Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way it was explained to me: you ARE next up… behind everyone else who put their orders on hold. They don’t hold or store your particular car for you (the one you were assigned that triggered the delivery process), it is reassigned to someone else who ordered the same config as you, and is very willing to accept the car right now.

With that said, you will get reassigned a car when your config next becomes available. If a car happens to be sitting in a truck or a train in your area, you get assigned that. If there’s nothing, then you wait until a car with your config rolls off the production line. And with all the holds, new orders, and others willing to accept delivery now, there isn’t really any assurance that you’ll get a car immediately after you come off your hold.
Has anyone else had an issue where they “delayed” their delivery (they scheduled it for 11/21; but we’ve been on a cruise from 11/19-11/27…they said they couldn’t reschedule, only put us “on hold” until 11/26) and now when I look at my EDD; it’s February 2022..I thought when you came “off hold” you were basically “next up”, rather than just going back in the general pool (like I basically just placed my order today)
What i was told by a Tesla employee is that when you come off a hold there is zero priority for you. Back in line like everyone else. Not sure how true that is, but that’s what i was told.

It's Christmas morning for me. Picking up my car in 1.5 hours! Ordered 9/1...
Awesome - yours might arrived on the same truck as mine - 112,313
My Best guess of tracking others and the time line from Freemont CA:
1. Appears it was birthed 11/16 (@my birthday)
2. Sits in the factory and the staging lot - 3-4 days - departed 11/20
3. 2,125 miles to Westmont IL Tesla - 400-500 miles/day = 11/26 - actual cost at $100 + miles * $0.4748/mile = $1,109 - close to $1,125 "Equalized Transport"
4. 2-3 (Business Days only - M-F) day processing at end point before customer is invited for pickup = 11/30 or 12/1

Awesome - yours might arrived on the same truck as mine - 112,313
My Best guess of tracking others and the time line from Freemont CA:
1. Appears it was birthed 11/16 (@my birthday)
2. Sits in the factory and the staging lot - 3-4 days - departed 11/20
3. 2,125 miles to Westmont IL Tesla - 400-500 miles/day = 11/26 - actual cost at $100 + miles * $0.4748/mile = $1,109 - close to $1,125 "Equalized Transport"
4. 2-3 (Business Days only - M-F) day processing at end point before customer is invited for pickup = 11/30 or 12/1
Westmont here.
Just got the confirmation to pickup on 12/6.

Reactions: dncpunke and rexki
Welp...I finally picked up my car yesterday in Indy! Appointment went very smoothly overall. Showed up half an hour early and they still took care of me right away. Although the rep who helped me kept coming to check on me every 5-10 minutes, I was able to take the ~45 minutes to go through a full delivery inspection checklist. Didn't find any issues inside or out other than a couple of panel alignments that are very slightly off – one of which can't even be seen and can only be felt, so I honestly find it really hard to care about. Everything looks & works great otherwise, so I'll take it without hesitation!

20211126_131510.jpg

The car is really everything I'd hoped it would be. So cool, so high-tech, so many convenient features, and so fun to drive. The trip home was probably the most relaxing 3-hour drive I've ever done thanks to TACC and autosteer (aside from the one time I somehow messed up disengaging it and got warnings for some reason – not sure what happened). The only thing that has caught me off guard a bit is just how many noises the thing makes while parked/off. Had to look up to verify it's all normal. 😅

Nope all good…
OD 10/25
VIN assigned 11/24
VIN: 119,2xx
M3 LR AWD MSM Black 19” no fsd
Ordered in-person at Westmont

You on the same truck?
Appears yours was birthed likely today, or Wed, or Friday if they took Turkeyday off in Freemont CA!!
Mine being 6,800-6,900 prior to you estimating 11/16 birthday.
But truck is 50/50 the same or the prior delivery to Westmont.

Welp...I finally picked up my car yesterday in Indy! Appointment went very smoothly overall. Showed up half an hour early and they still took care of me right away. Although the rep who helped me kept coming to check on me every 5-10 minutes, I was able to take the ~45 minutes to go through a full delivery inspection checklist. Didn't find any issues inside or out other than a couple of panel alignments that are very slightly off – one of which can't even be seen and can only be felt, so I honestly find it really hard to care about. Everything looks & works great otherwise, so I'll take it without hesitation!

