Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order Date: 10-23
m3lr - White w/ black interior
19" wheels
EDD: 12/13-12/31

I am excited and hoping for the best :)

Ordered my white/black 19” LR on 10/23.
EDD changed from 12/13-12/31 to 11/28-12/26. Thankful I live in Fremont :’)
Next update for me --

Got a text from a Tesla representative saying "Hey, this is ___ from Tesla. Are you still hoping to take delivery of a new tesla?" On my end, I'm nearly pooping myself in excitement. I explained how I have placed an order and am waiting for my VIN. He then says "Congratulations! Do you have the order number?" I send him over my order number and don't get a reply for a few hours. I then ask if there was an update on my profile and he quickly responds with "Great! We've got you here." A couple minutes later, another representative texts me saying "Hello! This is ____ from Tesla. I have not heard back from you regarding your test drive. I wanted to check in to see if you still were interested in test driving a model 3?" Followed by a text saying "It looks like your account is complete so we should take delivery for you before too long."

At this point, I am confused LOL. I went to test drive a LRM3 a few days after I placed my order and haven't heard from anyone since. Not mad, just found it super funny. I want my vin :p

Reactions: travis3000
Hold successfully processed! Hopefully I don't get one of those "respond in X days or else we will cancel your order" emails anytime soon.
3LR.png

My car has officially arrived at the Tesla store, so my Nov 5 pickup should have no issues. (Now that I've said that, they'll probably find a problem and delay it a few days).

It's been a long time since anyone in here was able to post a picture of a new car delivery, hopefully I can do it on Friday.

I’m finally picking mine up tomorrow. OD 9/7

Hold successfully processed! Hopefully I don't get one of those "respond in X days or else we will cancel your order" emails anytime soon.
View attachment 728584
Congratulations! I am attempting to accomplish the same feat. I emailed my SA earlier today to let him know I was interested in putting my car on hold until January 2022. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow or the next day...

Well here goes....keeping my SR+ ordered but went ahead and placed an order for a LR AWD hoping to take delivery within the next 60 days! Right now EDD just says "December" but I'm sure it'll update to a date range soon. I could use all the positive vibes you folks can throw out into the universe!
did the same thing. my SR+ EDDs have jumped around like 4 times. My LR's EDD is holding steady at 12/16-31. I hope I didn't jinx it though. lol!

Seems the 2021 purchase will also qualify the tax credit if it passes, any reason to hold the delivery until 2022? Do I miss anything?

Tesla cars bought after May 24, 2021 would be retroactively eligible for a $7,500 tax credit on 2021 tax returns.
Tesla cars bought after December 31, 2021 would be eligible for: In the House version, an $8,000 tax credit (excluding the Model S and X), but in the Senate version, a $10,000 tax credit (excluding the Model S and X) on 2022 tax returns.

Reactions: Daisho
Speaking of VINs, does anyone know the method of contact when your vin is in fact ready? A generic email? Text? Call? Just want to make sure mine doesn’t go to spam.
They don’t tell you when you get a VIN. But you will get a text message when you’re able to book your delivery/pickup. That day or the next day you should be able to find the VIN in the source code before you actually schedule the pickup. That’s what happened to me last week. I decided not to schedule my pickup since I knew we were so close to 2022’s coming out, and my VIN in the source code was a 2021. So i didn’t schedule it and three days later got a text message saying my order was put on hold and my car was reassigned to the next person waiting.

Reactions: J-Ho and Paul4343
They don’t tell you when you get a VIN. But you will get a text message when you’re able to book your delivery/pickup. That day or the next day you should be able to find the VIN in the source code before you actually schedule the pickup. That’s what happened to me last week. I decided not to schedule my pickup since I knew we were so close to 2022’s coming out, and my VIN in the source code was a 2021. So i didn’t schedule it and three days later got a text message saying my order was put on hold and my car was reassigned to the next person waiting.

Where do I find the source code?