Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something to keep in mind is dems were actually pushing to make it a point of sale discount, not necessarily just a tax credit this time.

Different (House/ Senate) versions of the tax bill are floating about at present. In at least one version the EV tax credit is actually refundable in which case presumably the credit could be used to lower the price of the EV at point of sale. See the following link:

In particular see item 4: under

Twelve Point Summary of Potential EV Tax Credits (as of Oct 1, 2021):

Of course, there's no guarantee that any EV tax credit will actually pass through congress. But in the event it does, it may make sense to wait until 2022 to complete the sale. I intend to forestall actual purchase until January. My EDD is currently 11/05 to 12/03 so it seems to me that I might as well wait a bit longer & see whether I can possibly save thousands if some version of the law actually does manage to pass & become law.

Ahh. Very interesting, thank you both for the clarification.

I am on the fence because of the EV tax credit. I am leaning now to take delivery in January.
just be aware that the prices will continue to rise as the "tax credit" becomes available. That is why you are seeing current price increases (in part). Yes, I know some of it is supply/demand/inventory depletion/etc. but make no mistake, Tesla was underpriced due to no tax credits before. That will change now.

just be aware that the prices will continue to rise as the "tax credit" becomes available. That is why you are seeing current price increases (in part). Yes, I know some of it is supply/demand/inventory depletion/etc. but make no mistake, Tesla was underpriced due to no tax credits before. That will change now.
this makes me feel better. personally, I felt lucky that I ordered prior to the increase. MSRP will likely be going through the roof once the base $7500 will become available at time of purchase.

Reactions: Y@Trox
Wondering if the Aero wheels are creating a bottleneck. For SR+, the current delivery estimate with Aero is September whereas with the 19" Sport wheels, it is June. The expected delivery does not change for LR with different wheels but still, could be same bottleneck as well, any thoughts?
I ordered black/black Aero on 9/7 and have VIN and delivery next week. It would have been this week but Tesla screwed up and cost a few days

This is most likely true, I am pretty sure prices will go up. That is why I will keep my order active but instead of taking delivery in December, I plan to ask if I can take the delivery in January. As far as I know there will be no price increase if your order is already in.

This is most likely true, I am pretty sure prices will go up. That is why I will keep my order active but instead of taking delivery in December, I plan to ask if I can take the delivery in January. As far as I know there will be no price increase if your order is already in.
Last year (and it could be different now), if you had a VIN assigned and a delivery date assigned to you, you had three days to pick the car up or else you went back into the "queue". Tesla has a history of making things effective after a certain date... so in theory, after xx/xx/xxxx all inventory vehicles are now the new higher price. So you could take an inventory vehicle, but still pay the higher price. For me, it isn't worth the nickels and dimes. Buy the car, enjoy the ride. this is NOT like any other vehicle, vehicle purchase, vehicle experience!

Last year (and it could be different now), if you had a VIN assigned and a delivery date assigned to you, you had three days to pick the car up or else you went back into the "queue". Tesla has a history of making things effective after a certain date... so in theory, after xx/xx/xxxx all inventory vehicles are now the new higher price. So you could take an inventory vehicle, but still pay the higher price. For me, it isn't worth the nickels and dimes. Buy the car, enjoy the ride. this is NOT like any other vehicle, vehicle purchase, vehicle experience!
If that's the case, then I misunderstood. I saw one comment that you had like 90 days or otherwise you will be subject to new pricing but I might be wrong.

If that's the case, then I misunderstood. I saw one comment that you had like 90 days or otherwise you will be subject to new pricing but I might be wrong.
Again, it could have changed since last year, but that was not the case in 2020. It was crazy back then though, trying to get all deliveries in the final days of the year so Tesla could hit its goal. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I would just enjoy the car today. I heard rumors there is a chance that many Teslas won't even get a credit due to their price. There is so much that has to work out from the government side of things, and I don't trust them at all!

I firmly believe that all automotive logic is out the window when thinking about Tesla. They are not a car company and you won't experience anything like this with the big 3 or other manufacturers. Exciting times that we are living in!!!

Reactions: Fleg
Again, it could have changed since last year, but that was not the case in 2020. It was crazy back then though, trying to get all deliveries in the final days of the year so Tesla could hit its goal. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I would just enjoy the car today. I heard rumors there is a chance that many Teslas won't even get a credit due to their price. There is so much that has to work out from the government side of things, and I don't trust them at all!

I firmly believe that all automotive logic is out the window when thinking about Tesla. They are not a car company and you won't experience anything like this with the big 3 or other manufacturers. Exciting times that we are living in!!!
Yeah I have in writing from my SA that I can defer delivery for 90 days with no impact to my order. He said if we wanted another extension past that is when we’d run into cancellation territory. But as with all things Tesla I think every SA is going to tell you something different haha.

Reactions: Paul4343