Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it better to put delivery on hold after receiving VIN?
There is some claim that in that case you will not move to the end of the line once your hold ends. There is also the claim though that you can do this only once and must take the next VIN available after your hold expires. On the other hand, some claim it is better to do the hold before getting the VIN and that you can do this multiple times before a VIN is assigned. So it will depend on your current situation.

In my case, I put the hold before I received my VIN but I am fine even if I am moved back in line since I can drive my current car well into 2022. It will not matter for me even if I take delivery say in June 2022.

Reactions: berman2921
There is some claim that in that case you will not move to the end of the line once your hold ends. There is also the claim though that you can do this only once and must take the next VIN available after your hold expires. On the other hand, some claim it is better to do the hold before getting the VIN and that you can do this multiple times before a VIN is assigned. So it will depend on your current situation.

In my case, I put the hold before I received my VIN but I am fine even if I am moved back in line since I can drive my current car well into 2022. It will not matter for me even if I take delivery say in June 2022.
Thank you for the info. Do you know if Tesla will let me put order on hold until March 1? We will be out of the country in February and I want to make sure Tesla won't schedule delivery that month

Reactions: Paul4343
06B2A0BF-815B-4241-A151-AE4C49D1DE6B.jpeg

Less than a week with her and I’m in love 😍