Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m about to just go ahead with this order. And sale the car in January if it passes. I already got a VIN and got approved for financing so my timing is short.
Don’t have a VIN yet but similar situation here. I felt sort of pressured by my SA that I needed to get my financial loan app submitted as soon as possible to “get in the queue” only to find out I could have waited until VIN assignment. Now I have loan terms that are good for 60 days that either will expire before the car is ready, or make it an even more difficult decision to push back delivery or not and do another credit pull.

I’m about to just go ahead with this order. And sale the car in January if it passes. I already got a VIN and got approved for financing so my timing is short.
yeah I'm taking whatever is available after Jan 1. Latest bill covers Jan 1 and forward so I'm just going to go off of that, and can sell the car and reorder in the future if I'm so inclined.

The bill isn't a point of sale discount until 2023 anyway, so regardless of its retroactive or not, I wouldn't see the 8k until I file my 2022 taxes.

yeah I'm taking whatever is available after Jan 1. Latest bill covers Jan 1 and forward so I'm just going to go off of that, and can sell the car and reorder in the future if I'm so inclined.

The bill isn't a point of sale discount until 2023 anyway, so regardless of its retroactive or not, I wouldn't see the 8k until I file my 2022 taxes.
That's true, the POS discount is planned for 2023 and as you said, you will be able to get the credit only when you file for your 2022 taxes. Let's see if the bill goes through the House this or the following week before Thanksgiving. And then it looks like it will be a big struggle to get it through the Senate if possible at all.

Reactions: Soap
Don’t have a VIN yet but similar situation here. I felt sort of pressured by my SA that I needed to get my financial loan app submitted as soon as possible to “get in the queue” only to find out I could have waited until VIN assignment. Now I have loan terms that are good for 60 days that either will expire before the car is ready, or make it an even more difficult decision to push back delivery or not and do another credit pull.
My thing is I don’t think I will get approved again if they run my credit again. Because I already have a loan for my Model Y that isn’t showing on my credit report yet. Literally applied for financing my Model 3 a week after applying for my Model Y. That is my dilemma

Update: Saw a DBM LR in existing inventory and switched to that one this morning. It's a 2021 but we'll see how I like the vehicle after the leasing period. I'm pretty sure I will and may put in an order for a Model Y next year to take advantage of any credits, if they pass.
Vision agreement accepted and now EDD is Nov 20-Nov 24

Reactions: geekxism
Blue/White 18s no FSD
OD 10/25
1st EDD 12/1 - 12/30 (initial)
2nd EDD 11/17-12/15 (10/27)
3rd EDD 11/28-12/12 (11/13ish)
received VIN 11/15 for 11/28-12/1 pick up
called and put order on Hold till 12/17 releasing VIN, selling current SR+ to Carvana and they are not picking up till 11/30 and using that for downpayment so had to delay.

FWIW he recommend the hold to "force" a later delivery thinking I would immediately get rematched just releasing the VIN and I want to space out selling, check clearing, and new car pickup

That's true, the POS discount is planned for 2023 and as you said, you will be able to get the credit only when you file for your 2022 taxes. Let's see if the bill goes through the House this or the following week before Thanksgiving. And then it looks like it will be a big struggle to get it through the Senate if possible at all.
Or you just change your W4 in 2022 and decrease your federal withholding and get the $8,000 back in 2022 spread over all paychecks. Never send the gov't more money than you owe ;)

Reactions: Paul4343
So let’s say they don’t even pass anything until 2/1/22. Woud they still retroactive sale dates back to 1/1/22? I don’t see why they would.
So let’s say they don’t even pass anything until 2/1/22. Woud they still retroactive sale dates back to 1/1/22? I don’t see why they would.
Of course no one can say with certainty what will happen. Still though my guess would be that the bill would be retroactive to 1/1/2022 should it pass early next year. However, chances for BBB seem to be dimming as time progresses. The potential for a government shutdown /default next month will likely push BBB out of consideration until next year...

Hello all, just some tidbit info from me:

My EDD is 11/28-12/30 and hasn’t changed since Oct order. I called Tesla a couple days ago and the SA stated that they are doing well with delivery and expect mid to late December.

On a second note I just test drove a LR yesterday here in Vienna. I liked the car but man was there a lot of road noise and wind noise. It does handle extremely well and it’s very fast. I think whatever tires on there are really exaggerating cabin noise.

That said the SA at the store says they expect mid to late December as well.

Thanks
I’m in Herndon, so driving the same roads as you. Didn‘t have much opportunity to test the speed much due to road work on 7, but it does handle well on the twisties. Can really feel the bumps too, but that doesn’t bother me coming from a GTI.

Yup. happened 3x in a row, 2-3 days each time. Today is day 1 of the 4th EDD, tomorrow will be day 2. I'm expecting it to be pushed back 2 days when I wake up tomorrow morning.
I have now lost track of how many times I've entered the EDD window only to have it pushed back. I *think*: Black/Black/18" specs, 9/3 OD.

10/30, 11/7, 11/9, 11/11, 11/13, 11/16, and just now 11/18.

And even better, I've stopped caring. It's 2:15pm California time and I just realized I hadn't checked. While logging in my question was "I wonder if the revised date is more or less than 48 hours out".

Sorry, but EDDs are just meaningless. I'm just glad I only bought $50 of accessories. Well, and the charger + install was $2200 cuz I have a Tesla solar system and electric panel.

Reactions: geekxism
Cool, would like to hear your impressions compared to the GTI. I do not have a GTI but will be switching from an MK7 1.8TSI.
Not enough sample time in the Tesla (yet…EDD sometime Dec). Both cars had very tight handling and the Tesla seemed to offer greater visibility. For me, the greatest adaption will be figuring out what to do with my right hand as all my cars have been standards for the last 40 hrs!

Reactions: t.e.s.l.a_dude
Welp...First day of my original EDD is coming to a close. I feel like I should celebrate! Lol. Still no VIN, though...
Saturday will be a week out from the new EDD, so maybe something will happen this weekend or early next week...🤞

Already got my outlet installed and ordered a bunch of accessories the other day...I am so ready.