Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I have in writing from my SA that I can defer delivery for 90 days with no impact to my order. He said if we wanted another extension past that is when we’d run into cancellation territory. But as with all things Tesla I think every SA is going to tell you something different haha.
They tell you what you want to hear, but one thing is true with Tesla - if the corporate office makes a rule, they WILL stick to it. Do what you want, but I don't need any government money. I'll enjoy driving my Tesla in 2021. :).

Great info! Wish they mentioned a retroactive or start date. The wording makes me think it's when the bill passes and who knows how long that can take
So I took a look at the bill and what I saw was that it’s active for fiscal year 2022. If we’re going by the governments fiscal year that would be October 2021. If we’re going by our tax year that would be Jan 1 2022. So idk haha.

So I took a look at the bill and what I saw was that it’s active for fiscal year 2022. If we’re going by the governments fiscal year that would be October 2021. If we’re going by our tax year that would be Jan 1 2022. So idk haha.
Fiscal year is technically October -sept so I choose to believe that haha. Thanks for looking into it. Bills are way to legalize for me to understand

Finally snagged existing inventory
Now to figure if it’s worth flying to MN and picking it up, or just wait for delivery.

Did you end up getting it delivered from MN? If yes, was there an additional charge on top of the destination fee? I'm from FL too and my EED is stable on 11/02- 11/21 but I've seen many people here with this date pushed back.. I'm considering also getting something from existing inventory.

Does anybody know how to actually get in contact with Tesla? I'd like to see if I can delay my order (EDD 11/2-11/28) but I literally can't find any way to contact them short of filling out the "contact us" form with something largely unrelated. I never got an SA (sales advisor? I don't even know) and the support page just doesn't have any options at all (presumably intentional). I'm going to just call my nearest Tesla store in the morning but in the meantime, I thought I'd see if I'm just missing something obvious???

Does anybody know how to actually get in contact with Tesla? I'd like to see if I can delay my order (EDD 11/2-11/28) but I literally can't find any way to contact them short of filling out the "contact us" form with something largely unrelated. I never got an SA (sales advisor? I don't even know) and the support page just doesn't have any options at all (presumably intentional). I'm going to just call my nearest Tesla store in the morning but in the meantime, I thought I'd see if I'm just missing something obvious???
I called the local showroom and the guy who answered teh phone assigned himself my SA.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2 and Paul4343
OD: 9/29
Original EDD: 11/16 - 12/18
Updated EDD: 11/26 - 12/24
White, Black, 19”, No FSD

Tesla called me today after delaying my order to say that someone with my exact model declined delivery in my state. They said the car was in transit already and could show up within a week. They asked me if I wanted it.

Uhhhhhh that is not a question. Wrap it up. Give it to me.

Instantly I got a VIN assigned, and an EDD of 10/28 - 11/03

Just finished all my delivery paperwork. Extremely excited!

OD: 9/29
Original EDD: 11/16 - 12/18
Updated EDD: 11/26 - 12/24
White, Black, 19”, No FSD

Tesla called me today after delaying my order to say that someone with my exact model declined delivery in my state. They said the car was in transit already and could show up within a week. They asked me if I wanted it.

Uhhhhhh that is not a question. Wrap it up. Give it to me.

Instantly I got a VIN assigned, and an EDD of 10/28 - 11/03

Just finished all my delivery paperwork. Extremely excited!
Love that for you! Congrats 🙂

Reactions: Deadly Calm
Fiscal year is technically October -sept so I choose to believe that haha. Thanks for looking into it. Bills are way to legalize for me to understand
Apparently it’s now confirmed to start Jan 1? And some provisions have been updated so teslas would qualify for $8k off. I’m sure things will keep changing until the final vote.