Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry man, i'd be as frustrated. I've come to the conclusion that delivery timing has nothing to do with model configuration, but location. From a business standpoint, it would make sense for Tesla to allocate their inventory orders in bulk to states with the highest volume of orders first.
I would say that is still bad business. As more people order and this happens the bigger the hit to the over all business. The fact is if people don’t feel treated fairly on an order oldest gets filled first based on spec the more people will spend their money with a company that will treat them that way.

The person waiting months does not care and is still being charged a delivery fee so that is not an excuse that matters to them

I'm sorry man, i'd be as frustrated. I've come to the conclusion that delivery timing has nothing to do with model configuration, but location. From a business standpoint, it would make sense for Tesla to allocate their inventory orders in bulk to states with the highest volume of orders first.
It isn't bulk but distance. I haven't seen any deliveries of LR M3's since last quarter. The pattern appeared the same. East to West coast. One of the Florida deliveries was Red as is mine so that didn't figure in holding anything up. My OD date of 9/9 has my one update pushed two weeks to 11/19 - 12/17 for the Chicago area. This is my summary from lurking so take it for what it is worth...

Hey everyone,

Add me to the 'Hold' list. Placed an order for a LR with no options on 10/29. Just spoke with a rep from a Tesla Showroom that helped me put my order on Hold until 12/31. Hopefully upgrading from a 2021 SR+ (delivered in July) if this EV passes. My original delivery date was Dec 15-Dec 31before placing the hold bit didn't want to take any chances.
Lol, you are my twin. Also took delivery of a SR+ in July and placed an order for a LR on 10/29 (now on hold....EDD was 7-31 Dec prior to being placed on hold).

Reactions: SSFC
Tesla keeps changing the delivery dates for my Model 3. Now they want to deliver I am not in town. They won't keep the car in their store for more than 3 days, or I would have to cancel the order. Naturally, they want to sell the car that I ordered at the old price to someone else for more.

Reactions: Paul4343
Also can I not edit posts? 😅. New to forums sorry. I know people were getting lower rates by checking chase but I tried applying for a loan via chase.com and the automated message was to contact Tesla instead

There is a very limited time to edit your own post here. Tesla does not rate match any longer (all the DCU stuff here likely killed that in fact, but thats just my opinion). Apply with tesla, or apply with other financial institutions outside of tesla, those are your options.

SA called me just now.

Told me it will most likely be 2022 VIN if vehicle is created after 11/1.

Another question I had was about my loan. I was worried that my loan will be expired in case my delivery comes after my 60 days. He told me the loan 'starts' once VIN is created, which will be by the end of next week.

He said he will email me again next Tuesday/Wednesday with updates.

Gave more precise dates of 11/24-11/26 for delivery date for my car.

Specs:
OD: 9/28, EDD: 11/7-12/5, M3LR, White/White, Aero, no FSD, Chicago Suburbs

Email from SA:

Good afternoon,
I just want to make sure that I get all the information for your delivery lined up before replying back correctly. So the great news, I did get confirmation that as of today we are looking at even match coming in about 10 days from now (meaning car is leaving the factory if there aren’t any delays). With a potential delivery dates of somewhere between the 20th to 27th or this month. (Pending on how long the transport takes). Everything in your account looks great, I would suggest not to touch anything else for now. As you get confirmation of the Vin, i’ll begin making contact with the local delivery team to begin to finalize everything. I’ll give you a call tomorrow morning to go over some of those details as we are itching closer towards delivery. I’ll give you a call around 11am cst

FYI.

Reactions: ElectricSOB
Regarding the proposed Federal TAX CREDIT (not deduction) of $7,500 contained I believe in the Infrastructure proposal before Congress, is there really any doubt now that the Credit will ONLY apply to vehicles delivered in 2022? I thought that purchasing in 2021 was also safe as a CREDIT (not just deduction) against 2021 taxes. Anyone can clarify or update this?

Regarding the proposed Federal TAX CREDIT (not deduction) of $7,500 contained I believe in the Infrastructure proposal before Congress, is there really any doubt now that the Credit will ONLY apply to vehicles delivered in 2022? I thought that purchasing in 2021 was also safe as a CREDIT (not just deduction) against 2021 taxes. Anyone can clarify or update this?
The proposed tax credit would apply to Tesla and be refundable. Basically $7500 (or perhaps, more) would come off the price of the car at time of purchase. This is actually a big deal. My understanding is that the tax credit would not be retroactive; so to benefit one would have to defer purchase until January. Let's hope the damn bill passes soon...

SA called me just now.

Told me it will most likely be 2022 VIN if vehicle is created after 11/1.

Another question I had was about my loan. I was worried that my loan will be expired in case my delivery comes after my 60 days. He told me the loan 'starts' once VIN is created, which will be by the end of next week.

He said he will email me again next Tuesday/Wednesday with updates.

Gave more precise dates of 11/24-11/26 for delivery date for my car.

Hopefully this is good news for all of us with Indianapolis deliveries with Chicago being that close. Or one could hope!

As I wait for my M3 LR, I finally got to test drive one. Other than the incredible speed, I have to be honest and say I am not terribly impressed. The ride was not that great, and the interior felt a bit cheap to me. Now, I do understand that there is a learning curve with this type of technology and car so I am taking that into consideration. I ordered this car for my wife so obviously I will let her decide but she was not able to go with me on the first test drive. Tesla has scheduled another test drive for us and will be letting us keep it overnight. I am not bashing the car, I just had different expectations I think.