Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 10/25

EDD: 12/06-12/31
11/19 EDD: 12/07-12/21
11/23 EDD: 12/16-12/31
11/25 EDD: 12/09 - 12/21
11/29 EDD: 12/11 - 12/17 -- VIN hidden in DOM
11/30: SA contacted to schedule delivery

DD Scheduled: 12/17

M3LR/White/White interior/ 18" / No FSD
Nice, exciting… similar bump this morning after agreeing with Tesla Vision, moved to Dec 11-17… still no VIN however…

Where did you hear about 30 day limit for when you are scheduled for delivery? Because I had a VIN and had to let the car go. They did not give me an option of holding the car. From what I know they do not hold cars they just give it to the next person in line.
You have 3 days to pick up the car or they give it to someone else. You can put your order on hold for up to 30 days before they can cancel your order. Once you take it off hold, you could be waiting for a while, but your pricing is still protected.

Where did you hear about 30 day limit for when you are scheduled for delivery? Because I had a VIN and had to let the car go. They did not give me an option of holding the car. From what I know they do not hold cars they just give it to the next person in line.

It's mentioned in their order agreement.

Delivery; Transfer of Title. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will no#fy you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other loca#on as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our no#fica#on or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first a=empt to no#fy you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

From what I’ve seen people have only been given 3 days within the initial offered delivery date before they release the car to someone else. I don’t think I’ve seen cases where they will hold the car for 30 days. There are a few recent cases here where people had to give up their vin since they weren’t able to pick up in that 3 day window.

It's mentioned in their order agreement.
I think the 30 days referenced is more a way to give tesla leeway to cancel your order if you don’t pick up within a certain window after they offer you the first car. I think they’ve been pretty flexible about that 30 day window part, but from some reports of recent emails some customers have gotten that have delayed over longer period of times sounds like they’re getting more strict about that.

OD: 10/25

EDD: 12/06-12/31
11/19 EDD: 12/07-12/21
11/23 EDD: 12/16-12/31
11/25 EDD: 12/09 - 12/21
11/29 EDD: 12/11 - 12/17 -- VIN hidden in DOM
11/30: SA contacted to schedule delivery

DD Scheduled: 12/17

M3LR/White/White interior/ 18" / No FSD
Forgive my ignorance… “VIN hidden in DOM”… what’s DOM? I feel I should know this… but sadly dont…

Usage patterns are unique to the car owner. But overall, bery, very few people need either amount of charging (I.e. 30 or 37). OEMs push the fastest possible home charging (i.e. highest amperage) so as to reassure customers that EV ownership is doable. But, in many regions the average daily commute is <50 miles round trip. YMMV, pardon the pun.

Agreed. I have run two teslas for almost two years now off of only 6-20 outlets.

Update for the Phoenix area. EDD changed

Update for the Phx area folks. EDD updated on 11/26. Went to 11/30-12/10. In the middle of the night got VIN and vision agreement, today got text to schedule delivery date. Home delivery set up for Friday 12/3. Not bad at all for order date of 10/20. Also we sold our 2019 Model 3 SR+ with 22,000 miles to Carbuyerusa for $42500, $3500 more than we paid.
Awesome! Also in PHX and my OD was 11/22 and my EDD is 12/16-12/31 so I'm hoping with M3LR W/B, no FSD this is pumped out pretty quick! Still waiting to wake up to that EDD moved up 2 weeks since I'm leaving on the 23rd until NYE. I don't want my delivery to be when I'm gone haha. Ugh! Can you imagine the agony?! :)

Reactions: 7rugby
Getting worried about my order, EDD just changed to February and if I don't take delivery by mid January ill have no choice but to cancel the order.

OD: 10/10 (M3LR Blue/Blk/Aero no FSD), Long Island, NY

10/10 EDD: 11/23-12/10
11/8 EDD: 12/12-12/31
11/28 EDD: 1/26-2/23

I made sure to order it when the delivery estimate was still 2021 and I know that isn't a promised delivery date, but to push it back until February seems unfair. I needed the car by January 18th at the latest since my current lease ends early January which is why i ordered it in early October. otherwise I would've waited.

Getting worried about my order, EDD just changed to February and if I don't take delivery by mid January ill have no choice but to cancel the order.

OD: 10/10 (M3LR Blue/Blk/Aero no FSD), Long Island, NY

10/10 EDD: 11/23-12/10
11/8 EDD: 12/12-12/31
11/28 EDD: 1/26-2/23

I made sure to order it when the delivery estimate was still 2021 and I know that isn't a promised delivery date, but to push it back until February seems unfair. I needed the car by January 18th at the latest since my current lease ends early January which is why i ordered it in early October. otherwise I would've waited.
That's my config too, but with FSD (but that's a SW fix), and I'm waiting on an 8/15 order for Mt Kisco delivery. Either that's a popular config or extremely unpopular and Tesla doesn't like making them. Based on what you are seeing, I think it's more and more likely I'll be looking at a February delivery at best. But if I get bumped again, I may just put in another order for a white/black out of Jersey or Brooklyn and see which comes first.

That's my config too, but with FSD (but that's a SW fix), and I'm waiting on an 8/15 order for Mt Kisco delivery. Either that's a popular config or extremely unpopular and Tesla doesn't like making them. Based on what you are seeing, I think it's more and more likely I'll be looking at a February delivery at best. But if I get bumped again, I may just put in another order for a white/black out of Jersey or Brooklyn and see which comes first.
I've seen others claim to receive the same spec with a more recent order date. I think they just don't like shipping to the east coast often.