrong I told him if I was I’ll gladly pay it but if I was correct just match me to the car so I won’t pay it… it almost worked he came back said I was correct but they wouldn’t let me just “match” me to the car!
Weird. I had plaid on order and then matched with different plaid just to avoid a long waiting time. They never charged me extra. Try to call your local showroom and tell them there is a car you want to get matched, they should be able to do it with no other questions.

Reactions: commuterm3
okay so right now i went to the account page and instead of the usual edd page i got to a page with a proceed with delivery button. after clicking on proceed with delivery button i see my vin number and below that i see the same edd as 9/22-9/30. so i guess i'm getting closer?

Nice to see some NorCal VINs getting issued, here's hoping there's some love in the Sacramento area soon!

Reactions: mickey05
Hi all, I ordered a M3 LR white exterior, black interior, 18" wheels no FSD. Ordered 9/7, original EDD was November, then on 9/8 EDD Oct 12- Nov 1. On 9/18 EDD moved up to 9/26-9/30. Still no VIN. I saw some people in NorCal have gotten Vins for this delivery window. Anyone in SoCal have a vin yet?

okay so right now i went to the account page and instead of the usual edd page i got to a page with a proceed with delivery button. after clicking on proceed with delivery button i see my vin number and below that i see the same edd as 9/22-9/30. so i guess i'm getting closer?
My guess is you will get a delivery request tomorrow and see your EDD shrink to a 4-6 day range.

Reactions: mickey05
what is a vision agreement? i just got a button that said proceed with deliery button then on the account page just saw a vin. didn't see any vision agreement or anything. Am i missing something here?

It is just the page before you get to the account page that says the new model only has Tesla Vision cameras and no radar for autopilot/FSD. Nothing separate to agree to beyond clicking proceed, so you're good. Congrats on the VIN!

Mine with everything default was $163... But AAA including policy bundle discount wanted $270 !!!! Wow!!!

I just compared Tesla insurance to my current Geico coverage (have 4 cars with them - 2 are classics) and they were pretty close. $118/mo for Tesla and $121/mo for Geico. I was surprised because most people seem to have a much lower price for Tesla insurance than their existing company, but when I matched coverages between the 2, the difference was minimal.