Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if this is accurate, wouldn't it make sense to not even have a hold and just reject delivery until the timing lines up with jan 2022? Tesla is so confusing haha everyone gets different answers.
From my understanding the 3 day window is when they have an actual delivery date set up for you. If I am remembering correctly, the 30 day window is available after your get your VIN assigned. It’s all confusing and it seems to vary with what SA you talk to so who knows.

Reactions: drdumont
From my understanding the 3 day window is when they have an actual delivery date set up for you. If I am remembering correctly, the 30 day window is available after your get your VIN assigned. It’s all confusing and it seems to vary with what SA you talk to so who knows.
Sorry to clarify, I meant like, repeatedly decline delivery until you get a car with a date in 2022 LOL. seems ratchet but oh well

Delivery day! Not to put a damper on anyone's excitement but what a ****ing DISASTER. Lady came to my house right on time (great) but the car is covered in scratches, through the clear coat, on the front bumper and rear fender. Well *sugar*, I really need a car I got a sick cat that needs to go to the vet now so ill accept delivery and get it fixed. Wait, I said I wanted my plate transferred and gave them all of the required info. Why do I have a new plate, why did I pay for registration on a new plate. What the **** Tesla.

At least I have usb and wireless charging works
Have done the transfer of personalized license plate as well. How did that work? I filled out all the necessary info and take delivery tomorrow. Wonder if our old personalized plate is what we use until we get a new one for the tesla? not sure. what are your thoughts?

Delivery day today at Clarkston, MI. It was not very busy, just a few others picking up their cars.

OD 9/24. EDD bounced around a bunch, but today was the day! Received messages from the delivery center both yesterday and the day before asking if I wanted to take the car early. My schedule wouldn't allow it so today it was.

Missing front USB ports and wireless charging. One employee I talked to seemed completely caught off guard by this when I mentioned it to him. He then checked with his people and yep, I should have been notified in advance, and a mobile service would fix the issue in about a week once they get the parts in. No problem for me, known issue and I just caught the bad luck this time. Can still charge phone via cord through the rear ports. Guy picking up his Y same time as me had all the ports.

Paint was in good condition, no issue. Then I got to see Tesla's legendary panel gaps. Nothing is seriously misaligned, but it seems several (most?) panels are just slightly off. A mm here, half a mm there. Gaps just slightly asymmetrical. Its not perfect. Coming from BMW, the difference here is clear. Not a major problem, its just not as perfect as you'd like for a brand new car. One of the doors does not pass the 10 ft test, not sure if it's the trim, or the door is seated sightly lower than it should. Doesn't affect the function at all, just noticeable. Will address when the mobile service visit comes.

I found myself asking myself "is this being too nitpicky? is the fact that the charging door is just barely misaligned being too anal about it?" Unfortunately, Tesla's reputation for these issues had me going over the car with a fine tooth comb and a printed checklist, so I kept questioning whether I was really just finding tiny imperfections because I was looking so hard. Really when one steps back to the 10 foot distance, the car looks great! It is definitely very beautiful in person with that new car polish & shine! It just doesn't pass that 6"-12" distance test in a few places, hopefully with Berlin & Austin coming, that will improve.

Driving experience is just wonderful. Love the minimalist interior, and fitment on the interior surfaces is great!
LOVED that the car was already sitting there with a finalized, real license plate, and the registration already completed & waiting for me. The way Tesla handles paperwork is FAR superior to any other car buying experience IMO.

Appreciated that one employee came out & unlocked the car to allow me to completely inspect it, before I had to accept delivery within the app. Other than the charging ports and obsessing about minor panel gaps, very smooth experience for me.

Overall 8/10 delivery experience, very happy with my purchase as the car sits in my driveway refueling right now. But will be on the look out for competitors around 2025-27 to compare.

Very glad I didn't delay delivery. Last night at 2:30am on the way home from a work trip, my car with 330k miles had a breakdown. Perfect timing, had that old car taken to the junkyard this afternoon.

Hope everyone who wants a car ASAP gets one! And everyone wanting to delay, gets to delay to their perfect delivery timing.

OD: 11/2
M3LR White/black/19”/no FSD

EDD 1: 11/30-12/28

No updates yet

Finally pulled the trigger… and I find myself checking the app/email every few hours 😬. Is this normal? 🤦🏻‍♂️
So, I decided to email Tesla in Vancouver this morning to ask for an update... literally just 10 minutes ago, Telsa in Richmond called and said they have 'my' car coming in on Dec.5 and if I wanted to take it (I originally chose Vancouver pick up). Of course i said YES!.. Sounds like a proposal....

Anyway, scheduled for delivery on Friday, 12/10 @ 11am, possibly sooner if I can get time off during the week.

All in all, I had ONE EDD update... this morning... 12/04-12/28.

Vision Agreement signed, but no VIN yet...

Reactions: hamelm and marcooo
So, I decided to email Tesla in Vancouver this morning to ask for an update... literally just 10 minutes ago, Telsa in Richmond called and said they have 'my' car coming in on Dec.5 and if I wanted to take it (I originally chose Vancouver pick up). Of course i said YES!.. Sounds like a proposal....

Anyway, scheduled for delivery on Friday, 12/10 @ 11am, possibly sooner if I can get time off during the week.

All in all, I had ONE EDD update... this morning... 12/04-12/28.

Vision Agreement signed, but no VIN yet...
That's great man! Super happy for you! :)

I texted them yesterday but they don't have any news about the next shipment.
He just told me that as soon as I get my Vin it'll mean that the truck is on its way. I just need to be out of town next weekend for 3 or 4 days and my feelings is they will want to deliver my car during those days 🤦

Reactions: Batz89
First full day of driving with the Model 3 and things are mostly positive.

Notable notes that may or may not be of use for those soon to pick up:
  1. Two trim issues. One where the panel on the passenger side near the frunk is noticeably higher than the driver side. The other, a strange bulge in the driver rear seat interior trim near the window. Service scheduled for late December.
  2. USB C ports inside the center console are powered, but I can’t get anything to talk to the infotainment system with it. Controllers or SSDs just don’t work with it. Glove box USB works with SSDs and controllers. Troubleshooting points to the car, but I’m still working it out.
  3. Trying full self driving for the month. Since I have a short commute, I can’t see myself using (or paying for) this outside of long road trips.
  4. Auto park should be moved to autopilot. I could see myself upgrading to enhanced autopilot if given the opportunity.
  5. Software is on 2021.35.103 and will likely be there for a while.
  6. 240V 20A NEMA 5-20 outlet works great. Getting 11-15 miles per hour of charge. Don’t need anything higher, personally.

Reactions: oscar208
That's great man! Super happy for you! :)

I texted them yesterday but they don't have any news about the next shipment.
He just told me that as soon as I get my Vin it'll mean that the truck is on its way. I just need to be out of town next weekend for 3 or 4 days and my feelings is they will want to deliver my car during those days 🤦
Hopefully it’ll be here before you leave!

Reactions: marcooo
Ordered 10/20 (Brooklyn)
LR AWD
Blue/Black/Aero/No FSD

1st EDD 11/30-12/28
New EDD as of today 1/19-2/16

My car’s registration is due in the middle January. It looks like I’ll have to pay for a year’s registration, but, only get a few weeks out of it.

Any chance the M3 could come earlier in January?