Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same edd I’ve had since I ordered 10/24. 12/08-12/31. I see the “we’re building your car” bit on mine as well. I would be interested to know if this is actually any indication of where we are in the queue or just the generic message you get until VIN is assigned.
Does everyone else have the below view?
It’s just a generic message. My friend has a EDD of 11/30-12/3 with a VIN and he’s still seeing “We’re building your car” in his app.

Reactions: EV70
I have the same edd I’ve had since I ordered 10/24. 12/08-12/31. I see the “we’re building your car” bit on mine as well. I would be interested to know if this is actually any indication of where we are in the queue or just the generic message you get until VIN is assigned.
Does everyone else have the below view?
I have the same status on my app. I’m thinking it’s a generic page after an order is placed and confirmed.

I ordered on 10/28 LR, aero wheels, blue. I just received the message today, but now my delivery is slated for 12/3-12/17. Is anyone else delaying delivery for EV tax credit? I’m in Ohio, and there are NO state incentives.
Unpopular opinion, but I’m taking delivery as soon as the car becomes available. I’d rather enjoy the car now rather than letting some bill dictate when I can. I’ll just get a new car again in 2023 when the rebate becomes a POS discount.

Unpopular opinion, but I’m taking delivery as soon as the car becomes available. I’d rather enjoy the car now rather than letting some bill dictate when I can. I’ll just get a new car again in 2023 when the rebate becomes a POS discount.
You got me thinking. Lol I have a Model Y which is definitely selling for more than I paid (53k) with NJ tax credit and no tax. So I will think about this for the Model X if I’m going to bother…

Reactions: rfaquino
Is anyone getting Tesla direct delivery or is everyone going to a showroom to pick up? The videos make it seem so simple to do the direct delivery, but I haven’t heard about the experience or if they are even offering it.
I’m scheduled to use Tesla direct on 11/30 and have spoken live with my SA pretty extensively about what to expect. Tesla opted me into this and I have decided to go with it.

Reactions: Arrax
Yea pretty crazy, I assume we are both picking up from Clarkston?

I will add that I filled in all possible paperwork as soon as I could. Cash payment (until I get a VIN), entered my current insurance (which will need to get updated, but figured it was better to have “something” in their system ASAP), and entered a trade-in as soon as I could.

Your info makes me more wary that both of our cars will arrive on the same truck shipment and that it will get here sometime in December.
Hey just curious how your EDD looks now? Mine switched to “December” for a good week. And now shows Jan 15-Feb 12th lol.

Originally ordered last weekend. MSM, black interior, aero, no fsd with generic dec edd. Changed to Mid Jan - Mid Feb a few days later. This morning updated to Dec 3-Dec 31. Probably due to all the holds...
Mine also updated from Jan-feb to now dec8-dec 31.

kinda wondering if I should just accept delivery in December then order another one to get the credits and stuff then sell this one.