Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN this morning. The tesla rep said I would get a text message. That was a lie. I've 'accepted delivery' for a vision-only 2022 M3LR. VIN now shows on the order page, EDD 11/16-11/22.
I have no plans on waiting for the tax credit, so this is perfectly fine with me.

Reactions: geekxism
Hey all!

I'm new to the Tesla community. I've been dreaming about getting one for years and finally decided to make the leap after selling my 2018 Mercedes E-Class. I ordered the Model 3 Long Range in late October and received my VIN declaring it to be a 2022. I haven't heard of anyone else sharing their 2022 car's delivery and even had to work with my insurance company to create a new option for the 2022 model year. My delivery date has finally been set for the 26th so the big question is...Is this the first 2022 Model 3 to be delivered? In Florida? In the US? In the World? Probably not, but I'm curious to hear other peoples stories!

2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white.
Ordered: 10/20
Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 23
Delivery Location: Bay Area, CA

Question to folks here:
When I entered delivery location it didn't ask me which delivery option I want (Home,SC etc.). It only asked for my address and I cannot change it anymore.
It now simply says:

Did anyone get the same odd behaviour?
I was hoping to get SC delivery in Palo Alto instead of home delivery.
same thing happened to me. When I ordered they said it would be picked up at my local SC in Florida and once my delivery date was set it was changed to my home address

Hey all!

I'm new to the Tesla community. I've been dreaming about getting one for years and finally decided to make the leap after selling my 2018 Mercedes E-Class. I ordered the Model 3 Long Range in late October and received my VIN declaring it to be a 2022. I haven't heard of anyone else sharing their 2022 car's delivery and even had to work with my insurance company to create a new option for the 2022 model year. My delivery date has finally been set for the 26th so the big question is...Is this the first 2022 Model 3 to be delivered? In Florida? In the US? In the World? Probably not, but I'm curious to hear other peoples stories!
Congrats on getting the car! Re: the 2022, it sounds like vehicles produced AFTER 11/1 are VINd as ‘22 models. Tesla doesn’t do model years in the more traditional sense that normal car manufacturers do.

How do I access the tracking sheet?

Reactions: GeoG
While it's been fun hanging out in here tracking order updates, it's time for me to leave...

Took delivery yesterday!

Trust me - it's worth the wait!

The new 19" wheels aren't my favorite, but they look better in person than in pictures (I still plan to powder coat them next week when I get my tints done). No major issues noticed - one of the headlights wasn't exactly flush with the body so I have a service appointment scheduled for them to re-set the headlight.

Best of luck everyone!

2.PNG
1.PNG

While it's been fun hanging out in here tracking order updates, it's time for me to leave...

Took delivery yesterday!

The new 19" wheels aren't my favorite, but they look better in person than in pictures (I still plan to powder coat them next week when I get my tints done). No major issues noticed - one of the headlights wasn't exactly flush with the body so I have a service appointment scheduled for them to re-set the headlight.

Best of luck everyone!

View attachment 733563View attachment 733564
Congrats!

Reactions: FiteFire

Took delivery yesterday!

Best of luck everyone!

View attachment 733563View attachment 733564
Did the wheels change? They look like what I ordered on 10/10.

2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white.
Ordered: 10/20
Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 23
Delivery Location: Bay Area, CA

Question to folks here:
When I entered delivery location it didn't ask me which delivery option I want (Home,SC etc.). It only asked for my address and I cannot change it anymore.
It now simply says:

Did anyone get the same odd behaviour?
I was hoping to get SC delivery in Palo Alto instead of home delivery.
I hate to be that guy, but this could be them attempting to reduce delivery refusals due to any issues (Missing USB, etc-) with the car. Same thing happened to me, I was out of delivery range for the service center when placing the order. Upon scheduling delivery I suddenly qualify for delivery. Seems odd to me...