Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon/Evening everyone…
Just received the “Invitation pre-delivery TeslaTALK session” email…
“… you must attend…” and “… imperative…” kinda language seems a little scary to me…
With help from everyone here and a “mild” google obsession with Tesla, I’m fairly confident in my skills and abilities to get through delivery day unscathed… Now? I’m not so sure…

Has anyone taken the session? Worth my time?

Thanks… really appreciate everyone…
I never got anything like this during my wait.

I'm thinking of ordering MSM or White from Brooklyn and take whichever comes first. Just want to talk to my SA first, but of course they haven't responded to my email. I'll wait it out today, then call the Tesla number tomorrow which will just give me some random person.
You can also check for new M3s in your zip. If one is on the site (or there are some we can't see that only Tesla intranet/VPN sees) then they can assign you that vin. Worth a shot. I check my zip everyday. 2 performance were available today but I'm not tryna spend $70k on a small sedan.

Aloha! Lurking for a bit and so happy for all the information I’ve learned thus far!

Anyone else in Hawaii expecting delivery soon?

M3LR
MSM
BLACK INTERIOR
19” WHEELS

OD 11/9
1st DD: Dec 1-31
2nd DD: Jan 14 - Feb 14
3rd DD: Dec 1-31
4th DD: Dec 6 -31
5th DD: Dec 13-31
No VIN yet.

Today is the day, 33 days from placing the order. I feel really fortunate that it happen so quickly, hearing that folks are awaiting orders placed all the way back in August. Is it possible that it was quicker because I ordered the most basic spec: White/black aero no FSD. Also, when I placed the order, I didn’t add a trade and selected cash payment. When the EDD shortened, I received a text regarding a trade I added one, then accepted Tesla’s high offer. I then waited until the 2nd EDD change and receipt of the VIN, to switch to financing. The next day I received the “your turn to set up delivery” text.

Today at 4:00pm I pick up my Tesla, delivery was supposed to be 24 hours prior, but received a text “delivery delay, your Tesla didn’t land…” I actually received a call from an SA confirming today’s appointment and to see if I had any questions. To this point everything was done virtually/online, so to hear a voice on the other end of the line, I thought I was getting postponed again or something had happened.

All in all, this has been the best car purchasing experiences, this is #26 and will be hard to top. I hope you all get word soon and get your Teslas.

Last edited:
Excited there is some movement as little as it may be. OD 11/9 EDD just changed from 12/6-12/30 to 12/6-12/19.
M3LR MSM/Black
19”
FSD

Ditto. Updated EDD this morning:

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31

Reactions: CarFan77
Update on M3LR White, black, Aero wheels

OD 11-1
Original estimate 12-3-12-31
Trade in text 11-17
VIN was assigned 11-25
Car was delivered in great shape on 11-26
I was told someone backed out of their reservation so that pushed me up a bit.
Sold 2021 M3SR+ to Givemethevin for 44700 with 19k miles 2 hours before the car was delivered. Givemeth vin was flawless.

Reactions: Renoir
Ideally yes. However, this is a Christmas gift for my wife and I have never been able to do something like this in the past financially so I don't want to ruin it. I am not 100% convinced this EV Credit will pass honestly. My thought was we could always sell, probably at break even or profit, and then buy again in 2022 or 2023. I also wanted to avoid anticipated price changes towards year end. Good luck to you!
Have you seen this SNL skit?

• Funny
Reactions: Plum Loco
Here we go again... Tesla is just teasing me.. Don't they know I'm human? I have emotions...

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27
5th EDD TODAY 12/3 - 12/5-12/18

Still no VIN.. I've checked source as well.

Today is the day, 33 days from placing the order. I feel really fortunate that it happen so quickly, hearing that folks are awaiting orders placed all the way back in August. Is it possible that it was quicker because I ordered the most basic spec: White/black aero no FSD. Also, when I placed the order, I didn’t add a trade and selected cash payment. When the EDD shortened, I received a text regarding a trade I added one, then accepted Tesla’s high offer. I then waited until the 2nd EDD change and receipt of the VIN, to switch to financing. The next day I received the “your turn to set up delivery” text.

Today at 4:00pm I pick up my Tesla, delivery was supposed to be 24 hours prior, but received a text “delivery delay, your Tesla didn’t land…” I actually received a call from an SA confirming today’s appointment and to see if I had any questions. To this point everything was done virtually/online, so to hear a voice on the other end of the line, I thought I was getting postponed again or something had happened.

All in all, this has been the best car purchasing experiences, this is #26 and will be hard to top. I hope you all get word soon and get your Teslas.
Congrats! I am 10 days behind you in my order for the same spec. Anxiously awaiting the EDD to update, and hopefully in my favor. :)

Reactions: Renoir