Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I reached out today to get a status of the dent fix. They now saying the dent should be fixed by Sunday. (But I have a pick up scheduled for Saturday at 2PM). In addition, they said the tech recommends that the hood seal should be replaced to prevent issues in the future but the part will not get here until mid to late next week.
I've asked for a new vin but they keep telling me there aren't any available. This is so frustrating.
They called me again today since I've reached out if I'm picking tomorrow or not(tomorrow's date still in my app for picking). Now they're saying the dent is repaired and waiting on the seal to come in so they can replace it. The part could come in today or tomorrow, they have no tracking info for it. What bugs me now is, they told me the other day the part won't come in until mid or later next week. So now they put me down for pick up this Sunday. Saying if it gets here today or tomorrow morning, I can pick up tomorrow. Are are they playing with my feelings?? hahahaha!

Reactions: EV70
OD: 9/18
Current edd: 12/11-12/31 m3lr msm / white / 18” aero

We have the same car order, but significantly different dates:

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31

Your order was two full months earlier, yet we have overlapping EDD windows. The olnly difference is geography. Sems to prove the theory that SoCal is deprioritized for deliveries.

Sorry about your luck.

Got my car yesterday! Its was snowing here in slc, ut and has been snowing most of the morning. Car does great in the snow!

Panels are good, everything is accounted for (usb and wireless charging) and its amazing! Love it!

I was able to snap one pretty good pic!
20211210_112508.jpg

Is this what your app looks like? Has it updated recently? I haven't opened it in at least a week but it definately looked different last time. Or is an indication of progress?
The app updated a few weeks back and it basically allows you to do everything pre-delivery in the app now. no opening the browser anymore.

I think I have the same exact spec and edd. No Vin or Vision agreement on mine though.

I hope people in Cali with the white interior get our VIN soon lol.

They called me again today since I've reached out if I'm picking tomorrow or not(tomorrow's date still in my app for picking). Now they're saying the dent is repaired and waiting on the seal to come in so they can replace it. The part could come in today or tomorrow, they have no tracking info for it. What bugs me now is, they told me the other day the part won't come in until mid or later next week. So now they put me down for pick up this Sunday. Saying if it gets here today or tomorrow morning, I can pick up tomorrow. Are are they playing with my feelings?? hahahaha!

I'm really not liking your story. So you are getting a "new" car with bodywork already done to it? Saying that not knowing exactly how they fixed the dent. So sorry!

The app updated a few weeks back and it basically allows you to do everything pre-delivery in the app now. no opening the browser anymore.

I think I have the same exact spec and edd. No Vin or Vision agreement on mine though.

I actually couldn’t modify anything within the app once I got that trade-in text this past Wednesday. It made me go to the browser to complete the trade-in info and choose the payment again.

I ended up calling the Tesla center near here this morning and asked for status on my order. SA sounded pretty sure that my order would deliver within the Dec 16-31 range.
White/White 18”

Looks like I'm going to be hanging out here in the waiting room with you all for a while longer. I was supposed to pick up my car on the 18th but ran into a snag with my tradein. I have an e-tron Sportback that I'm leasing and apparently Audi gives 3rd party dealers a payoff equal to what they think the market value of the car is, not what I actually owe on it. This means Tesla's payoff amount is over $13k more than if I pay it off. So now I have to pay off the last Audi I'll ever own then, when I have the title, take my order off hold. And hope that the trade in amount Tesla offered me doesn't go down.

We have the same car order, but significantly different dates:

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31
3nd EDD: (11/30) 1/15 - 2/12/22
4th EDD: (12/3) 12/21 - 12/31

Your order was two full months earlier, yet we have overlapping EDD windows. The olnly difference is geography. Sems to prove the theory that SoCal is deprioritized for deliveries.

Sorry about your luck.
This is true, California has to be last, texted my SA and asked if California get a lower priority compared to other states. I got this answer lol:

“We are currently in full production for the West Coast.”

Got a text to confirm trade in (don’t have one) and registration for the car. I texted if the EDD of Jan-Feb was accurate and got this in reply

Thank you for confirming those details! We are seeing the same estimate on your account. You appear to be one of the next customers in line for VIN assignment so we will let you know asap if a VIN assignment happens sooner than expected.

Don’t know how accurate that is but this is the first text I’ve gotten about the order since I placed it on 9/14 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: gokujou
Got a text to confirm trade in (don’t have one) and registration for the car. I texted if the EDD of Jan-Feb was accurate and got this in reply

Thank you for confirming those details! We are seeing the same estimate on your account. You appear to be one of the next customers in line for VIN assignment so we will let you know asap if a VIN assignment happens sooner than expected.

Don’t know how accurate that is but this is the first text I’ve gotten about the order since I placed it on 9/14 🤷‍♂️
I placed mine on 9/5. EDD was same as yours. I got matched yday. Stay hopeful.

Reactions: Guppy and TezzieMI
Maybe some hope for SoCal people. This truck of M3’s heading south on the 405 towards Orange County. View attachment 743067
*drives straight through California to Mexico* 😭 smh, lucky owners of those cars got their VINs by now! Probably just don't use the forms much so hey maybe we are getting frequent deliveries since this is the second batch of White Model 3s on a truck I've heard about here in SoCal