Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have, I’ve asked her that why is it that people who ordered after me with the same config and same location have already got their cars? And this was her response

“We build in batches so it depends on what configuration they got. This is very normal.”

So basically no explanation
That is so incredibly annoying. I was told yesterday that they match to orders more likely to take delivery, whatever that means. I assume that means cash first? Also, I learned if doing a trade in they want to see title first because they end up finding other stake holders on the title. It’s all just a cruel joke.

That is so incredibly annoying. I was told yesterday that they match to orders more likely to take delivery, whatever that means. I assume that means cash first? Also, I learned if doing a trade in they want to see title first because they end up finding other stake holders on the title. It’s all just a cruel joke.
Well, they have demand (and almost no competition) so won't care about customers or customer experience. They'll use every possible cheap tactic to maximize whatever they are trying to maximize without being fair.

Picked mine up today! What a beaut! No issues during delivery, everything went as smoothly as the patch of ice my car was parked on!

Incredible car to drive -- I've never had a more fun drive home.

Good luck to everyone still waiting -- it's well worth the wait!

66058727520__09478B00-203E-4EDA-BC64-9ABA3C0F1169.jpeg

EDD changed to December 21-31st for a week. Yesterday it went back to January 28-Feb 25th :/

OD) 9/14 detroit area white/white/aero
This is just wrong, not fair, and terrible business practice IMO. I have identical config, same delivery location, and ordered 10 days AFTER you. And I got my car 12/1, while you have a possible February delivery. Wtf!?

I think we discussed already the only difference was I entered cash payment during ordering, and you had financing. It shouldn’t make a difference. Agree the SA’s are largely useless order takers.

If it makes you feel any better, my car doesn’t have usb or wireless charging yet. And I haven’t even been driving it, it goes in for PPF tomorrow, so will be another week or so before I can finally start enjoying it.

Hopefully you’ll at least get the silver lining of the tax credit if you do get the car in 2022. Or maybe someone else will delay and they’ll assign you the VIN.

Hoping for you & EV70 (and anyone else waiting 90+ days) to get their car ASAP!

This is just wrong, not fair, and terrible business practice IMO. I have identical config, same delivery location, and ordered 10 days AFTER you. And I got my car 12/1, while you have a possible February delivery. Wtf!?

I think we discussed already the only difference was I entered cash payment during ordering, and you had financing. It shouldn’t make a difference. Agree the SA’s are largely useless order takers.

If it makes you feel any better, my car doesn’t have usb or wireless charging yet. And I haven’t even been driving it, it goes in for PPF tomorrow, so will be another week or so before I can finally start enjoying it.

Hopefully you’ll at least get the silver lining of the tax credit if you do get the car in 2022. Or maybe someone else will delay and they’ll assign you the VIN.

Lol yeah at this point I hope I get that tax credit for the wait, will be worth it if I get a refund next year. I actually did switch to cash just to see if it would affect anything, so at this point it’s just dumb luck

Are you getting just the front or whole car? I was looking into it as well, if you don’t mind messaging me where and how much just out of curiousity

Are you getting just the front or whole car? I was looking into it as well, if you don’t mind messaging me where and how much just out of curiousity
I’m getting full front (front bumper, full hood, front quarter panels, A pillars, side mirrors) + side rocker panels.

Also getting all windows (20%/35%) + windshield (70%) tinted.

Got two quotes, one from One Soul Graphics in Livonia, the other from Midnight Protective Films in Troy, who another MI poster recommended for tint in the area.

One Soul was a little less, quoted me $2400 for the PPF.

Also doing a full vinyl wrap afterwards, One Soul was significantly less. Quoted $3200.

Color I want is back ordered but available, I’ll post photos once it’s all finished. It sounds like I’ll get a couple weeks with the white before the vinyl comes in from the supplier.

Reactions: TezzieMI

It actually does. My SA told me since the begging. Once I got the email from Tesla to pay my Tesla balance I called Tesla and they changed it to loan. At the point I just refreshed the page and started the loan application. After basecally 5 minutes I got my Vin and after 6 hrs the email to schedule delivery

OD: 11/23

1st EDD: January-February
2nd EDD: 12/13-12-31
3rd EDD: 12/20-12/31

M3LR AWD MSM Black Int. 18" Aero

Picking up in Mt. Kisco, NY. No VIN. I did receive a trade in Text. Anyone else picking up at Mt. Kisco? Any updates on your end?
I am picking up at Mt. Kisco:

Config: M3 LR | Deep Blue Metallic | White Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD
OD: 11/15

Original EDD: December
2nd EDD (11/16): 1/11 - 2/8
3rd EDD (11/20): 12/9 - 12/31
4th EDD (11/23): 12/14 - 12/28

VIN Received: 11/30 (morning)
5th EDD (same time as VIN): 12/11 - 12/17
Schedule Delivery Text: 12/3 (evening)
Delivery Date: 12/14 (options were 12/12-12/14)

Just got another update, I've been checking my phone every 15-30 minutes... This is the first time I've received an update that didn't happen overnight. I'm down to a 4 day window now, but still haven't heard from my SA at all.

OD 10/30, M3LR, DBM, Black Int and 19's in SLC, UT

1st EDD 10/31 - 11/27-12/29
2nd EDD 11/26 - 11/28-12/12
3rd EDD 11/29 - 12/1-12/12
4th EDD 12/2 - 12/4-12/27
5th EDD 12/3 - 12/5-12/18
6th EDD 12/6 - 12/8-12/18
7th EDD 12/7 - 12/7-12/13 received vin
8th EDD 12/8 - 12/8-12/12