Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here with delivery in one state and got it registered in other state?
My situation I am planning to get my vechile delivered in Kansas and get it registered in NJ.
For deliery in this case do they ask for Kansas license and insurance or else NJ license and insurance?

Hello all, After getting a text today saying my delivery was delayed, I also got notice to submit my final payment in the Tesla app, My question is they want my bank user name and my password to access my bank account, I have never had this procedure before, Is this normal? I am really worried about giving that information out on an app on my cell phone, Thanks for any advice
I just sent them a healthy chunk of change for my down payment via BofA. Absolutely standard. Though I’m used to moving around money via online accounts. There’s sometime it takes to reflect, so don’t freak out.

Reactions: Redracer1
I just sent them a healthy chunk of change for my down payment via BofA. Absolutely standard. Though I’m used to moving around money via online accounts. There’s sometime it takes to reflect, so don’t freak out.
Did you send the money by just doing an online money transfer or did you actually give them your BofA username and password? Because that's what @Redracer1 is saying.

My career is in computer and network security and the general consensus is that users should never, EVER give anyone their login credentials and no company that cares at all about security should ever ask for them. You shouldn't even tell the company your account is with what your password is let alone a different company!

Did you send the money by just doing an online money transfer or did you actually give them your BofA username and password? Because that's what @Redracer1 is saying.

My career is in computer and network security and the general consensus is that users should never, EVER give anyone their login credentials and no company that cares at all about security should ever ask for them. You shouldn't even tell the company your account is with what your password is let alone a different company!
It was through the Tesla app. They had a list of banks, it linked the bank to Tesla. I did username and password and then I changed my password shortly after I exited the app (which I do every couple months anyway). It worked fine. But I understand if people have different levels of comfort.

It was through the Tesla app. They had a list of banks, it linked the bank to Tesla. I did username and password and then I changed my password shortly after I exited the app (which I do every couple months anyway). It worked fine. But I understand if people have different levels of comfort.
That’s different that’s not asking for your username and password. You’re using the link between the two to pay for something. I done this before for some thing else too.

@EV70 As promised. Pics of the teslarati quick bandit license plate holder.

D3B8F9B5-E9D1-4FCC-8A73-E1CEAE5D7B38.jpeg
26B88D31-BBC0-450E-BDD4-3C4396E8330E.jpeg

Model 3 LR MSM/white interior, 19” wheels, No FSD, Rockville MD delivery Ctr

OD 11/4
VIN Received 12/13
EDD several revisions, latest was 12/25-12/31
Delivery Schedule Text received TODAY 12/20 for window of 12/27-12/30; chose 12/27 AM delivery (Woohoo)

After Market: MaxPider mats (teslarati has finally shipped, ordered on 11/4); performance pedals (received); window tint scheduled 35% sides and back Xpel XR+; possible powder coating of rims. Anyone think its worth getting PPF on front package? Maybe I’m watching too many YouTube videos. What a waiting game. At least re-sales values of trade-ins are through the roof.

Stay healthy out there.
Well as of a few minutes ago I’m officially getting the run around. VIN and appointment has disappeared off the app. Sales Associate contacted me via text saying “Reaching out to notify you of a transit issue involving your vehicle that resulted in us having to remove the vehicle from your name. You have been prioritized for the next available car matching your configuration”. No new date set for delivery, along with non-responses. To add a bah-humbug, Tesla made made me cancel holiday plans forcing the 12/27 delivery date.

• Disagree
Reactions: aljlin and EV70
Well as of a few minutes ago I’m officially getting the run around. VIN and appointment has disappeared off the app. Sales Associate contacted me via text saying “Reaching out to notify you of a transit issue involving your vehicle that resulted in us having to remove the vehicle from your name. You have been prioritized for the next available car matching your configuration”. No new date set for delivery, along with non-responses. To add a bah-humbug, Tesla made made me cancel holiday plans forcing the 12/27 delivery date.
Logistics manager said ” we have never seen that happen either and we are gathering more information as to what happened. Likely an issue with the third party transit carriers.”

Obviously too much 420 on the job unloading from truck 69.

• Funny
Reactions: ThePlankeEye
Hey you might still get a text or call if someone delays their purchase that is near SB. slight chance but still a chance mate! SB is a very good delivery center imo. good luck w your wait.
Thanks man! Funny thing is, I stopped by today after hearing they had two Plaids in the lot and wanted to see ‘em. One of the SA’s asked if I needed help and I told him I had already ordered but was waiting on it to arrive in Jan. He ended up saying that he’d try and get my order either moved up or look for something in the next few days. Such a pleasant experience!