Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We went with a light tint on the front windshield, I think it was 70%. It's fine...not too dark for our eyesight at night and it helps in bright sunlight. We went darker on the side windows...40% I think.

We picked up at the Owings Mills location and the stick-on front tag was in the trunk. It's still in the trunk. I bought a Quick Bandit plate mount that mounts to the front grill work and leaves space behind the tag for cleaning. I took the front tag off in August when the Model 3 was in the shop for PPF and tinting and I haven't put it back on yet.

I don't think anyone would get pulled over for a missing front plate or tint, so it's pretty safe. Now if you get pulled over for something else, like speeding, and they notice the missing front plate...I'd expect to get a ticket for the missing front plate.
Most helpful. Thank you, Delta1. What brand of tint did you install. I’m getting quotes that are quite varied depending on features and brand Suntek, 3M and xpel (cheaper to more expensive, respectively).

1. Charging from a 10-30 dryer plug
- I ran a 25ft extension cord to my garage door and use the 10-30 Tesla adapter - charging at 6kwh or 23mph. Plenty for my needs. Scheduled charging at off-peak hours at $0.17/kwh(YMMV)
Extension Cord - 10-30

Your car looks fantastic! But I'd be very careful with the extension cord. As you probably know Tesla very strongly recommends NOT using one. If you're going to use it anyway I'd inspect it thoroughly on a frequent basis.

I'll preface the rest of my comment by pointing out that I am not an electrician and what I say may or may not be completely accurate.
  • The extension cord is 25 feet and the TMC is 20 feet. 45 feet is a pretty long run for 240V and 24A. (You should only be able to charge at up to 24A using the 10-30).
  • You might consider using something to make sure where the TMC plugs into the extension cord stays securely fastened if it gets run over or kicked or whatever. You want to avoid arcing and a loose connection.
  • When you've been charging for a while inspect the cable to make sure no part of it is heating up too much especially around the plugs.
I would recommend that you consider skipping this setup and just having a 14-50 receptacle installed next to your garage door; it'll be safer and will charge your car much faster. That's what I did, it was cheap and works great with no extension cord needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: opasenBG
Entered the 1st day on my second EDD window.

Still no updates but it seems others in SoCal have been getting pushed back 2 more days. So that’s what I’m expecting. We’ll see…

1st EDD window (assigned right on OD): 12/16-31

2nd EDD window (updated on 12/17): 12/21-31

Holding on nevers from day of ordering,
my OD is 12/05 MSM Kansas city.
EDD : 02/01- 03/01
Refreshing the app, checking the order tracker sheet and checking back the forum. This is my routine every wake up and bed time.

Sounds like my routine haha. Just checked today and my EDD moved up again to 01/12-02/09. I hope it doesn't go back down but you never know what'll happen

Reactions: Ashn
Entered the 1st day on my second EDD window.

Still no updates but it seems others in SoCal have been getting pushed back 2 more days. So that’s what I’m expecting. We’ll see…

1st EDD window (assigned right on OD): 12/16-31

2nd EDD window (updated on 12/17): 12/21-31
my first day of 2nd edd is tomorrow. looks like were in a very similar case. also were both in sd haha

• Funny
Reactions: rfaquino
Your car looks fantastic! But I'd be very careful with the extension cord. As you probably know Tesla very strongly recommends NOT using one. If you're going to use it anyway I'd inspect it thoroughly on a frequent basis.

I'll preface the rest of my comment by pointing out that I am not an electrician and what I say may or may not be completely accurate.
  • The extension cord is 25 feet and the TMC is 20 feet. 45 feet is a pretty long run for 240V and 24A. (You should only be able to charge at up to 24A using the 10-30).
  • You might consider using something to make sure where the TMC plugs into the extension cord stays securely fastened if it gets run over or kicked or whatever. You want to avoid arcing and a loose connection.
  • When you've been charging for a while inspect the cable to make sure no part of it is heating up too much especially around the plugs.
I would recommend that you consider skipping this setup and just having a 14-50 receptacle installed next to your garage door; it'll be safer and will charge your car much faster. That's what I did, it was cheap and works great with no extension cord needed.
Thanks for your great input Carl. I have read and watched quite a few posts and videos even before I ordered my car so I am aware of what you said above. Given that I'm renting the house, installing a plug outside is not an option right now. I've checked the cables and connectors(by feel) starting at 20A and slowly increasing to 24A and all looks good(and will continue to check periodically). Using the OEM Tesla 10-30 adapter maxes the charging at 24A and you can't go over, even if you wanted to.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Thanks for your great input Carl. I have read and watched quite a few posts and videos even before I ordered my car so I am aware of what you said above. Given that I'm renting the house, installing a plug outside is not an option right now. I've checked the cables and connectors(by feel) starting at 20A and slowly increasing to 24A and all looks good(and will continue to check periodically). Using the OEM Tesla 10-30 adapter maxes the charging at 24A and you can't go over, even if you wanted to.
Wait. Is it not a good idea to install a 240 in the garage for the 14-50 nema adapter?

Good News: I got tired of waiting and saw a 2022 M3LR MSM with white interior popup in Seattle and grabbed it. Pickup on the 26th.

Bad News: I am also having a battle with Tesla about registration and other fees. Called my SA and they had one of their "experts" from their titling team call me. They want to charge me $823.50 for registration and $262.21 for sales tax. I am picking up in Washington but since I am from Oregon the sales tax does not apply. However, Oregon does have a USE Tax, that is the same amount as the sales tax, for out-of-state purchases.. My SA could not confirm if the sales tax charge would be going to pay the USE Tax. If they don't pay it and I don't pay it then I get slapped with a 5% (of the total cost of the car) as a fine.

Also registration/title in Oregon is $542 for new EV plates, $193 for transferring plates. SA did not know why it was $823.50. They said they would reach out to their DMV team but that I should pay it anyway and I will get refunded later. I'm doubting that will actually happen. Anyone else experience something similar and actually get their refund from Tesla?

Same EDD.
Changed from 12/20-12/31 to 12/23-12/31 today.
OD 10/18. MSM, black, aero, no FSD.

Where did you order your ML3 from?
Spoke to my SA. He seem confident that I'll get a VIN in a couple days and will have it scheduled for delivery within a week or so.

Sounds a little more reassuring but will see.

He did mention now that the BBB no longer in play, the influx of clients putting their cars on hold now wanted their cars off the hold list.

Reactions: sliggy