Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current version of the bill states the credit for vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. The previous Senate version had May 24, 2021 as a date but I expect very low probability that it will be added back.

My best guesstimate on the probabilities on the EV tax credit is as follows:

1. Vehicles purchased after May 24, 2021 (very low probability)
2. Vehicles purchased after date of bill passage, i.e., some random date in 2022 (medium probability)
3. Vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021 (highest probability among the three options)

All speculation of course, there might be no bill passage at all at the end. We'll wait and see.
I am no expert on these EV bills. However, one could read them as extending the already existing $7,500 tax credit by removing the 200,000 cars sold limit that is impacting Tesla and GM. In addition adding other bonus items like union and us made batteries to increase to $12,500. Is it possible that the base $7,500 could then be considered retro-active and the bonus items starting after purchases 12/31/2021?

Reactions: EvDoss
I thought bill is close to passing in senate
I believe latest word is (same as it has been for awhile, one senator is all we need but) that Senator Manchin will not vote for the bill in its current form at this current time, unclear reasons but one is "might increase inflation". News stories yesterday seemed to suggest the leadership knows they do not have the votes to pass it. All Republicans against, of course, and One Democrat.

Reactions: EvDoss
Hi Guys,

I placed an order early December and originally I could see updates on tasks to complete but now when logging into my account via app or website I only get the below message. I have a friend who has also ordered and they do not have this issue. Have called the sales team and they couldn’t assist. Has anyone experienced this ?
1639692654709.png

I am no expert on these EV bills. However, one could read them as extending the already existing $7,500 tax credit by removing the 200,000 cars sold limit that is impacting Tesla and GM. In addition adding other bonus items like union and us made batteries to increase to $12,500. Is it possible that the base $7,500 could then be considered retro-active and the bonus items starting after purchases 12/31/2021?
That would be cool and makes sense, but I also do not know enough to weigh how it would work.

Quite possible, but I think it is more likely that they remove the cap for vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. Also don't know how they will track US-made batteries and unionized workforce etc. It's a mess :(

I was able to schedule my delivery today...December 24th. I actually pulled off the road when I saw the text so I could schedule right away. Merry F'ing Christmas to ME!! Excuse my French, but I've been waiting for over 4 months now (OD 8/15)!!The last couple of months I've felt like Susie (Natalie Wood) in Miracle on 34th St, riding in the car on Xmas morning after her present she wanted from Santa wasn't under the tree. She sat there so sad saying "I believe, I believe". Then she sees the house and screams "Stop Uncle Fred, Stop". That's me getting my VIN, but I was yelling "Drinks bartender, Drinks!" Now I have a one week run up to the house (figuratively speaking). For those of you not that familiar with the movie...

Congrats to you!!! Finally!!!

Reactions: EV70
So I got this text a few minutes ago:

“Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”

So of course I replied “December!”

Should I have I replied in all caps? 😂😂😂

Reactions: Kevtlara and dt34