Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Still exciting getting a picture of your car at least.
So I reached out today to get a status of the dent fix. They now saying the dent should be fixed by Sunday. (But I have a pick up scheduled for Saturday at 2PM). In addition, they said the tech recommends that the hood seal should be replaced to prevent issues in the future but the part will not get here until mid to late next week.
I've asked for a new vin but they keep telling me there aren't any available. This is so frustrating.

• Disagree
Reactions: EV70
I'm in Rochester and picking up at Mt. Kisco (where I'm assuming you'll be picking up from) next week. One-way flights out of ROC to LGA are dirt cheap so I'm flying down and then driving back, cuts down on the long drive by half. Just something to look into when you set your delivery date!
Yep, picking up in Mt Kisco. I was looking at Amtrak- there’s a station about 30 min away. How are you getting to Kisco from LGA?
Not super worried about getting there. Im more nervous about driving back 5+ hours without having a lot of experience driving a Tesla. Any suggestions?

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.
I believe the tax credit will be retro to Teslas purchased on or after May 2021.

Yep, picking up in Mt Kisco. I was looking at Amtrak- there’s a station about 30 min away. How are you getting to Kisco from LGA?
Not super worried about getting there. Im more nervous about driving back 5+ hours without having a lot of experience driving a Tesla. Any suggestions?
Its pretty simple. Watch a lot of YouTube videos 😃. Get used to the location of all the controls before you head out of the dealership. Regen breaking might feel weird at first but you will love it soon and probably wont want to drive one without it.

I plan to Uber from LGA to the delivery site. Also I suggest scheduling a Test Drive at a Service Center before your delivery to get a little more comfortable driving it, there's one in Henrietta right next to Marketplace Mall that I test drove twice at.

Reactions: Plum Loco and GeoG
I plan to Uber from LGA to the delivery site. Also I suggest scheduling a Test Drive at a Service Center before your delivery to get a little more comfortable driving it, there's one in Henrietta right next to Marketplace Mall that I test drove twice at.
I called the Henrietta gallery - There are no cars at the gallery available for test drives untill January. Have a neighbor who let me drive around our cul de sac. Don’t think he’ll let me drive on an actual road tho, lol.

I was sick of constantly updating the app, so I gave the local service center (where I'm picking up) a ring. I got connected to a call center. They asked when I would like to pick it up and I told them ASAP. They asked if 12/10 @ 11AM would work. I told them that would be perfect, he said it was in there. I updated the app and I FINALLY have an actual delivery date! These next 2 nights are gonna be ROUGH....
Tesla texted to confirm my pickup for tomorrow. There is a winter advisory and temps are getting bellow 20 so I really didn't want to pick up tomorrow morning.. I asked if I can pick up tonight, and they said sure! So I'm getting it at 4:30 tonight! YES

40 days from order to pickup. Hopefully everything looks good.

OD 10/30 M3LR, DBM, Black Int, 19s.

I definitely think something is up. One thing to check is if the webpage and app pages look different. I ordered mine in August. The webpage just showed the things to complete and showed green checks and my trade in offer...The app showed nothing but a button that said Go To Account which was a link to the webpage. Then on Sunday they told me something was up with my trade in, so I declined it, and poof...new web page which has a link to the app, and the app now has my EDD and a button that says View where you can get all your agreements. I called the Tesla the day after I ordered and they said I was all good to go, but I think the computer thinks differently.

My suggestion...Go with no trade in and cash. When you get a VIN, then you can reach out to your SA and get add either or both back in. It's pointless anyway since the finance rate and trade in offers are only good for a short period of time anyway.
Interesting, my app and webpage are similar to how they were with you. I'll try the all cash approach then because you're right about the finance rate (it's pretty much outdated now).

Reactions: EV70
I believe the tax credit will be retro to Teslas purchased on or after May 2021.
Based on what? The most recent draft is those purchased after 12/31/21. There is already talk about ways to save money and retroactively giving more people cash is not going to be added back in. If anything, they may add the manufacturing limits back in to save money. Especially with Musk's comments this week basically giving Manchin and the rest more reason to exclude Tesla and save money.

