Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo, I just had a Tesla sales advisor email to say I should expect delivery next week (which is the EDD listed in my account). My account page still doesn’t show a VIN, but the VIN is present using “View Page Source”, and when I called Tesla week.

If this all goes according to plan, then it’ll be pretty close to 60 days from order to delivery.
Congrats! May everything proceed smoothly...

Reactions: BnGrm
Congrats! May everything proceed smoothly...
Woohoo, I just had a Tesla sales advisor email to say I should expect delivery next week (which is the EDD listed in my account). My account page still doesn’t show a VIN, but the VIN is present using “View Page Source”, and when I called Tesla week.

If this all goes according to plan, then it’ll be pretty close to 60 days from order to delivery.
So what number did you call at Tesla to get your information?

Reactions: Paul4343
Current state of the EV Tax Credit if it passes Congress:

- Tesla cars sold after May 24, 2021 would be eligible for a $7,500 credit

- Tesla cars sold starting on January 1, 2022 would be eligible for an $8,000 or $10,000 credit

My current EDD window is Nov 23 - Dec 21. Wondering if I should delay delivery to 2022. Anyone else in the same boat and who has the same thoughts?
In the same boat. I ordered LR/blue/ white interior/ aero /no FSD on 9/13. My current EDD window is 11/5 - 12/03. Am sorely tempted to delay delivery until 2022, but not sure what happens to my place in the queue.

I didn't realize EV Tax Credit would include any Tesla cars sold after May 24, 2021. $10K tax credit would be great!

In the same boat. I ordered LR/blue/ white interior/ aero /no FSD on 9/13. My current EDD window is 11/5 - 12/03. Am sorely tempted to delay delivery until 2022, but not sure what happens to my place in the queue.

I didn't realize EV Tax Credit would include any Tesla cars sold after May 24, 2021. $10K tax credit would be great!
Hey good taste same exact config here lol. In my case, the last time I bought I would've been bumped to the back of the queue. I think they're going to push to get as many deliveries in 2021, like they did last year to pump their numbers, then have very few model 3 deliveries in the beginning of the year while they switch production to s and x. Could just be talking out of my ass though.

Reactions: Paul4343
Hey good taste same exact config here lol. In my case, the last time I bought I would've been bumped to the back of the queue. I think they're going to push to get as many deliveries in 2021, like they did last year to pump their numbers, then have very few model 3 deliveries in the beginning of the year while they switch production to s and x. Could just be talking out of my ass though.
Agree. We both have excellent taste! What was your order date and your current EDD?

I just placed an order yesterday 10/24:

M3LR
White/Black
19" Sport
no FSD

I'm out of the country and don't want to take delivery until June 2022.
I placed the order now because I'm concerned the M3LR may get a price hike when the EV tax credit passes.

In a similar MY thread, a member simply ignored the reminders to complete pre-delivery tasks (address, registration, payment info) and successfully did this for 6 months from April 2021 until now. An SA only called once in July to ask about the order but didn't pressure him. The SA said he'd get a notice before the order is cancelled.

Has anyone tried this with a M3LR order lately?

Since M3LR demand isn't as high as SR+ or MY, and current EDD for new orders of M3LR is December, I'm concerned I'll get pressured to complete the pre-delivery tasks sooner. And if I try to do a formal hold, others have said that current holds are 90 days, not 6-8 months. But maybe LR demand will increase soon due to (1) the multiple price hikes for SR+, and (2) the EV credit making LR more affordable, so I'm hoping I'll fly under the radar.

I think I already know the answer, but if I haven’t been assigned a VIN (at least in the app), will changing the color completely reset my queue?

I went with the standard white since I’m in a hot environment, but I think I really like the MSM.