Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put in an order for a LR (white on white, $51k price). Basically the same build as my current SR+ except it's LR. This is a hedge to see if I can upgrade cheaply (or even 0 out of pocket or even some back in my pocket) from my SR+ to a LR if the tax credit gets passed.
Worst case is I'm out $250, best case is I can swap my SR+ for a LR for minimal upgrade fee. FWIW, my SR+ with 7k miles is fetching offers for $45k+ currently from the online dealers.
Estimated delivery was December, but I plan to delay till next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4343
Reactions: cosmicllama
Just thought I would keep people updated on my EDD and other info.

Here’s an email from my SA I received this morning:

‘Good morning,

Looking at your order and delivery, as of today we are on track for a Mid-November delivery timeline. Production of the car should be done in a week or so according this estimate.

I would be on the lookout for a VIN assignment by the end of the week this week ( meaning production is complete). As well if the Production of the car is done sooner, we will let you know but as of now we are looking good for a that timeline as of today. Please let me know if you have any questions’
Did you get your VIN yet?

Yeah I have in writing from my SA that I can defer delivery for 90 days with no impact to my order. He said if we wanted another extension past that is when we’d run into cancellation territory. But as with all things Tesla I think every SA is going to tell you something different haha.
I've had my order in since early May 2021....and I immediately delayed to 10/1 and now I further delayed until 1/1/22 (all tax credit related)....just depends on your SA.

Reactions: montanaco
After years of waiting I finally ordered my LR White/White/No FSD last night. I absolutely want the tax credit, but I'm also trying to stay ahead of a possible price increase. My SA tells me I can delay the order and I will go "back in the queue"

I have two questions...

First, what exactly does " back in the queue" mean? Does this mean that I start over from the beginning or I get to receive the next batch of cars that arrive at my service center? (Nashville, I live in Bowling Green, KY)

Second question. How long after I have placed my order do I get an EDD?

TIA

After years of waiting I finally ordered my LR White/White/No FSD last night. I absolutely want the tax credit, but I'm also trying to stay ahead of a possible price increase. My SA tells me I can delay the order and I will go "back in the queue"

I have two questions...

First, what exactly does " back in the queue" mean? Does this mean that I start over from the beginning or I get to receive the next batch of cars that arrive at my service center? (Nashville, I live in Bowling Green, KY)

Second question. How long after I have placed my order do I get an EDD?

TIA
So this is what my SA sent over my way when I asked for specifics about deferring:
Once we attempt to deliver a car to you if you decline that’s when the 90 days would start. If you needed to decline again at that point we would have to work with the delivery team to see if we could push it out further. It is at this point that the order is liable to be cancelled.

For anyone wanting to defer until the tax credit (assuming it passes): I was able to put my order on hold until January by just calling my local Tesla store, it was very easy. It immediately showed up on my account and there’s a button to say I’m now ready. I had not gotten a VIN yet and my delivery window was Nov 2-28 I think (ordered 10/3).

I suck at phone calls though so I forgot to ask about what happens if the price goes up in the meantime…

The timing of this is just great (sarcasm) for me. My EDD begins 11/3. It's hard to not take the free money but the final bill will likely deviate from what we've seen. Desperately need a new car but could wait. I suppose prudence would require me to wait until there is more clarity on the final bill. I was so close to getting mine! argh.

On the plus side, given the current cost cap on sedans, I don't think Tesla will be raising the price of the LR anytime soon (going forward).

Anyone out there not waiting?

Last edited:
Just got pushed back again. It's funny that no one has ever contacted me about this order. I was in the local mall yesterday and went to the Tesla showroom and asked when I'll get the car? And I was told 2nd week of December and EDD has changed today :D

Looks like my EED window is narrowing, which is a good sign.

Now EED is 12/11-12/31

ordered on 9/3
M3LR black/white/19"

9/5: 11/8 - 12/8
9/20: 12/6 - 1/5
10/27: 11/20-12/18
10/29: 12/11-12/31

Last edited:
So far...
Order Date: 10/5/2021​
Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19" Sport Wheels​
Current EDD: 11/8 to 12/6​

Our SA (Ben from Mesa dealership - Very highly recommended!) just informed us that we are on track for a mid-November delivery. I was seriously considering holding off until Jan 2022; but he reminded me that vehicle registration fees here in AZ will increase substantially after December 2021, on the order of a few thousand dollars over the next 5 years, instead of less than $200 if we purchase this year. That, plus the favorable trade-in value we seem to have right now for our current car, seems to be enough to just take delivery ASAP and enjoy the car sooner!

Moving forward now... from counting down the weeks, to counting down the days..... :)👍

Reactions: geekxism
Thought this was interesting,

Previously on my order it was displaying,

"We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Message below EDD now,

"Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned."

This makes me think that certain parts (Aero wheels and paint) are limiting deliveries.

Reactions: geekxism