Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for everyone here.

Was planning on doing a home delivery. My SA stated that the delivery driver CAN accept a cashier's check upon delivery.

However I recalled reading some where in the forums that only deliveries to service centers will accept cashier's check and not home deliveries.

Which is true? TIA

If available are you going to take delivery this year or try to hold for potential tax credit next year?
Oh, next year for certain. Not just for the potential EVTC, but because I retired this year.

The $ to pay for the car is coming from investments and my tax bracket is higher right now than it will be in 2022. My situation is unique, but there's zero financial incentive to accelerate either transaction into 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: opasenBG
M3 LR, Red, pickup in Surrey, BC

Order date: Oct 17
Estimated Delivery on Oct 18 = Dec 11-Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Oct 22 = Nov 25 - Dec 23
Estimated Delivery on Nov 19 = Nov 26 - Dec 10
Estimated Delivery on Nov 23 = Dec 17 - Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Nov 25= Nov 28 - Dec 11
Estimated Delivery on Nov 29= Dec 02 - Dec 14
Estimated Delivery on Dec 3 = Dec 06 - Dec 17

I hate this.. Every 3 days, it moves right 3 days haha No VIN.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3

How agonizing and cruel....

Reactions: Batz89 and cmax640

It’s like I’m looking into my nightmare future. That is absolutely brutal. Do you have an SA that you can, or have, contacted?

The BBB plan doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere.
I wouldn't say that is true. BBB is definitely not stalled anymore. It seems 50/50 that will be a vote in the Senate before the end of the year.

I expect a slimmed down BBB to pass the Senate and House and be signed in early 2022. I think the EV tax credits effective date will remain 1/1/2022 whether the bill gets passed this year or early next year.

The union based EV credits could get removed, but that doesn't affect Tesla anyways. I don't see any danger of the $8k credit Tesla would get being removed.

Reactions: Soap and montanaco
I wouldn't say that is true. BBB is definitely not stalled anymore. It seems 50/50 that will be a vote in the Senate before the end of the year.

I expect a slimmed down BBB to pass the Senate and House and be signed in early 2022. I think the EV tax credits effective date will remain 1/1/2022 whether the bill gets passed this year or early next year.

The union based EV credits could get removed, but that doesn't affect Tesla anyways. I don't see any danger of the $8k credit Tesla would get being removed.
I feel exactly the same way

So not sure how relevant this is to everyone but I got insurance through who i've had insurance for years (Allstate) I've always loved them BUT they were asking for 190$ a month for insurance and that's just a lot.... So I looked at Tesla insurance here in Texas and it's going to be about $119 with a few adds by me. This is cheaper than my current insurance on my xt4.

ALSO what I feel isn't talked about with insurance is there's "in network" and "out of network" insurance auto body shops and not all auto body shops are certified to work on Teslas. So I heard a few horror stories of Tesla owners caught between Tesla, and the insurance company because they could not find an auto body shop "in network" AND are Certified to work on Teslas. I'm hoping going with Tesla insurance this will cut out that as a possible issue.

So I read a TON of reviewed on reddit about positive experiences with Tesla insurance and made the flip! And I feel pretty good about it -- So just sharing with everyone here -- even if if you can get a cheaper quote through your own insurance company (it might not actually be a good idea) and IF you can get Tesla insurance, it's worth looking at it.

I think only CA and TX can get insurance through Tesla (big bummer) but wanted to share.