Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to an updated EDD today. Here’s my data:

OD: 9/24/21

Initial EDD during order: December
EDD #1: 11/4 - 12/4
EDD #2: 11/23 - 12/7
EDD #3: 12/1 - 12/29 <- current EDD

No VIN, no plan to delay to 2022

Config: white/white/18”/no FSD

Disappointing after seeing others with October orders get their cars already, and seeing the EDD narrow and now expand. But I suppose the original EDD is turning out to be the correct one, so what can one do?

I definitely feel for those with August orders who haven’t gotten their VIN yet!

Seems the white interior and 18” wheels are slower arriving, maybe? And geography has significant effect we know. Well, the car will get here when it gets here! Maybe I ought to schedule a test drive to be sure I actually like the thing…
It makes more sense when you look at it as tesla batching like orders for a geographic region and submitting them to the factory. Those of us with Blue M3LR's in the PA area have had our updates ping almost in lock-step with each other, for instance.

Now that I'm getting closer to my delivery date (based on other people's timelines), I'm thinking I should put my order on hold till the 1st of Jan. I was hoping it would be around last week or December, and then I'd somehow push it until the beginning of next year without having to place the order on hold.
What is your current EDD? Mine was 11/23-12/21 and I put a hold pre-emptively until 12/31.

Just chose delivery date for 11/22.
Very strange pickup options. I could choose either the 22nd or 24th.

Oh well, it's done. Yay.

Still no word about the agreement in my account . Can anyone confirm when this is done.
The agreement will be available the day before your schedule pickup. Mine was exactly 24 hours pick up was 11am and 11am the day before I was able to click on the button.

Reactions: Jo060
Got this text but no movement on EDD, etc. Still at 11/19 - 12/17 for my OD 10/16 here in CA.

Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

OD 9/3, Loan approval ~10/2, latest EDD 11/11->12/9, so I emailed Tesla this morning to ask if it would be delivered before the 60 day loan timeout. Here's their response:

":You are right about the terms on the loan. At this point, it is a waiting game. We will have to wait for your car to be built. We have done everything we can to prioritize your delivery."

The game continues. Every time I enter the EDD window, that night the date gets pushed 2 days out.
OD of 9/3ish, first EDD was 10/31. On 10/31 it moved to 11/7. Then 11/9, 11/11, and today 11/13.

It's like the Tom Hanks / Money Pit movie. "2 weeks!"

It makes more sense when you look at it as tesla batching like orders for a geographic region and submitting them to the factory. Those of us with Blue M3LR's in the PA area have had our updates ping almost in lock-step with each other, for instance.
This may well be the case, and an apt way to describe Tesla’s distribution system!

I think what got my hopes up was seeing the recent Florida deliveries with a range of different configurations. Got me thinking Tesla would batch produce the cars (all types) and then ship regionally once an appropriate number of orders had been filled for that region (all configs).

Also saw someone with a Sept SR+ order in Michigan got their VIN today. Obviously a different case than LR, however.

In any case, it’s pretty much impossible to predict beyond a several-month window when we’ll get our car, and EDD is pretty meaningless until the VIN shows up!