Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30 they have been telling me for a few days they think they could move it to tonight at 6 pm. Just got a call that they have to reschedule to the 28th. So annoyed. Was a Christmas gift for my wife and now won’t get it until until the 28th

Yikes! Better to check the delivery guy's pockets.

Checklist:
1. Photo of the cashier's check.
2. Photo of me giving the check to the delivery guy.
Seriously... I professionally asked Finance to ask Tesla Fremont delivery to figure it out before bugging me anymore.

The guy literally drove the car from Tesla Fremont and then Uber'd back. He put the cashier's check inside the back case of his phone so he wouldn't misplace it, sent a pic to his delivery supervisor, and left. 20min later I had access to the car in the app, so obviously someone viewed the check and processed the delivery to completion.

The only alternative is to get the check cancelled and re-issued which is going to be a pain in the ass.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
I finally talked to a real person yesterday after sending texts to my Tesla Team, My original delivery date for my car was 12/27 and a few days ago I got a text that the car was going to be delayed until the 29th, I thought OK maybe if I could push this past the 1st I still might get lucky with the tax credit thing if they push something through, A day after that I get another text saying it was going to be delivered to the dealer on the 30th and would be available for delivery on the 31st, Now I am thinking this is great! I can just tell them I will be out of town until the 1st and I will schedule my pickup after that, Then I got the phone call from a real person, He told me that if the car is available for delivery on the 31st I must take delivery that day or they would assign my car to someone else and but me back in line for the next shipment, He tells me that its all about 4th quarter numbers and they will be delivering cars at until midnight on the 31st, Now I have to hope for another delay if I want to take delivery after the 1st, This is kind of stressful.
Maybe push on what is in the order agreement that says you have a 3 day window, not a 3 day window except for if we are at end of quarter and need the credit?

Seriously... I professionally asked Finance to ask Tesla Fremont delivery to figure it out before bugging me anymore.

The guy literally drove the car from Tesla Fremont and then Uber'd back. He put the cashier's check inside the back case of his phone so he wouldn't misplace it, sent a pic to his delivery supervisor, and left. 20min later I had access to the car in the app, so obviously someone viewed the check and processed the delivery to completion.

The only alternative is to get the check cancelled and re-issued which is going to be a pain in the ass.
Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope it works out for you and it doesn’t drag too long especially as we get closer to holidays and banks being closed!

Reactions: Idkorcare
I would like to buy tesla insurance today, after i fill out everything, it doesn't show me the quote price. then i call tesla insurance department, the agent tell me that i can purchase insurance when i pick up car. so can i buy insurance at pick up date or i have to get insurance before pick up date?

I would like to buy tesla insurance today, after i fill out everything, it doesn't show me the quote price. then i call tesla insurance department, the agent tell me that i can purchase insurance when i pick up car. so can i buy insurance at pick up date or i have to get insurance before pick up date?
I thought you need it before. What if you don’t like the quote? I know people who didn’t get Tesla insurance because it’s too high

I think you will have a hard time holding until January. Unless your 3 day delivery window takes you into January (I've only ever seen one person with that so far), they will likely give your VIN to someone else who will take delivery in December so they can put the sale on their books for this year.
I had to put another hold because I received a VIN the day after hold was released. I told the SA can I put hold until December 31st she said put it for Jan 1st because if I put it for December 31st It's likely I will get a VIN the same day and request for pickup the same day. She said it's the end of the year they're trying to get as many cars sold. My last delivery request was only 1 day (dec 24th) no other date to select.

Reactions: hlin07
I had to put another hold because I received a VIN the day after hold was released. I told the SA can I put hold until December 31st she said put it for Jan 1st because if I put it for December 31st It's likely I will get a VIN the same day and request for pickup the same day. She said it's the end of the year they're trying to get as many cars sold. My last delivery request was only 1 day (dec 24th) no other date to select.

I never heard of VIN assignment and pick up the same day :)

Well, let's see, my hold ends exactly on December 31 and I will be out of town, so one lucky customer in Raleigh NC might get my configuration.

That’s unusually long. Do you have a trade in or financing? It took me over 3 months to realize you have to accept or decline the trade in before they will assign a vin. I didn’t finance, but I’ve heard of financing uncertainties also holding up vins too. My suggestion to anyone would be to order cash and no trade in and set up either or both after you get your vin. Makes sense also because both offers could expire before you get your vin anyway.
no trade in, no financing. I'm not sure why it's taken so long, hoping the VIN shows up soon.

My hold didnt clear till EOD, so it said till the 17th but the hold didnt lift until the 18th.
Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense. Because when I put the hold, I told them that I want to take delivery in 2022 specifically stating the potential EV tax credit, and they put the hold date as Dec 31. Anyways, I am in no hurry, even if they give away my VIN on Dec 31, I could wait until March or April 2022.

Hey you might still get a text or call if someone delays their purchase that is near SB. slight chance but still a chance mate! SB is a very good delivery center imo. good luck w your wait.
You are my good luck charm! Just got a call from my SA that someone passed up on a 2022 MSM LR AWD; have been needing a car and MSM was my backup color. Picking up tomorrow at 12! Good luck to everyone still waiting, hoping you guys get yours soon!

Got a VIN!

I went to check account via mobile app around 1pm PST today and found notification about changes to an agreement, went to the web version of the account and was offered to accept Tesla vision agreement, after that I got a VIN immediately.

Order date is 9/3/21. M3LR black/white/no fsd/19” wheels

Delivery date was changing almost every week since the order time, from November to May 2022.

Last week I saw March - April, than December, 18-31. At 12/18/31 EDD has jumped to May again and yesterday has changed to December 25-31.

I have completed all tasks, and got immediate approval for a lease.

No one has ever called/texted/emailed me from order date.

I have called to Tesla and they told me the car is on shipping lot and awaiting to be loaded up on the truck and moved to Seattle. After car will be loaded up they will tell me to schedule delivery appointment.

Reactions: The Meal and EV70
Has anyone had issues with Tesla continually moving delivery dates? Not EDD, I have my VIN, our insurance in the car for the estimated window, then was allowed to schedule for the 24th at 12pm. SA text me the next day saying they were moving it to 26th at 12, now today they said they are moving it to 27th 12pm. The car is in the bay now and I am supposed to pick up at the Rocklin center which is 2 hours from where the car is now. I live 2 hours north and am having to arrange a ride and also work Monday the 27th, rep told me if I can’t get it within that 3 days it is released.