Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am soooo sick and tired of constantly thinking about this... I'm over checking the app multiple times an hour and having daydreams about owning a tesla. It's consumed most of my day to day thoughts. It's pure cancer.. I wish I could just get this car already. I really feel for the people that have been waiting multiple months and still have nothing.

The waiting sucks, for sure. It’s also very disappointing that just as Tesla is finally capable of going full Death Star on car production we end up with a world wide supply chain problem…

It will be worth the wait though. The 3/Y are an absolute blast to drive and the best driving experience I have ever had. I have serious reservations about VO autopilot but … at least on the manual driving side, Tesla has it nailed.

Well I was wrong. I thought for sure that on Sunday I would be bumped to February. They didn't wait that long. I got bumped this morning. It's jaw dropping. I've sent a note to Mt Kisco asking for a call back. There has to be some insight into why I'm waiting so long.

M3LR/DBM/Black/Aero/FSD

OD: 8/15
EDD1: 9/7-9/30
EDD2: 10/16-11/18
EDD3: 11/12 - 12/14
EDD4: 12/7 - 12/31
EDD 5: 1/26 - 2/23

Exact dates may be off slightly. Can't even keep track anymore. I clearly have angered the Tesla gods.
At this point, would it be faster if you changed your pick up location to say Smithtown Long Island? This is crazy.

EDD Update

OD: 11/1
1st EDD: 12/15-12/31
2nd EDD: 12/8-12/22
VIN Received: 11/29
3rd EDD: 12/14-12/17
Current EDD: 12/10-12/16
No delivery day scheduled

Anyone in the northeast have an EDD change? Wondering if deliveries are being pushed quicker.
Called the customer support line and they said that my cars arriving on the 12th and I’ll be able to pick up on the 14th, 15th or 16th!

Well I was wrong. I thought for sure that on Sunday I would be bumped to February. They didn't wait that long. I got bumped this morning. It's jaw dropping. I've sent a note to Mt Kisco asking for a call back. There has to be some insight into why I'm waiting so long.

M3LR/DBM/Black/Aero/FSD

OD: 8/15
EDD1: 9/7-9/30
EDD2: 10/16-11/18
EDD3: 11/12 - 12/14
EDD4: 12/7 - 12/31
EDD 5: 1/26 - 2/23

Exact dates may be off slightly. Can't even keep track anymore. I clearly have angered the Tesla gods.
Very interested in seeing what they say since I’m waiting on the same car

Blue/White 19"
Toronto
OD 26/11
EDD1: February
EDD2: 16/12-31/12
That's a nice change. My OD was 11/22 White/Black,Aero,No FSD

1st EDD: 12/16-12/31
2nd EDD: 1/06 - 02/03

These dates are so bizarre to me. I really wish they'd give you some kind of production tracking so you can follow your car. Then if by some miracle you get lucky and get a car someone canceled then it just says "Here's your vin." Wishful thinking

Another Indy update:
M3lR White / Black Interior / Aero Wheels

Ordered: 11/04/2021
1st EDD: (Order Day ETA) 12/01 - 12/24
2nd EDD: (11/23) 12/10 - 12/24
3rd EDD: (11/28) 12/12 - 12/16 | Received Trade in Text in the early AM. Hours later in the day, on my 75th of 100 App refreshes for the day, Vision agreement was present, accepted, and VIN was received. Another few hours later, ETA changed to the 4 day window listed prior to this wall of text.
4th EDD: (11/30) 12/08 - 12/14

On 12/01, I received a text right around noon that was fairly lengthy. To sum it up: We're excited for your upcoming tesla ownership. Stuff about conducting contactless deliveries and how it works. Introductory information being available. Links to support videos / Q&A Virtual Orientation / Tesla Shop. It also states "If you haven't already, you'll be receiving a text to self-schedule your upcoming delivery as that exciting day nears.

I also received a short response from my advisor stating everything looked good on their end (I had asked about possibility of it arriving sooner / did I miss anything since I haven't gotten a delivery date yet or text / etc.). But nothing in regards to delivery date or a text or an app update as of yet.

