Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a VIN - unfortunately, I believe it's a 2021 VIN.. Which is disappointing, only because I know 2022's are officially being made and have LFP Batteries. Oh well.

Black
Black
Aero 18"
No FSD

New Estimated Delivery: 11/11 - 11/15
Original Estimated Delivery: 11/27 - 12/25
Delivery Location: Cincinnati, OH
Nothing I have seen says the 2022 LR has LFP batteries. If you have seen something I would love to know. While the overall range is slightly less it seems a advantage to charge the 20% additional on a regular basis.

Nothing I have seen says the 2022 LR has LFP batteries. If you have seen something I would love to know. While the overall range is slightly less it seems a advantage to charge the 20% additional on a regular basis.
Ray, you may be right. I just went back to my chat support and the rep mentioned SR+ was, but on 11/01, the range of LR AWD changed from 353 to 358 - I guess I just assumed it was due to battery change and not an efficiency change or algorithm change.

Has anyone else rejected a 2021 to wait for a 2022?

Woke up to a VIN - unfortunately, I believe it's a 2021 VIN.. Which is disappointing, only because I know 2022's are officially being made and have LFP Batteries. Oh well.

Black
Black
Aero 18"
No FSD

LFP will not be on the Long Range or Performance models. Battery does not have enough capacity for the size.

Reactions: Paul4343

Black
Black
Aero 18"
No FSD

I don't think the LR AWD gets LFP....

edit: I was too slow ;-)

SA called me just now.

Told me it will most likely be 2022 VIN if vehicle is created after 11/1.

Another question I had was about my loan. I was worried that my loan will be expired in case my delivery comes after my 60 days. He told me the loan 'starts' once VIN is created, which will be by the end of next week.

He said he will email me again next Tuesday/Wednesday with updates.

Gave more precise dates of 11/24-11/26 for delivery date for my car.

Did your delivery time update to about the same as everyone else's this morning? That would be right in line with what your SA said.