Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did they send you the text for scheduling? I'm picking up at indy, I have my vin but no text to schedule delivery.
I got the text this morning! Honestly wasn't expecting to get any other communications until tomorrow at the earliest, but I guess they have reps working on Sundays. I did complete my insurance (actual VIN-specific policy) and financing (3rd-party through B of A) yesterday by early evening, so maybe that helped...

Ordered 10/24 in Edmonton, Alberta. Had EDD of Nov 20-Dec 18. They’ve completed a trade-in assessment, and financing all done and in place. Hoping for a tighter window since my first ED day was yesterday; instead woke up to the worst possible news; new EDD now says Feb!! 2 1/2 months more!! Ugh…. Everyone seemed to indicate that once the trade-in was done, it would be within the 30 days. All I can do is hope it changes back to December. Even my SA told me last week that they’re expecting a big shipment in later December and mine won’t be any later than that. Like I said, all I can is hope for a change for the better….

So the trade in value is only good for 30days. However I wouldn't be surprised if your EDD bumps back into 2021. I have seen that happen to like 50 people just in this thread.

Build Back Better EV Tax Refund

My M3LR is scheduled for delivery between December 01 - December 15. I don't believe the "Build Back Better" bill will pass but don't want to get screwed if it does by taking delivery two or three weeks before the $8K tax refund is available. Anyone else concerned about this? I would assume the only way to get the car next year is to cancel the order, forfeit the $250 and then reorder closer to the end of the year. This will suck for Tesla if a lot of us do this and they miss their numbers for 4th qtr.

Thanks for your feedback.
I am not worried about it, worst case scenario I sell the car early 2022 and order another one with the BBB bill credit

Reactions: rfaquino
Just scheduled my delivery for Black Friday at 1:30pm in Indy!

That will be just 9 days into original month-long EDD window, the last day of the revised EDD window, and 62 days total from order to delivery.

Now to cross my fingers and hope it doesn't get moved somehow in the few days before...I'm kinda relying on it being that day/time. Lol.
Welcome to the Black Friday delivery date club!!

Reactions: ReeseyCup
Hi everyone, I order my M3 LR Charcoal ext, Black int, and euro wheels and when I ordered it it said January 2022 but just change today to Week 12/21 -12/31 is that normal and can i change it as i wont be in the available to except it? Does tesla deliver cars to us here is just January?
Yeah, expect it to change a lot over the next 2 months. It might go up or down or stay the same, there seems to be a number of factors that change your EDD. Just hang in there, try not to obsess over it, it will probably come closer to your original expected date. Note: you can always request they push it back to 2022.

Ordered 10/24 in Edmonton, Alberta. Had EDD of Nov 20-Dec 18. They’ve completed a trade-in assessment, and financing all done and in place. Hoping for a tighter window since my first ED day was yesterday; instead woke up to the worst possible news; new EDD now says Feb!! 2 1/2 months more!! Ugh…. Everyone seemed to indicate that once the trade-in was done, it would be within the 30 days. All I can do is hope it changes back to December. Even my SA told me last week that they’re expecting a big shipment in later December and mine won’t be any later than that. Like I said, all I can is hope for a change for the better….
Exact same boat, same order date too and province, I'm in Cowtown. Mine was showing EDD Nov 27-Dec 25 until this Friday, when it changed to January 4th - February 1st. Hoping it's just an error, I was really looking forward to getting it in December. I don't want to take it in February when it's the coldest month out typically, I might just delay it if it does come in February...

Exact same boat, same order date too and province, I'm in Cowtown. Mine was showing EDD Nov 27-Dec 25 until this Friday, when it changed to January 4th - February 1st. Hoping it's just an error, I was really looking forward to getting it in December. I don't want to take it in February when it's the coldest month out typically, I might just delay it if it does come in February...
Hey Emira. Oh what a drag; my heart sank with that change! I’m even a month later Jan 31-Feb28! Yeah, I sure hope it changes back. My SA is off until Tuesday, but I’m hoping he can shed some light on what’s happened. I spoke to him on Thursday, and said at the worst, they’re expecting a big shipment in the last couple weeks of December, and felt sure might wouldn’t be any later than that. I’ll post if anything changes… thanks for sharing… misery loves company!

So the trade in value is only good for 30days. However I wouldn't be surprised if your EDD bumps back into 2021. I have seen that happen to like 50 people just in this thread.
I assume you mean 2022? My SA said they’re getting an order in mid December and that likely would the latest for me… hope it changes, like I’ve heard some say has happened. But I didn’t expect a push back THAT far! 😔

After refreshing incessantly and obsessively all weekend, I woke up at 6am to the vision and VIN update (did not get any notification). EDD shortened as well.

I tried to do an automated insurance quote w GEICO (my current insurance) via the app, but it was astronomical, so I’m gonna just call them when they open.

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31, no VIN.
11/22 EDD 12/3-12/9

After refreshing incessantly and obsessively all weekend, I woke up at 6am to the vision and VIN update (did not get any notification). EDD shortened as well.

I tried to do an automated insurance quote w GEICO (my current insurance) via the app, but it was astronomical, so I’m gonna just call them when they open.

Paramus,NJ
Order date: 10/23/2021
3LR, WHT/WHT, AERO no FSD
EDD 12/7-12/31, no VIN.
11/22 EDD 12/3-12/9
We use GEICO as well and our quote was $90/month hiring then the car the 3 is replacing. Pushed my deductibles up a bit and that only saved $10/month

We use GEICO as well and our quote was $90/month hiring then the car the 3 is replacing. Pushed my deductibles up a bit and that only saved $10/month
Mine is coming in at 350/mo, which is crazy. My 5 series was ~150 and my partner just purchased a new SUV and is paying ~100. I just gotta call them. I’ll also try Costco insurance, I’m seeing good things about them as well.