Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! I’m very happy with it.

Like you, I was not comfortable with the Plaid platform they push you toward for prepayment. It seems like in a lot of states you can do a wire transfer instead; just say you don’t see your bank listed and it will give you other options. In the end, I wanted to be able to at least do a walkaround before handing over the balance, so I opted for the cashier’s check. The SC here in Virginia was way more accommodating about that than the app, which nags you to prepay.
Thanks for the additional info. I also want to look at the car before I give them all the money...so it will be a cashiers check. Which model did you get? I placed an order for the LR in October but put a hold on it until January. I'm hoping the EV incentives get sorted out by EOY. I just had a NEMA 14-50 installed last week. I keeps staring at me and I can't avoid looking back at it. Oh well.....

I emailed PSEG they will give you up to $1500 in credits or send you a check. I had someone check out my panel today. I need an upgrade from 100 to 200 v. the first quote I received was $2800 just for the upgrade.
Ugh that sucks so much. Panel upgrades are rough. I know the line to my driveway was $500 (400 labor, 100 parts). But I did dig the trench myself to make it cheaper.

Here’s what the breakdown is

Residential smart charging customers are eligible for:
  • Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Up to $5,000 of pole to meter utility service upgrades (if needed)
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods to help lower your bill

Some good news here in crazy California, for once!
M3LR/ 19/ White/Black/ No SD.
OD: 10/14
1st EDD: 11/15 to 12/13
2nd EDD (1 week ago): 11/22 to 12/3
3rd EDD (yesterday) 11/25 to 11/29
Today: VIN assigned.
Notified 2 hrs ago via text of delivery this Saturday 11/27, (12-4 pm) at home!
Got a cashier's check ready to go. CSAA insurance for Tesla obtained, and updated via app.
And...we haven't talked to anyone during this entire process. A good thing?
super excited for you! hopefully mine comes soon as well. OD 10/23 EDD now 11/27-12/11

Reactions: aljlin
A long 6 week wait. Well worth it. Decided to celebrate with one of my favorite cigars. My lounge got a little smaller today but hey I don’t care . I love this car

OD: 10/13
DD: 11/23

Attachments

• E31FA38F-3561-4148-8E04-E9F200EEDDAE.jpeg
    E31FA38F-3561-4148-8E04-E9F200EEDDAE.jpeg
    358.6 KB · Views: 71
I emailed PSEG they will give you up to $1500 in credits or send you a check. I had someone check out my panel today. I need an upgrade from 100 to 200 v. the first quote I received was $2800 just for the upgrade.
Do you mean you have to update your panel from 100 AMPERE capacity to 200 AMPERE capacity, I hope? Unless you have a really really antique home (as I had in Mountain Lakes), your electric feed to your house should be 120-208 Volts. Three wires coming to he house, 2 hots and a Neutral. You get approx 208 Volts from hot to hot, and approx 115V hot to neutral.

I am on hold until 1/1/2022 and this works out pretty well in my case since I think that there is a possibility that the bill will not be done in the Senate within this year and there will be uncertainty if the EV tax credit will be effective on 1/1/2022 or on whichever date it passes the Senate in 2022. So a February or March 2022 delivery would give me some extra buffer.
I also have an LR on hold till after the New Year, but if BBB doesn't pass, I'll probably just walk away from the $250 order fee and keep my SR+.

Do you mean you have to update your panel from 100 AMPERE capacity to 200 AMPERE capacity, I hope? Unless you have a really really antique home (as I had in Mountain Lakes), your electric feed to your house should be 120-208 Volts. Three wires coming to he house, 2 hots and a Neutral. You get approx 208 Volts from hot to hot, and approx 115V hot to neutral.
i have a 100A and 60A. One electrician said if I have a dryer and a central AC unit i would need to upgrade because I would be coming close to maxing out. I am in the process of finishing my basement and the contractor also told me to upgrade because of the basement. He doesn’t know about the electric charger he suggested before I even bought a Tesla.

Reactions: drdumont and Arrax
Just signed my loan agreement and made final payment...Delivery appointment still scheduled for Friday with no changes.

Now that the constant account refreshing/checking and phone calls/texts are over and the loan/insurance stuff is out of the way, I've moved on to stressing like crazy over paint protection film (which I'm starting to think isn't worth it for me)...It's always something. Maybe I'm just an anxious person? 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: GeoG and TheSlyyGuy
Update:
2021 M3 SR+ MSM W/FSD - SOLD ON 11/15/21
Ordered M3 LR MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD on 11/15/21
11/15 EDD: Feb 01 - Mar 01, 2022
11/18 EDD: Dec 12 - Dec 31, 2021
11/24 EDD: Dec 12 - Dec 26, 2021
Pickup: Stl, MO

Another Okie here, picking up in KCMO though. My order date was 9/20. Have VIN and Vision done, with a narrow Dec 1-6 pickup window now since last Friday. No updates since then or definitive pickup date. Last communication on Sunday from my SA was that it was train bound to Chicago and I would get final update when it was on a truck to KCMO.

Reactions: GeoG