Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To each their own. Paying $10k to essentially be a test subject just isn’t for me. As a recovering software engineer, the word “beta” is OK for downloads/apps, not so much for cars I have my family in. I get the allure and the tech is amazing but it’s just not for me.

Of course, the price they have listed originally is base price + 10K (for FSD), then after your request they take off the 10K and you are back to base price. They might take just a little more off depending on the mileage of the demo vehicle though.
Thanks - I figured this was the case with it just being software being enabled/disabled, but wasn't 100% sure. The one I was considering looks like it sold, but I may keep this in mind over the coming weeks, depending what my EDD does.

To each their own. Paying $10k to essentially be a test subject just isn’t for me. As a recovering software engineer, the word “beta” is OK for downloads/apps, not so much for cars I have my family in. I get the allure and the tech is amazing but it’s just not for me.
As a software engineer, I agree with this. That, and honestly I just don't drive that much that I would ever get 10k value out of this feature. I may pay $200 at some point to try it out for a month...when it isn't in beta...and when my wife and kids aren't in the car.

Ordered my M3LR-White with black interior and the standard aero wheels on 11/20/21. My initial EDD was 12/31/21-1/30/22 I believe. On Thanksgiving it updated to 12/17/21-12/31/21. Anxiously waiting and hoping it doesn’t get moved further out. Got my Wall Connector, just need to have it installed. Do most people get a VIN assigned during you EDD, or do you get the VIN earlier?

1st time posting.

12/7: ordered M3LR, White Ext/Black Interior, 19", no FSD
12/8: EDD 2/1 - 3/1
12/11: Received test just before lunch indicating that the VIN was assigned

Needless to say, I was shocked (but thrilled) to see this happen in only a matter of days.

After getting the surprise just before lunch, I received a call from the SA a few minutes ago letting me know that the car is arriving on Wednesday. My calendar if full on Thursday, so I will probably pick it up on Friday. It is just unbelievable that it will only be 10 days between the time I ordered the car until I pick it up.