Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone taken delivery of a 2022 model year yet? Looks like there’s a guy on Reddit saying that due to a chip shortage, the wireless phone chargers and front USB ports are disabled on his SR+, and I’m curious if the LR AWD has the same issue…

This is understandable... but also F'd that they don't realy notify consumers???

Reactions: Paul4343
Question...For those that financed through Tesla before, do you know if they withdraw the money prior for downpayment immediately once i link my bank account? or do they make the withdrawal the day of delivery?? I am a week out of taking delivery (11/20) and i'm debating of just making the payment now. I just don't know if I want them to make such a big withdrawal from my account before i even recieve the car
Definitely at delivery

Has anyone taken delivery of a 2022 model year yet? Looks like there’s a guy on Reddit saying that due to a chip shortage, the wireless phone chargers and front USB ports are disabled on his SR+, and I’m curious if the LR AWD has the same issue…

I'm really hoping lr models aren't effected by this. Just the cheaper sr+ models. Also, this is the only report I've seen of this so far.

Damn... I'm sure I'll be getting a 2022.. I know its silly but I was REALLY looking forward to the wireless chargers..
Not silly at all. I personally appreciate that they are committing to deliveries and not putting my car on some lengthy hold while they wait for a USB-C port. That's assuming they fulfill the missing parts in a timely fashion and with as little inconvenience for the post-delivery install as possible.

Ordered mine in a few months ago
Will pick up in two weeks.
It says it is 2022 model 3 but I don’t know what is different. I tried to search and there is a motor trend article but not so believable. Anyone received 2022 yet? Is mine just saying it is 2022 only bc it is so close to year 2022?
Super excited btw and can’t wait

Wow, a bit sensitive. I’ll restate, and just maybe I’m not as well read as you, but is seems like this will hurt Tesla in the media if true. Otherwise, my assumption was a few were missed in production.
Sorry, wasn’t my intention to be snippy. I honestly hope you are correct. Or at least they communicate what is going on asap and will make it right for those effected by this. (Hopefully not me)

Ordered mine in a few months ago
Will pick up in two weeks.
It says it is 2022 model 3 but I don’t know what is different. I tried to search and there is a motor trend article but not so believable. Anyone received 2022 yet? Is mine just saying it is 2022 only bc it is so close to year 2022?
Super excited btw and can’t wait
I asked Tesla about it and the SMS message I got from them states that all vehicles produced after November 1, 2021 are considered 2022. Don't think that there is a major difference with respect to the 2021 model year though.