View attachment 737974

The car is really everything I'd hoped it would be. So cool, so high-tech, so many convenient features, and so fun to drive. The trip home was probably the most relaxing 3-hour drive I've ever done thanks to TACC and autosteer (aside from the ). The only thing that has caught me off guard a bit is just how many noises the thing makes while parked/off. Had to look up to verify it's all normal. 😅
The battery management system(s) run (pumping coolant) along with the car electronics and averages about 236 watts/hour (EVSE circuit measured at circuit breaker) - have a super accurate CT magnet on my fathers EVSE connection while it has the exact same car as yours plugged into the L2 home charger.

Reactions: ReeseyCup

View attachment 737974

The car is really everything I'd hoped it would be. So cool, so high-tech, so many convenient features, and so fun to drive. The trip home was probably the most relaxing 3-hour drive I've ever done thanks to TACC and autosteer (aside from the one time I somehow messed up disengaging it and got warnings for some reason – not sure what happened). The only thing that has caught me off guard a bit is just how many noises the thing makes while parked/off. Had to look up to verify it's all normal. 😅

View attachment 737974

Congratulations!

Reactions: ReeseyCup
Just got the vision agreement and VIN. EDD was moved up from 12/6-12/20 to 11/30-12/5. I happened to drive by the Mt.Kisco delivery center this morning while running errands and the lot was filled with cars, I thought to myself that it’s Christmas Day for a lot of people! Came home to the update and just realized that my car is probably sitting there, most likely due to someone postponing delivery.

M3 LR White/black Aero OD: 11/1

Ok. You asked for it. Grab a drink and dive in:

Check all the gaps between panels - doors/frames, trunk, frunk, etc.
Look for paint scratches, dings, underspray, thin spots, rubbed or worn areas like from tarps or hold downs
Check interior trim for matches, stains, smears, cracks
Ensure all lights work inside and out
Look underneath, look for scrapes and breaks in the skid plates
Check tires and rims for obvious damage
Obviously you should have the charging adapter and plug, J1772 adapter
Crank up sound system with an FM station. Blast it a bit. Sounds good, don't it?
By law you should have Pedestrian warning, in reverse you get the "woowoowoo", you SHOULD get a noise when driving forward <19MPH
Ensure all USB outlets have innards (I think this was a temporary aberration, Tesla fixed them right quick)
Look in frunk and trunk for trim. You should have a tow hook in frunk
Look for the front license plate bracket if it isn't installed. Mine is still in the trunk. The plate is in the glovebox. Your mileage may vary,
most of the Teslas I see don't use the front plate. I've been stopped twice (for obviously bogus reasons <harrumph>, and lack of front
plate hasn't been mentioned here in Texas. Again, YMMV.
Ensure you can communicate with the car by bluetooth
Make sure both your cards are programmed.
Ensure charging door opens and closes from the screen, from the app, and from the charging handle.
New Model 3s should have wireless charging, I believe
Also should have power trunk open/close
Sight down sides of car, look for obvious misalignment
Ensure all 3 mirrors are dimmable (You should see slight change in color around rim of mirror. They tried to hose me on The Blue Bunny).
Go over all the upholstery, look for scuffs, stains, discoloration, etc.
Inspect the glass roof panels from inside and out.
Go through several functions in screen, make sure no dead pixels, shading or issues with screen

When you get it on the road, check for wheel alignment - the car shouldn't turn on its own...
Drive on a rough street or road but be careful of gravel and rocks. Check out the ride. It's a little stiff in a Model 3. Oh well...
Find a nice stretch of clear highway and stand on it. See how it accelerates BUT HAVE A CARE! If you haven't experienced launching in a Tesla, be prepared to get pressed into your seat.
Watch your speed. To me I felt the car was going at nominal speed, looked down and I was doing 105.
Listen for anything you think might be abnormal. Maybe make a recording.

When you get home, RTFM! If you have a few days before delivery, you can download the manual to take your mind off waiting. Read it. Really. There's stuff in there you won't readily find elsewhere, and you might find an Easter Egg or two.
Then go through every page and set or reset EVERY item to your preferences. Set max charge to 80 or 90 depending on your particular religious persuasion.
Learn how to reset the screen (the two button method). Go ahead and power down the car and bring it up again. Really. Tends to fix problems.
And make sure the brightness is set to at least 30 in manual then engage automatic. The first TURO Tesla I rented, at dusk the screen went blank. I pulled over and with oblique light I was able to find the slider and raise the brightness. Then I cleaned out my shorts and continued.
Humorous anecdote: I had stopped at the Ft. Worth Supercharger to top off enroute Abilene. I had probably 20 minutes and 30 miles total time. Plugged in for the first time, settled down to read the manual and - HOLY *sugar*! I SMELL SMOKE! I set Condition Panic aboard ship, exited the car at the speed of light, only to discover there is a BBQ joint on the other side of the fence. Still living that one down...

