Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 745543
I’ve already installed my wall connector, ordered mats, cup holders and even the console wrap. Not expected to pick up until mid to late January though 😆. My anxiety is out of control right now.
I ordered the performance pedals from teslarati for my M3LR but they’re very hard to get on. So much that I need to look up a video on how slip them on, because I don’t want to accidentally break anything lol.

Picked up last week, dec 11th! Very much fun to drive. Hope you all get your deliveries soon!
64AF98BF-D2DA-46AE-B5B9-592F06FB61FE.jpeg

I ordered a M3 MSM, FSD, 19", black int on 11/27, located in Chicago northern suburbs

OD: 11/27Initial EDD: 1/23-2/2012/6 updated to 12/18-12/3112/7 narrowed a bit to 12/19-12/29woke up this AM (12/12) for it to be moved back again to 1/28-2/25

I wouldn't be as frustrated if they just left it at the initial EDD, but instead, I started making moves to take delivery early including planning charger install and worst of all selling my car last week (had a good offer I couldn't pass up).

I called Tesla customer service yesterday to confirm and they said they are seeing I should get it by the end of the year on their end... Then woke up today to the brutal news about it getting moved to next year. I'm not planning on qualifying for the 22 tax credit so I'd rather just get the car ASAP.

My question is, is there any hope of the EDD changing to earlier and me getting it by the end of the year?

Cheers!
Update:
12/16 woke up to a Dec 28-31 EDD
Then last night got a VIN!

EDD now Dec 30-31

Looks like I’ll get it this year after all!

Reactions: EvDoss and EV70
Must you display a front plate? Seeing many in NJ without front plate?
I've been researching this question also. Here's what I've found. There are only 20 states that don't require a front plate. Tesla does not pre drill holes in the front grill. Instead they give you a front plate holder (probably hidden in your trunk) that has adhesives on it to attach to your car. @Plum Loco verified this for me. Many people are choosing not to attach to their front bumper and will take the chance on getting a ticket. It's usually something like a broken tail light from what I can gather.
I did find an option that doesn't permanently attach to the car. For me this works because I plan on taking it off when I driving out of state. We spend a lot of time down in SC, and they're one of the 20 that don't require front plate anyway. It's a little pricier than I would have expected though.

OD: 11/27
1st EDD: 01/20-02/15
2nd EDD: 12/26-12/31

Received a call this morning and a prior customer cancelled. We were next in line and picking up on the 24th at noon! Going to be soul crushing if BBB gets passed and i miss out on the $10k credit. But i'm starting a new job in January, so we need a second car ASAP.

Reactions: EvDoss
Update: Checked my account 7 hrs later…got a VIN!!! I think I’ll have a car soon 😁
Update: Checked my account 7 hrs later…got a VIN!!! I think I’ll have a car soon 😁
The waiting game is over...received my Congratulations text message with a link to schedule my delivery!!! I will take delivery on 12/22 @ 11:30am PST!!! Good luck to everyone that's waiting! Happy Holidays!!!

EDD delayed again today, from 12/17-12/31 to 12/21-12/31. Still no VIN. OD 10/30. sigh
Brutal. Have you reached out to anyone from Tesla recently? Same area as yourself with an OD just a few days before you and I took delivery on December 8th. Not trying to add to your misery but legitimately curious as to why there would be such a delay. Did you ever change config or put your order on hold?

White M3LR, 18", no FSD.

Order Date: Oct 15th
Original EDD: Nov 15th-Nov 30th,
2nd EDD: Dec 1st to Dec 31st
3rd EDD: Dec 15th to Dec 31st
4th EDD: Jan 1st to Jan 29th

I am paying cash too. Called Tesla SA a few times, they think there is a good chance I will get a VIN before January since they are seeing a lot of people unable to take delivery. They put in a request to also expedite since I am one of the few who wants it before 2022.

I've been researching this question also. Here's what I've found. There are only 20 states that don't require a front plate. Tesla does not pre drill holes in the front grill. Instead they give you a front plate holder (probably hidden in your trunk) that has adhesives on it to attach to your car. @Plum Loco verified this for me. Many people are choosing not to attach to their front bumper and will take the chance on getting a ticket. It's usually something like a broken tail light from what I can gather.
I did find an option that doesn't permanently attach to the car. For me this works because I plan on taking it off when I driving out of state. We spend a lot of time down in SC, and they're one of the 20 that don't require front plate anyway. It's a little pricier than I would have expected though.

Hey @EV70 that’s the exact one I bought. I can upload a pic when I get my car back if you want. It’s in the shop for PPF and tints.

Reactions: EV70