Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right - both the 3P and 3LR are great cars... I thought I would drive the 3LR for 400,000 miles, but can't pass up this deal. I have enjoyed driving the 3 these past 12 months and wouldn't want to own another car.

Trying to talk my wife into an X but she is set on wanting an E-tron
My wife is now saying we should just go for the 3P, ha. I'm going to sleep on it. I also figured we'd drive our 3LR forever and then pass it on to our kids even. Yeah can't pass up these deals.

We have a deposit on a Rivian R1T to replace our 4Runner, but with Rivians order log and production rate that will be 18 months at best. E-Tron is I'm sure quite nice inside but I remember the Range not being amazing.

Like the other person said, there’s a risk it won’t be retroactive. Why wouldn’t I wait 30 days to possibly save thousands lol?
Makes sense to me too! I can wait a month or two to save thousands. Unfortunately, nothing is guaranteed at this point. The bill could totally crash & burn - though I doubt the Dems will let that happen. The only question is whether any modifications required to pass the bill mitigate the current proposed monetary incentives in place to purchase EVs.

Finally snagged existing inventory. Same as my ordered spec, plus sport wheels. Got them to remove FSD.

But the advisor said the $250 deposit couldn’t be transferred after the fact (didn’t want to risk someone else snatching it). Anyone have any luck getting them to do it? All in all $250 doesn’t matter, but it’d be nice.

Now to figure if it’s worth flying to MN and picking it up, or just wait for delivery.
Is there a secret to snagging in the existing inventory or are you just refreshing the “new inventory” filter constantly?

Central NJ
Order Date: 9/3
M3LR White/Black
19" Sport Wheels
EDD: 10/30 - 11/19

EDD hasn't shifted since Sept 15th or so... anyone else obsessively check for a VIN multiple times a day? A few days out from entering the EDD range and I'm starting to go crazy with anticipation...
EDD now shifted to 11/10 - 11/23... It's like they knew I posted here yesterday and decided to push me back further lol

Reactions: Paul4343
10/29-11/28 EDD unchanged since 9/3 OD, no VIN no communication. I did get approved for Tesla financing on 10/1ish so hopefully it arrives within my EDD window.

My daily prayer: "Don't harass tesla until you're in the EDD window, don't harass tesla until you're in the EDD window, don't..."

Wow that sucks but hopefully you get yours next month! Are u going to pick them up? Just curious if you ever received an email from Tesla about “Tesla Delivery FAQ”? It prob means nothing, but this is from a regular person at Tesla not automated..
Yea - pick up at the dealer was the only option in my area, which is fine because I'm considering trading my current car to Tesla anyway (unless I get a better deal elsewhere). I received the "Delivery FAQ" email on 10/13, which got me really excited that I may have been moved up the queue, but I guess not...