Learn how to get into car wash mode. be careful, if you are on a slope, the car will roll. Learn how to put the car in Neutral, learn how to put the car in Park.
I am sure you will not have many if any issues. But if you see something, speak up. Take notes and PICTURES.
I found a dimple in the frame above the drivers door, it was a round dent, but paint was OK. Missed that one. Mentioned it 3 months later, they fixed it for fee, no hassle.
The TACC may take up to 100 miles to calibrate. Don't play with TACC until you have a couple of hours as Pilot In Command before you check it out.
I can't speak for FSD, alas, I am not a fan of same.
I may get some flak on this, but for at least the first 3-6 months, wash the car by hand. Two bucket method. I am convinced the paint will cure as the car ages,
it just seems a little soft at first. After about a year I went to the carwash at Grapevine Supercharger. The manager is a former detailer at the Dallas delivery center. They use soft cloth cleaners, and clean them morning Noon and afternoon. TGSV and TBB looked factory fresh with a once a month "The Works". But check out the car ash yourself. Get the car fully cleaned and clayed then waxed and POLISHED every 6 months if you can. Remember, Real Men Wash Their Own Cars...

Learn how to use the charging adapter. Plug it into a convenient 110V outlet. You should see it charge as about 11-12 amps, 6 MPH.
Set the wireless internet to your system if you are in range. That's the channel for getting upgrades. I had to put a wireless extender in the outlet next to the car and it worked fine. You'll probably get notification of a software update overnight. YMMV.

Check out Abstract Ocean, Evannex, and any of the other supporters of TMC. Show a little love. YouTube has a ton of great videos with howtos and general knowledge. Checkout Teslatap for their charging guide. I use a 50 Amp circuit on a Wall Charging Adapter for TGSV only because I need to be charged up all the time as I am on call to go fix broken transmitters 40-50 miles away at a moment's notice. The Blue Bunny has never known anything but 110V/15A, and is doing well, thank you.

Buy your new friend a nice welcome home gift. The personalized license plate frame and the upgraded puddle lights are a good start. The cup holder inserts are nice, those things are a bear to clean out if you get a leaky/sweaty cup.

The original Good Ship Venus looked factory new when I sold it after 19 months and 25K miles. And it lived outside, alas. It is now a TURO car and gets high marks for looks.

And remember, you will get answers here from folks who are as passionate about your new car as you. In my world, there are no dumb questions.

Sorry for the long post. It's late and I get even more wordy. Read through the above and see that it's mostly common sense. But please, Read The Fine Manual.

Bottom line, you are very VERY likely to get an almost perfect car when The Day comes. Take a deep breath, and enjoy the moment. Commit it to memory. Like your first big date. But better. Lots better. The pain around your mouth from The Tesla Grin will eventually fade, but TTG never fades.

It is considered polite to wave or blink your lights at an oncoming Tesla, and of course a smile and wave at the kindred soul in the one pulled up next to you is good on any occasion. It is, however, considered gauche to honk. Annoys the riffraff, don'tcha know?

Bottom line, the folks at the Service/Delivery Centers really want you to be happy. Tell them your concerns and I betcha you will be pleased with the results.
I gave the guys each a Whataburger gift card. It couldn't hoit!
Hope this helps!

Yours for Better Television,
-- Doc
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing this.

View attachment 737974

Congrats!!! It looks beautiful! I believe I have the exact same spec incoming. :)
How did their lot look? Full of new deliveries?!

OD 11/04 here, still waiting on vin.

• Love
Reactions: drdumont
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I am reading very good reviews that their ride is comfortable, quiet and stable, although other comments have spoken to poor tread life. We drive only about 11-12K year, so not so concerned about that. Best wishes and thanks again
You are welcome. Obviously can't say anything for the tread life but I could agree with the comfort, quiet and stability. That is about my yearly mileage also. Enjoy your new ride.