Reactions: whiskeylover
I called the Henrietta gallery - There are no cars at the gallery available for test drives untill January. Have a neighbor who let me drive around our cul de sac. Don’t think he’ll let me drive on an actual road tho, lol.
Well that's too bad, I'm sorry. The regenerative breaking was the most difficult thing for me to get used to while test driving the first time (may or not have made my passengers sick from the abrupt stopping...). Started to get the hang of it the second time, I suggest changing the regen stop setting to Creep until you get more used to it and then changing it back to Hold after that. It makes it a little more similar to a gas car but still quite a bit different. You'll be fine!

Based on what? The most recent draft is those purchased after 12/31/21. There is already talk about ways to save money and retroactively giving more people cash is not going to be added back in. If anything, they may add the manufacturing limits back in to save money. Especially with Musk's comments this week basically giving Manchin and the rest more reason to exclude Tesla and save money.
Im referring to the original $7500 tax credit which no longer applied once Tesla hit 200k manufactured cars. I believe that 200k cap will be lifted and the tax credit will be applied retro to teslas purchased on/after 5/24/21. This is currently in the Senate version of the bill, still needs to pass house, so we’ll see.

Well that's too bad, I'm sorry. The regenerative breaking was the most difficult thing for me to get used to while test driving the first time (may or not have made my passengers sick from the abrupt stopping...). Started to get the hang of it the second time, I suggest changing the regen stop setting to Creep until you get more used to it and then changing it back to Hold after that. It makes it a little more similar to a gas car but still quite a bit different. You'll be fine!
That’s the plan! Thanks!

We basically have same car and dates. My SA said he sees Dec 21 as EDD on his end. Call your SA for an update.

If it’s anything like my order, then you won’t see a change until Saturday where your EDD will slightly change the day after your first date delivery window (hopefully for the better).
I just got a text back from the SA with the following "It is possible your car will be built tomorrow and shipped; it usually falls towards the middle of your ETA"

Let see if anything changes or if I get a VIV this weekend.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this but sharing regardless -- A friend of mine has a EV (not tesla) and he had a promo through his electric company where they will credit you for putting in a home charging unit. So if it cost $500 they will credit your account $500! Pretty good deal, right?! Well, not so fast.

Soon after he applied for the credit -- he no longer saw electric deals in his account. Think Free Weekends, Free Nights during off peek hours. Now, not such a good deal.

So take this as a warning, you may not want to notify you electric company you're getting EV as you may loose out on some good deals. OR lock them in before getting a EV. I got free nights 8pm - 8am through my provider -- so i'll be enjoying a year of free charging.

Just sharing!

Reactions: EvDoss
The only way other than Uber to get from LGA to Mt Kisco is to take a bus from LGA to Grand Central in NYC (it's not that far), then you can take the Metro North Harlem line to Mt Kisco. You would still probably need to Uber from train station to Tesla, but that will be a pretty short ride. You would have to check the Uber rates to see if the extra hassle is worth it. It's pretty much grid lock alert every day this month in the city, so I'm not sure what the Uber rates are like.

I'm scheduled to pick up my car on Thursday but just a call from my SA that my car arrived last night but upon their inspection, they found a dent on the fender and the seal to the passenger front door is not good. So they will have to fix both. They said it will delay pick up by only 2 days. Can pick up this Saturday or Sunday. What a bummer. But I guess it's good that they caught it before I got there.

Hey, at least they found it and are fixing AND notified you! I've heard of other stories where ports, dents, and scrapes where on the car and it was never communicated, found or fixed until they inspected it and reported it. So sounds like QA is going up! That's good.

So I reached out today to get a status of the dent fix. They now saying the dent should be fixed by Sunday. (But I have a pick up scheduled for Saturday at 2PM). In addition, they said the tech recommends that the hood seal should be replaced to prevent issues in the future but the part will not get here until mid to late next week.
I've asked for a new vin but they keep telling me there aren't any available. This is so frustrating.
Wow, that is super disappointing. When you wait this long for a car, only to find out it needs that much work. They should be able to make you a priority for next VIN and fix that one up before they assign it. This part of their customer service really sucks. It's basically them saying that their demand is so high that they really don't care about their incredible delivery flaws. For most people it works great. For those who experience the darker side of delivery... so sorry, but too bad.