Every time I say to myself... nothing is changing... stop checking the app and let things happen. Something updates and my anxiety increases 10x. 😅

Hopefully the text arrives here soon... Trying everything I can not to call them for an over the phone update... lol

Reactions: drdumont and hamelm
EDD just got delayed this morning from 12/01 - 12/15 to 12/05 - 12/30 :(
Ordered on 10/30

I expected the pushback, didn't expect the estimate widening.
Are you also yet to receive a VIN# and/or trade-in text? Have an ODD a couple days earlier (10/28) but have the exact same EDD’s and changes this morning. Also in Phoenix so I’m guessing our cars should be on the same train eventually

Last edited:
Short story. Was told The Good Ship Venus would be delivered today instead of picking up tomorrow. Said 1200-1400. OK Whatever.
At 11:15 got a text telling me it was on the way, I would get another text when it was near. Then at 1207 I got a text that said it was here. Looked outside and yup, they were correct. No one in sight. No sign, no nuthin, just an incredibly beautiful car. Text said open Tesla app and it would unlock. Then it said it might take 2 minutes. 20 minutes later I am lighting up the phone. It diasppeared off the Tesla app. Tesla app now locked up. Just like the car. Finally got someone on the phone going thru "chat" on Tesla page. Heard a honk. Success! 2 card keys in black folder in console. Can't see them, it's black in there. Delete Tesla app from phone, reload. All good. Introduce other cards and phones.
You know what? I DON'T CARE! It's HERE!
OBTW, while waiting, and dodging traffic in the street (I asked for delivery in back, but...), I went over the car inch by inch. Absolutely effing perfect in every way. I can't find a blemish. Went through the car bumper to bumper, tracks to the stack, inside and out. (Can;t confirm USB thing, I can't see it in the glare out there and I am out of time). And the red paint is much brighter than my 2020 brighter. Looks almost like the Chevy Red of old (my favorite).
To all the FUDI mongers, please go somewhere and micturate along a given length of woven sisal. This car is showroom perfect.
Thanks to all the long suffering readers who have been along for this ride. And to all of you waiting, waiting, wondering...

I hope every one of you gets a notice that your car is outside right now and you receive as perfect a car as I have.

I'll be back in a few days...

Short story. Was told The Good Ship Venus would be delivered today instead of picking up tomorrow. Said 1200-1400. OK Whatever.
At 11:15 got a text telling me it was on the way, I would get another text when it was near. Then at 1207 I got a text that said it was here. Looked outside and yup, they were correct. No one in sight. No sign, no nuthin, just an incredibly beautiful car. Text said open Tesla app and it would unlock. Then it said it might take 2 minutes. 20 minutes later I am lighting up the phone. It diasppeared off the Tesla app. Tesla app now locked up. Just like the car. Finally got someone on the phone going thru "chat" on Tesla page. Heard a honk. Success! 2 card keys in black folder in console. Can't see them, it's black in there. Delete Tesla app from phone, reload. All good. Introduce other cards and phones.
You know what? I DON'T CARE! It's HERE!
OBTW, while waiting, and dodging traffic in the street (I asked for delivery in back, but...), I went over the car inch by inch. Absolutely effing perfect in every way. I can't find a blemish. Went through the car bumper to bumper, tracks to the stack, inside and out. (Can;t confirm USB thing, I can't see it in the glare out there and I am out of time). And the red paint is much brighter than my 2020 brighter. Looks almost like the Chevy Red of old (my favorite).
To all the FUDI mongers, please go somewhere and micturate along a given length of woven sisal. This car is showroom perfect.
Thanks to all the long suffering readers who have been along for this ride. And to all of you waiting, waiting, wondering...

I hope every one of you gets a notice that your car is outside right now and you receive as perfect a car as I have.

I'll be back in a few days...
Congrats! It sounds like fewer imperfections in recent deliveries.

Reactions: drdumont