Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have sold my previous M3 and am currently borrowing a car from a friend. Current EDD is 11/26 - 12/6. I've been reading how tesla is letting people put their orders on hold which I'm debating if the EV tax credit seems to be materializing. If I do that, I'd have to ask my friend if I can borrow his car longer, but don't want to push it. Or I could rent a car for a month after giving his car back. If I were to put my order on hold until 12/31, does anyone have any guesses as to how long into Jan the order could be filled? If you put the order on hold after you get a VIN I assume that means you'd end up with a new VIN, right?

I have sold my previous M3 and am currently borrowing a car from a friend. Current EDD is 11/26 - 12/6. I've been reading how tesla is letting people put their orders on hold which I'm debating if the EV tax credit seems to be materializing. If I do that, I'd have to ask my friend if I can borrow his car longer, but don't want to push it. Or I could rent a car for a month after giving his car back. If I were to put my order on hold until 12/31, does anyone have any guesses as to how long into Jan the order could be filled? If you put the order on hold after you get a VIN I assume that means you'd end up with a new VIN, right?
I am in a similar situation and most SA's have been saying with the amount of people doing this it would be March at the earliest. It is why I decided to just take delivery this Saturday. While the money would be nice not having car till March or even later was a deal breaker for me.

Now I’m thinking about accepting delivery of this 2021 M3 and then selling it In January to purchase and get the tax credit. Only because trade in is good for 30 days and I’ve already applied for finance

The real question is what happens when you put your order on hold? Does that put you in the back of the line? Right now people with Mt. Kisco NY pick up location and order dates in beginning of September are looking at Feb deliveries. If you go to the back of the line, it's going to be a long wait.

The real question is what happens when you put your order on hold? Does that put you in the back of the line? Right now people with Mt. Kisco NY pick up location and order dates in beginning of September are looking at Feb deliveries. If you go to the back of the line, it's going to be a long wait.
Ouch! Where did you get the Feb estimate from? Latest EDD or talk to someone? Currently feeling passed over in Michigan with 12/1 - 12/29 EDD, which just feels like a generic "placeholder EDD" with no clue when the car will be made.

OD: 9/24/21
White/white/18"/no FSD
Detroit
No VIN yet

I'm in no rush to receive the car, so if mine also gets pushed to Feb, will be ok, and save some $ IF that tax rebate goes through. Seeing all these midwest VINs pop up has me envious! Also on board with your thinking that those delaying are in for a several month additional wait if they try to delay to Jan.

Reactions: EV70
I sure hope your information is inaccurate! My EDD recently got narrowed down from 11/16-12/15 down to 11/26 - 12/8. Feb would be a far cry from that!

2022 model 3.jpg

Yeah so that just changed to 2022 Tesla Model 3 but still no VIN. Waiting for a Callback from Tesla right now to confirm the VIN I found in source code.

I sure hope your information is inaccurate! My EDD recently got narrowed down from 11/16-12/15 down to 11/26 - 12/8. Feb would be a far cry from that!
I wish it was. My OD is 8/15 and on Friday I got pushed back to 12/7-12/31. I was just talking to someone else this morning that ordered early Sep and they show Feb EDD. Config plays into also though. DViper had a 9/20 OD and got a VIN last week. Can't figure out this crazy algorithm, but makes me think twice about putting a VIN on hold.

I wish it was. My OD is 8/15 and on Friday I got pushed back to 12/7-12/31. I was just talking to someone else this morning that ordered early Sep and they show Feb EDD. Config plays into also though. DViper had a 9/20 OD and got a VIN last week. Can't figure out this crazy algorithm, but makes me think twice about putting a VIN on hold.
Yeah, I think these replies have helped me decide to keep things as they are!

OMG your EDD got pushed again?? This is insane.