Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do you need to place on hold before you get a VIN if you want to push delivery into the new year (we are 30 days out) or can you push delivery 30 days once you get a VIN, as I think I saw you have to take delivery within 3 days once scheduled? I would prefer to wait until 1/1/21 like the masses, but also don't want to go to the back of the line. But without getting a VIN yet (current window 12/13-12/27), I am wondering if they would let me push delivery to like 1/2/21 at this point if a VIN were to get assigned this week.

52 Hours and counting for a Red LR w black int and aero wheels.... With Production on the rise and Tax Break holds the delivery schedules are going nuts and I personaly would expect this. The focus has shifted to economy of deliveries over end of quarter numbers. From what I have read the quarter numbers will probably be great. This said you could order today and the wheel of fortune could deliver a car in a week or months. Be patient as these are once in a life events that just might Save The Planet. Just imagine sharing some of your charge during the day to help fight shortages on the grid and getting the power back before you leave work!

My pick up is in about 30 hours, I received a confirmation email yesterday from an Advisor and this morning I received an automated message asking to confirm the appointment. This has to be the best car purchasing experience I’ve ever had (well over 20 cars) as This was done completely online/automated!

My Order date was 11/1, so all in all the process took 32 days.

The Deity is having sport with me. Just got a text that they could deliver to the house tomorrow between 1200 and 1400. I spent time yesterday moving appointments to tomorrow so I would be clear all day Friday. To quote To Hanks, "You're KILLING me, Alice!".
In desperation I asked for 0600-1000 or after 1600.
Again with the waiting game...

OD of 11/22 pretty lucky to get last two weeks of December. Hopefully it comes in before you leave.
Well it happened. I half suspected it would but was remaining hopeful that the original EDD would stay put - but with the Holiday's fast approaching I figured it wouldn't hold up.

OD: 11/22
Original EDD: Dec. 16-31
1st Revised EDD: Jan. 06 - Feb. 03 (quite a large window lol)

Who knows. Maybe next week I wake up with a vin. :) Definitely should not have gotten rid of my truck early :(

Reactions: drdumont
Same here. @EV70 has been waiting since August. It's crazy.
We are friends with a guy who used to be a "Delivery Adviser". Remember, in Texas, they can't talk to you about sales or price or anything, but they can deal with you for delivery. He now runs the body shop. We talked about the game of Jenga mixed with Chinese Checkers mixed with 52 Pickup Tesla plays. The logistics of trucking, rail, transfer, stupid state regulations, Quarterly Reports, and now of course "COVID". (Dammit, everyone blames everything from hens who won't lay, cattle who dry up, cancer, the clap, hemorrhoids and The Heartbreak of Psoriasis on COVID. <Climbs down off soapbox> <harrumph>).
And toss in the bureaucracy involved with selling in taboo states.
Bottom line is there doesn't really seem to be a master plan. I woandered if there was a big Corporate Dart Board, and he suggested maybe a Quija Board.

Laugh of the day... One of the scions of a major statewide ICEV dealership network is campaigning to unseat our current bought and paid for by NADA Fearless Elected State Leader. I ran across him at a press conference and (of course, wearing my red Tesla hat) told him I would campaign for him, wear his tee shirt, underwear or whatever, even contribute if he would add a stated promise to stop the No Tesla Sales in Texas idiocy to his platform. He replied "it is under consideration". I am still laughing. So solly, Mr. Huffines...

<UPDATE> As I was typing, they wrote they will leave the car in the driveway with key cards. I can unlock with the app. No signature, no "show me some ID and Insurance", just drop it off like an Amazon box. Wow. That's really new! So I'm rolling the dice...

Alice, move over... I'm going through the looking glass first!

Last edited:
I accepted delivery on Sunday and have had so much fun with my new Model 3 that I forgot to update! 🤣 Delivery was smooth and painless -took about 30 minutes for inspection and signatures. There were no panel gaps, scratches, unusual noises or interior issues, except that it did not have working USB ports/charging pad. So I am waiting for my SA to inform me of when the equipment comes in for the install.

Config: M3LR/Red/Black/19"/FSD/Savannah, GA
OD: 9/26
VIN Received: 11/9 via email
DD: 11/28
63 days from order to delivery

I accepted delivery on Sunday and have had so much fun with my new Model 3 that I forgot to update! 🤣 Delivery was smooth and painless -took about 30 minutes for inspection and signatures. There were no panel gaps, scratches, unusual noises or interior issues, except that it did not have working USB ports/charging pad. So I am waiting for my SA to inform me of when the equipment comes in for the install.

Config: M3LR/Red/Black/19"/FSD/Savannah, GA
OD: 9/26
VIN Received: 11/9 via email
DD: 11/28
63 days from order to delivery
Mazel Tov! Enjoy!

Another blow against the FUDI mongers!

Reactions: Cezar
EDD moving all over the place! As of today we are back to December delivery!!

Austin, Texas

LongRangeAWD/Grey/White/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27
EDD on 11/27: January 14-February 11
EDD on 12/1: December 19-31

EDD moving all over the place! As of today we are back to December delivery!!

Austin, Texas

LongRangeAWD/Grey/White/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27
EDD on 11/27: January 14-February 11
EDD on 12/1: December 19-31
See. This is exactly why I'm not holding onto the EDD. As far as I know I could wake up and the EDD is next week. The way I see it. I've waited years to get a Tesla. What's a few months more? Outside of the fact we are down to 1 car and that SUCKS. lol

Well it happened. I half suspected it would but was remaining hopeful that the original EDD would stay put - but with the Holiday's fast approaching I figured it wouldn't hold up.

OD: 11/22
Original EDD: Dec. 16-31
1st Revised EDD: Jan. 06 - Feb. 03 (quite a large window lol)

Who knows. Maybe next week I wake up with a vin. :) Definitely should not have gotten rid of my truck early :(
Yeah, typically it is either a 4-week or 2-week window.

Reactions: drdumont