Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! Just joined this group and I'm excited to announce that I ordered A red M3 LR on 10/3!! I obviously am ridiculously excited and anxious at the same time. I live in Orlando FL, and i'm very curious about everyone's experience on their delivery wait time from time of ordering to actual pick up. After I ordered and filled out proof of insurance, account set up, etc., It stated an "Estimated delivery date" between Oct. 19th - Nov. 5th. This seems relatively quick compared to some of the experiences i've heard others talk about. My agent didn't give me any specific ETA's on delivery, he said "It could be a couple weeks, or a few months..", obviously that is frustrating to hear, but I get that agent's can't really provide an accurate estimate. Anyway, I just wanted to know how close other's experiences with delivery came with the initial "estimated delivery time" you receive after ordering. Was that initial estimated time accurate, or did it change frequently and get pushed back?

Thank you, and kind regards!
Congrats!

Greetings all:

This is my first post to this group. I live near Olympia in Washington state.

I ordered my M3 LR AWD /blue/white interior /aero on 9/13 & EDD intervals have bounced around quite a bit:
10/13 to 11/02
9/20 to 9/30
10/13 to 11/02
10/29 to 11/18

and lastly (& presently current)
10/12 to 11/01

No VIN or contact from Tesla as yet. Curious as to whether I will receive a 2021 or 2022 model or whether it is even material. Really looking forward to obtaining this car! Halfway (or more) expecting another delay, but who knows? At least I have had time to purchase some accessories.

Have enjoyed reading about peoples' experiences & joy upon being united with their new vehicles. Good luck to all!

Greetings all:

This is my first post to this group. I live near Olympia in Washington state.

I ordered my M3 LR AWD /blue/white interior /aero on 9/13 & EDD intervals have bounced around quite a bit:
10/13 to 11/02
9/20 to 9/30
10/13 to 11/02
10/29 to 11/18

and lastly (& presently current)
10/12 to 11/01

No VIN or contact from Tesla as yet. Curious as to whether I will receive a 2021 or 2022 model or whether it is even material. Really looking forward to obtaining this car! Halfway (or more) expecting another delay, but who knows? At least I have had time to purchase some accessories.

Have enjoyed reading about peoples' experiences & joy upon being united with their new vehicles. Good luck to all!
This just goes to show how much an affect one’s region seems to have. I ordered the identical configuration four days before you, but I’ve been stuck at 10/21 to 11/10 since the day you ordered. I’m in southern Ontario, just an hour across the Niagara Falls border.

Good luck, and nice taste in cars you have there!

So I just modified my M3 LR AWD order from black seats to white! Finally talked my wife into it. I hope it doesn't create a significant delay in my delivery time. My original order was 10 days ago so maybe it won't make much difference.
Did that change the base price for your car on order? Just wondering after the announced price changes. I know LR was not supposed to change....

This just goes to show how much an affect one’s region seems to have. I ordered the identical configuration four days before you, but I’ve been stuck at 10/21 to 11/10 since the day you ordered. I’m in southern Ontario, just an hour across the Niagara Falls border.

Good luck, and nice taste in cars you have there!
Until we receive our VINs it’s probably best not to place much confidence in our EDDs. Nevertheless, when one is possibly within a week of delivery, one cannot stop the excitement level as well as the blood pressure from rising a bit.

We can certainly agree we both have excellent tastes in cars. May you receive your vehicle sooner rather than later…

My wife has determined that the EDD "Estimate" is Elon's joke on us all. The artificial intelligence that runs Tesla is using the EDD guess to fuel some sort of over/under lottery for other computers and doesn't actually relate to car deliveries, but extra power for the winners...

Reactions: BnGrm