Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m afraid I’ve been trapped in the same black hole as you bro… 3rd edd change this morning. 2 days out from start of window and they kicked me back 2 weeks. I’m going nuts and your order is almost 2 months older than mine! I really can’t believe you don’t have a car yet…

I may cancel my order if this continues. I love the idea of Tesla but if their customer service is going to be as awful for owners as it is for orders I don’t want the car. My local shop (Santa Barbara CA) gives me only one word responses when I call them. My SA has never responded to texts or emails, including a request for a new SA. When I called corporate last week to talk about scheduling delivery and my holiday travel plans I was told my order was on track for my old edd (12/1-12/15 so I was okay to order my tickets. Now my EDD is 12-14-12/31 and I’ll be out of state half that time.

When I bought my BMW i3 a few years ago I got regular texts and calls from my dealer, they worked with me on pricing, and they gave me 2 YEARS of free charging at EVGO.

Does anyone have an actual positive experience with Tesla service? Anyone else in SB have experience at our god awful service center? I drove past the Camarillo center on Thanksgiving and saw cars on the lot… maybe I should put in a second order there and see if they fill it more quickly
I use the SB location and my SA has been pretty good. I haven’t called but just came into this expecting for the dates to move.

OD: 11/9
EDD: 12/20-12/31
EDD: 2/6-3/6
EDD: 12/6-12/31

test 123
Congrats! I drove by the Mt. Kisco location and they were loaded with cars. My Order date was 11/1 and now my EDD is this week! I suspect that I got moved up due to another customer putting their order on hold.
I texted with our advisor today and though we have VIN assigned they said our vehicle was still in transit to the east coast. (Expecting 12/9 -12/16ish arrival in Mt. Kisco) .You would think there is some sort of priority involved and the ones that are there are for people like @EV70 who have been waiting a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV70
Hang in there. Have you chatted with them via the chat function from their site?
I have an email chain with my local SA. I sent an email this morning to ask them if I was even close in line. I'm sure I will get nothing meaning full back. I spoke with them a month ago and he told me he could see me in the production queue and I would get my car early December. Then within two weeks I got bumped a month.

I’m picking up in Mt.Kisco as well. I mentioned in an earlier post that I drove by yesterday while running errands and the lot was full of cars waiting to be delivered. Last week the lot was pretty bare with the exception of a few Ys.
Oh so sorry… new here! Thanks for the reply! Hopefully will hear more news this week. I did get the trade in text on fri 11/26!

Reactions: Renoir
test 123

I texted with our advisor today and though we have VIN assigned they said our vehicle was still in transit to the east coast. (Expecting 12/9 -12/16ish arrival in Mt. Kisco) .You would think there is some sort of priority involved and the ones that are there are for people like @EV70 who have been waiting a bit.
For sure regarding the prioritization of folks like @EV70. I still believe that I’m getting someone’s postponed order.

On my app switching between solar and my Model3’s “We’re building your car” when swiping I notice a battery low charge…. Hmmmmmm… I have no VIN yet and this just started today

OD: Nov 6
EDD: Dec 22-31

E834B137-AC35-4725-8FFA-508CEC9CBEC2.jpeg

I do not thinks you NEED to get insurance or the down payment. You just need to take care of that before you pick it up — Once you can book your delivery date you have 2 days maybe 3 to get that all taken care of.

By not paying your down payment tor insurance I do not believe that will delay anything. You just need it before you pickup the car. Most insurance companies will back date the insurance card as well as get it to you same day. So I don’t think any of thing would be a problem? But I’m brand new to this too — But I ALSO (like you) did get insurance with faith in the delivery date (next week). So HOPFULY I’m not in the same situation as you here in a week….
You're right, however I was originally scheduled to pick up the M3 on November 22nd and had insurance to start that day as it's required to take delivery. On November 21st I received a text stating they didn't know where my car is and delivery date will be pushed back to December 1st, 2 days ago I got another text saying they didn't know where the car is and the date was pushed back to the 6th.

So I HAD to have insurance foe the 11/22 date.

How did you do this?

How do you do this. Are you referring to text?
No, it’s an email. I got an email response when I sent a message back in August asking about the referral program. Oh yeah, when I ordered mine they still had the referral program where I can get some free charging. They ended that right after I ordered. I saved the email and use that to correspond. The only time he called me it came from the general Tesla number.

I’m afraid I’ve been trapped in the same black hole as you bro… 3rd edd change this morning. 2 days out from start of window and they kicked me back 2 weeks. I’m going nuts and your order is almost 2 months older than mine! I really can’t believe you don’t have a car yet…

I may cancel my order if this continues. I love the idea of Tesla but if their customer service is going to be as awful for owners as it is for orders I don’t want the car. My local shop (Santa Barbara CA) gives me only one word responses when I call them. My SA has never responded to texts or emails, including a request for a new SA. When I called corporate last week to talk about scheduling delivery and my holiday travel plans I was told my order was on track for my old edd (12/1-12/15 so I was okay to order my tickets. Now my EDD is 12-14-12/31 and I’ll be out of state half that time.

When I bought my BMW i3 a few years ago I got regular texts and calls from my dealer, they worked with me on pricing, and they gave me 2 YEARS of free charging at EVGO.

Does anyone have an actual positive experience with Tesla service? Anyone else in SB have experience at our god awful service center? I drove past the Camarillo center on Thanksgiving and saw cars on the lot… maybe I should put in a second order there and see if they fill it more quickly
Customer service at Tesla isn't what you might experience at a traditional dealership. It may feel more impersonal, but upon reflection, it's way better!

Congrats!!! It looks beautiful! I believe I have the exact same spec incoming. :)
How did their lot look? Full of new deliveries?!

OD 11/04 here, still waiting on vin.
Thanks!! Admittedly, I didn't pay super close attention because my eyes were glued to my car the whole time. 😅 I think there were quite a few new deliveries...It was a little hard to tell which ones were new because all the cars there looked good, but some in the side/back lot where mine was charging still had protective wrap on them – so I assume many/most in that lot were new deliveries. Couldn't give you a number, though...

It did seem like maybe they had only been scheduling a few people at a time for delivery appointments, as I only noticed 1-2 other people who appeared to be checking over their new ride.

Hope you get yours soon! It's going to be worth the wait...Guaranteed!

Reactions: pctweakz