Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I started a Reddit thread for people lifting holds. The pattern I saw was: people lift hold > EDD that matches those that place a new order > EDD moves extremely fast > quick new VIN

Can’t confirm that as fact but it definitely seems like lifting a hold doesn’t mean you get put in the back of the line.
I lifted a hold yesterday and its already showing VIN allocation with a delivery between 12/14 - 12/20. I am not ready to take delivery yet :-(

• Informative
Reactions: montanaco
Model 3 LR Black/Black 18”
OD: 11/13
EDD: 12/12-12/31
EDD :12/13-12/27 (Nov 26)
EDD: 01/17-02/14 (Dec 8)
EDD: 12/16-12/22 (Dec 8)
VIN: Dec 8
Delivery scheduled: 23rd of Dec (texted by Tesla on Dec 9)

SA confirmed VIN in source code is correct. No VIN on website itself

Reactions: GeoG
I'm in Rochester and picking up at Mt. Kisco (where I'm assuming you'll be picking up from) next week. One-way flights out of ROC to LGA are dirt cheap so I'm flying down and then driving back, cuts down on the long drive by half. Just something to look into when you set your delivery date!
Buddy of mine made the same trip from ROC last year to pick up his red LR. He LOVED the drive back.

Just got my scheduling delivery text today with a window around Xmas eve. Even with attempting to send proof that we have an AirBNB booked out of state, they will not budge and account is now on hold until New Years. Really sucks, but since I have a trade, no one else can take delivery. They said they are trying to push end of year deliveries. One agent said assume the car will not have the USB ports or wireless given shortage, another one said they all have had them....They said the estimated wait for delivery after coming off hold could be immediately or February.

Last edited:
Want to understand if everything is in order with my M3 LR order here in Texas. Checked with Tesla and they said everything looked alright on their end. Purchasing an M3 with a loan thru Tesla, originally ordered in July and had a delivery window for September. When September came it got pushed to October, when October was here it got pushed to December. Now in December, it got pushed to February next year. Thing is, the loan step in the account still has "Documents Pending Review" after uploading proof of residency but it does show as Conditionally Approved... do these delays seem normal? Just wait my turn kinda thing?

Want to understand if everything is in order with my M3 LR order here in Texas. Checked with Tesla and they said everything looked alright on their end. Purchasing an M3 with a loan thru Tesla, originally ordered in July and had a delivery window for September. When September came it got pushed to October, when October was here it got pushed to December. Now in December, it got pushed to February next year. Thing is, the loan step in the account still has "Documents Pending Review" after uploading proof of residency but it does show as Conditionally Approved... do these delays seem normal? Just wait my turn kinda thing?
What options did you order? Seems too long of a wait for a LR.

July is a long time, join the club @EV70 and I are in the same boat. Ev70 ordered in august and mine in September. Basically same situation so far for me, pushed from November to December to now Feb.

I lifted a hold yesterday and its already showing VIN allocation with a delivery between 12/14 - 12/20. I am not ready to take delivery yet :-(
Why did you lift the hold if you weren’t ready? I would guess there is a bit of a glut of unassigned cars out there since many are wanting to see if the BBB takes effect next year. So doesn’t surprise me at all that one matched your configuration so quickly.

Just got off the phone with my SA
Gave me some hopeful and scary news.
Hopeful: I should be getting my car this month.

Scary: socal deliveries. (Speaking about Burbank specifically) typically does deliveries on the 3rd month of each quarter. So if I don’t get it this month I might not get it till March. 😱

OD: 9/18
Current edd: 12/11-12/31 m3lr msm / white / 18” aero

I definitely think something is up. One thing to check is if the webpage and app pages look different. I ordered mine in August. The webpage just showed the things to complete and showed green checks and my trade in offer...The app showed nothing but a button that said Go To Account which was a link to the webpage. Then on Sunday they told me something was up with my trade in, so I declined it, and poof...new web page which has a link to the app, and the app now has my EDD and a button that says View where you can get all your agreements. I called the Tesla the day after I ordered and they said I was all good to go, but I think the computer thinks differently.

My suggestion...Go with no trade in and cash. When you get a VIN, then you can reach out to your SA and get add either or both back in. It's pointless anyway since the finance rate and trade in offers are only good for a short period of time anyway.