Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I wait for my M3 LR, I finally got to test drive one. Other than the incredible speed, I have to be honest and say I am not terribly impressed. The ride was not that great, and the interior felt a bit cheap to me. Now, I do understand that there is a learning curve with this type of technology and car so I am taking that into consideration. I ordered this car for my wife so obviously I will let her decide but she was not able to go with me on the first test drive. Tesla has scheduled another test drive for us and will be letting us keep it overnight. I am not bashing the car, I just had different expectations I think.
Yeah it's not a perfect car by any means. Glad you test drove before committing! Besides acceleration, I would say there is still some price penalty for buying EV - you can get a nicer ICE car for the price.

Have you owned an EV before? As long as you can charge at home, an EV is a way nicer daily driving experience than ICE. Never visit a gas station, car preheats itself on your schedule, no exhaust fumes even if you want to sit in the A/C all day, etc. Wife and I both gave up our ICE cars for our 2013 Model S and have zero regrets about it. It's been especially great as a family car, we got it when our baby was on the way. When we went shopping for a 2nd car recently, we test drove some ICE cars in addition to EVs, and realized neither of us wanted to be stuck driving an ICE or filling its tank. 😁

If you're willing to give up the supercharger network and a bit of range, check out the dual motor Polestar 2. I loved how that car drove, the "Performance Pack" suspension I tested it with was in a different league than Model 3, better handling and better ride quality. Acceleration felt very comparable to M3LR. The interior felt high-quality and very well put together, not luxurious just good quality. There is a leather+wood option looks more luxurious in photos, I haven't seen it in person. From what I've seen the range different vs M3LR is *not* as big as the EPA numbers suggest, but it is real, Model 3 can go farther on a charge. I came really close to buying a Polestar 2 with all the option packs, before cancelling the order for my M3P.

Reactions: Paul4343
what do I do when my SA won't call me back... I've been promised 2x that I would get a call back in 24 hours... nothing.

are the reps in the stores equipped to help with putting an order on hold, or do I need to chat online and wait for callback? Just looking for advice before i waste my time.

Called SA for rescheduling to Jan 2022 delivery date. He advised to call once VIN number is allocated. Appreciate if people who have successfully changed their DD to share the trick.
No trick involved, either than you can't do it manually yourself. Wait till you get a VIN, contact your SA and tell them you would like to be unmatched from the VIN and put your order on hold until X date. They understand the process, and your account should reflect the new changes once your SA gets around to doing the change.

Regarding the proposed Federal TAX CREDIT (not deduction) of $7,500 contained I believe in the Infrastructure proposal before Congress, is there really any doubt now that the Credit will ONLY apply to vehicles delivered in 2022? I thought that purchasing in 2021 was also safe as a CREDIT (not just deduction) against 2021 taxes. Anyone can clarify or update this?
Nothing is certain about how it will work until it is passed and signed by the president. Wanted to note that the tax credit being discussed is NOT part of the bipartisan infrastructure proposal - it is part of the reconciliation bill that is being hammered out by the dems and has not been voted on in either the house or the senate yet.

As I wait for my M3 LR, I finally got to test drive one. Other than the incredible speed, I have to be honest and say I am not terribly impressed. The ride was not that great, and the interior felt a bit cheap to me. Now, I do understand that there is a learning curve with this type of technology and car so I am taking that into consideration. I ordered this car for my wife so obviously I will let her decide but she was not able to go with me on the first test drive. Tesla has scheduled another test drive for us and will be letting us keep it overnight. I am not bashing the car, I just had different expectations I think.
Curious what other cars you’re coming from. I’ve had tons of sports cars and I’m pretty much of the same opinion. The car is fast but surely isn’t a sports car. With that said, I sold my LR and am getting a P now… but I still feel like I might need a weekend true sports car for sports car stuff. I came to the conclusion that the 3 is about the best daily driver with performance out there, and that there really isn’t an all-in-one car that will meet all my needs.