Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the demo front, I’ve been seeing a few M3LRs popping up on existing inventory. I'm sure all the showrooms will be unloading all their demos by the end of the year. Personally, I’ve waited this long, I want to know that I’m the first to break wind in my car.
Unless you get in a situation like me, they “break” in your car before delivery.
So I heard back from Tesla. They assigned me a new vin. Said the customer that had that vin, there was an issue with their trade in and they’re not going to hold it for them. So they want me to pick up tomorrow but I can’t get a hold of anyone from my insurance company to change the vin on my policy. I have Tesla two options. 1) I’ll pick up Monday with new insurance info. 2) I can pick up tomorrow if they’re ok releasing the car to me without the actual vin on my policy and I’ll change it first thing Monday morning. Waiting to hear back…

Reactions: Plum Loco
Unless you get in a situation like me, they “break” in your car before delivery.
So I heard back from Tesla. They assigned me a new vin. Said the customer that had that vin, there was an issue with their trade in and they’re not going to hold it for them. So they want me to pick up tomorrow but I can’t get a hold of anyone from my insurance company to change the vin on my policy. I have Tesla two options. 1) I’ll pick up Monday with new insurance info. 2) I can pick up tomorrow if they’re ok releasing the car to me without the actual vin on my policy and I’ll change it first thing Monday morning. Waiting to hear back…
That’s a better solution though. Congrats.

Reactions: chewychiu
Ordered 11/15
Blue, 19s, white, no FSD
Original EDD: 12/15 to 12/31
New EDD(received 2 days ago): 1/17 to 2/14
No vin yet...:/
2021 M3 SR+ MSM W/FSD - SOLD ON 11/15/21 |
Ordered M3 LR AWD MSM w/o FSD on 11/15/21
11/15 EDD: Feb 01 - Mar 01, 2022 |
11/18 EDD: Dec 12 - Dec 31, 2021 |11/24 EDD: Dec 12-Dec 26, 2021|
12/06 EDD: Dec 19-Dec 31,2021|
12/09 EDD: Jan 16-Feb 13, 2022
12/11 EDD: Dec 24-Dec 31,2021

Just not sure when I will get the VIN assigned and when I can take delivery.

On the demo front, I’ve been seeing a few M3LRs popping up on existing inventory. I'm sure all the showrooms will be unloading all their demos by the end of the year. Personally, I’ve waited this long, I want to know that I’m the first to break wind in my car.
Are you planning on holding it in until delivery day? I'm afraid you're gonna blow your windows out and it won't get covered under the warranty.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EV70 and Plum Loco
That’s awesome. Much better outcome in the long run. That dent business was suspect.

Reactions: chewychiu
OK, another funny update. I'm out to dinner with my wife and we're sitting at the bar. Naturally I check my app for an update because it's become a nasty habit over the last 4 months. Nothing as usual. We're enjoying a holiday cocktail. I joke to my wife that if I were to get a VIN while we were there we would have to order all the cocktails and call our son to come pick us up. I am not exaggerating at all when I tell you that less than a minute later I got the following text from Brooklyn Tesla (white one)...
"Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model 3 and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery."
Where's that FSD when you need it.
BTW, app still doesn't show any updates and nothing in source code. I'm expecting something in the morning. Also curious to see if something comes on the blue one in the next couple of days.

OK, another funny update. I'm out to dinner with my wife and we're sitting at the bar. Naturally I check my app for an update because it's become a nasty habit over the last 4 months. Nothing as usual. We're enjoying a holiday cocktail. I joke to my wife that if I were to get a VIN while we were there we would have to order all the cocktails and call our son to come pick us up. I am not exaggerating at all when I tell you that less than a minute later I got the following text from Brooklyn Tesla (white one)...
"Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model 3 and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery."
BTW, app still doesn't show any updates and nothing in source code. I'm expecting something in the morning. Also curious to see if something comes on the blue one in the next couple of days.
Oh no! You've become a legend around here. We'll miss you. J/k. Great news!

Reactions: EV70
Is this from the first order or the second order

Dude! That is awesome news! Hope it goes through. 🤞🤞

Reactions: EV70
Funny enough, it’s the second order that i placed 8 days ago. Still waiting to see what happens with the august order.
This is just getting even funnier. I had stated that I didn't see any updates in the app and figured it would happen tomorrow. Well as it turns out, I got the VIN for the BLUE one that I ordered in August, not the white one. The text came from the same number that I got a text from that said they were my Brooklyn SA. I just assumed it was the white one. But in the app, I have the VIN and vision agreement for the blue one (august order). But I don't see any accept button or anything. My head is spinning. My family is making fun of me now. I'm a technology guy. Why is this so hard??

• Love
Reactions: Plum Loco
I’m
This is just getting even funnier. I had stated that I didn't see any updates in the app and figured it would happen tomorrow. Well as it turns out, I got the VIN for the BLUE one that I ordered in August, not the white one. The text came from the same number that I got a text from that said they were my Brooklyn SA. I just assumed it was the white one. But in the app, I have the VIN and vision agreement for the blue one (august order). But I don't see any accept button or anything. My head is spinning. My family is making fun of me now. I'm a technology guy. Why is this so hard??
When it rains it pours? Could it be both vehicles are ready for you?