Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same del window, same location and nearly same car! M3LR, blue/black, aero, DTLA

OD 09/11 (changed from lease to loan 09/15). My window has been pushed back 3 times on day 2 of the latest window, which would mean… mine would also be pushed back tomorrow. Hoping the cycle breaks tomorrow.

Just to update - mine got pushed today to 11/3 - 12/1. Hope you have better luck than me!

I am holding on to hope that I will love this car so much that I will forget the frustration of the ordering process. I ordered 7/4. MSM, Aero, Black, No FSD and my EDD has been 11/8 - 12/6 for a couple of weeks. I have NO doubt that it will get pushed out again. I have called Tesla a couple of times asking if I could change the color, or pick up somewhere other than Savannah to get something quicker and have been told that there is no guarantee that would move me up in the queue. Is there anyone else that has been waiting this long?

I am holding on to hope that I will love this car so much that I will forget the frustration of the ordering process. I ordered 7/4. MSM, Aero, Black, No FSD and my EDD has been 11/8 - 12/6 for a couple of weeks. I have NO doubt that it will get pushed out again. I have called Tesla a couple of times asking if I could change the color, or pick up somewhere other than Savannah to get something quicker and have been told that there is no guarantee that would move me up in the queue. Is there anyone else that has been waiting this long?
Wow. Sorry. I would not have your patience. Something seems wrong. I would be a squeaky wheel here and make some noise.

Wondering if the Aero wheels are creating a bottleneck. For SR+, the current delivery estimate with Aero is September whereas with the 19" Sport wheels, it is June. The expected delivery does not change for LR with different wheels but still, could be same bottleneck as well, any thoughts?

Ordered: 10/27/21
Estimated Delivery: 12/7 - 12/31/21
Specs: 18" aero; midnight silver/black interior.

Note: I plan on switching tires/wheels to 19" and likely selling 18's so looking for any suggestions. I like the look of the compatible OHM wheel so far but need to research more into it.

So, I'm in Orlando, anxiously waiting for my M3LR in red, and tend to check the exisiting inventory daily. As of right now. the "new" inventory for model 3's are loaded with standard range plus..any color you can think of. I find this super odd that today, all of a sudden they're stocked with these. This is the case for Florida..I find this odd, curious to see what you guys think, and what may be going on in a different area.

So, I'm in Orlando, anxiously waiting for my M3LR in red, and tend to check the exisiting inventory daily. As of right now. the "new" inventory for model 3's are loaded with standard range plus..any color you can think of. I find this super odd that today, all of a sudden they're stocked with these. This is the case for Florida..I find this odd, curious to see what you guys think, and what may be going on in a different area.
In the North VA/DC Area there are a ton of SR+s in any color as well. I've been seeing a lot of people with SR+ orders get their EDD pushed back though, super weird in my opinion. One thing I noticed is that they all have 19 inch wheels here, none of them have aero.

Interesting.. Nashville is all of the sudden showing a few new SR+ in inventory. None with Aero wheels though.

Fingers crossed for you getting it "pretty quickly". Mine got bumped from 11/10-12/10 to 12/5-12/31; OD of 9/26 same specs except red paint. Indy delivery as well.
Thanks! Maybe yours will update again back to a closer date range...Seems that's happened with some folks.

In the North VA/DC Area there are a ton of SR+s in any color as well. I've been seeing a lot of people with SR+ orders get their EDD pushed back though, super weird in my opinion. One thing I noticed is that they all have 19 inch wheels here, none of them have aero.
Interesting...Same thing in GA and IN. Looks like they all have FSD as well.

Interesting...Same thing in GA and IN. Looks like they all have FSD as well.
As best I can tell, Tesla lists every inventory car as having FSD enabled. Since it's just a software switch their salespeople can disable it when they assign it to your order, and you won't have to pay for it.

Source: I did this. When I called my local sales center to have an inventory car assigned to me order, I simply told them to disable FSD on it, and they did. The FSD cost never even showed up on my order page that I saw.

Edit: I should note, I spotted my inventory car just a few days after placing my order. So prices increases weren't applicable. I've read cases here of Tesla salespeople insisting that assigning an inventory car, or disabling FSD on it, will reset your pricing if there have been price increases since your order. That is super sleazy to me - they should prioritize filling your already-placed order! I've also read cases of people getting price-increased inventory cars assigned while keeping their original pricing. (Or at least original base pricing, e.g. if the inventory car has extra real options you'll have to pay for them of course.)

Last edited:
Boy the direct line to Tesla sure is helpful.

I call the local Tesla sales number, which gets redirected to the national line. After being on hold for 20 mins the lady who picks up says she can't access delivery estimate info and I should contact the advisor who helped with order. She promptly hangs up before I could tell her that no advisor contacted me when I placed my order...

Reactions: Paul4343